Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Birdies 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TPC Toronto at Osprey Valley -- Heathlands

Hole 2 (par-4) -- Driver to left rough, 7-iron to within 10 feet, drained it

Hole 15 (par-4) -- Driver to fairway, gap wedge to about 20 feet, drained it

Hole 16 (par-3) -- 9-iron to about 15 feet, drained it

Gorgeous day too! A late summer gem.

Comment

• It's been awhile since I had one; yesterday at Vespra Hills Valley course, 2nd hole 510 yards par 5. Driver, 7 iron lay up, then a 60 degree wedge to 2 feet. That's my first birdie on that hole in several years.

Comment

• Today at Tam O'Shanter

Par 3 ... 14th Hole ... 9 Iron to 3 feet, made the putt.

All the greens aerated. Was grinding from the first hole, but managed to shoot an 80.
        Taylormade 2016 - M2 10.5*
        Taylormade 2016 - M2 3-15
        Taylormade Rsi-1 4-AW
        Taylormade Tour Preferred EF 52*
        Taylormade Tour Preferred EF 56*
        Taylormade Tour Preferred EF 60*
        Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2
        Titleist DT Trusoft

Comment

• In an otherwise disappointing round yesterday at Copper Creek I managed to get one on the 18th hole (Blue tees - Par 5 - 539 yards):

Driver - 3 wood - 60 degree wedge - approx. 15 ft, uphill right to left putt dropped for the only birdie of the day in my foursome.

Comment

• Yesterday testing out the new 2019 Pro V1 Prototypes I tied my best round ever at 87. I had a birdie on Deer Creek South hole 18 from the blue tees. I missed 6 birdie attempts btw, was very disappointed there until I landed that one on 18. i also nailed a 45 foot putt to save par.

Comment

• Two this morning at Diamondback...
              #7...410 yard par 4...driver, 5H to 3'.
              #18..506 yard par 5...driver, 3W, 4H into a stiff wind...back left pin...to a foot.
              Driver - Cobra F7
              Fwy Metals - TM M2 3+5
              Hybrids - TM SLDR 4+5
              Irons - TM M4 6-AW
              Wedges - King Cobra 54+58
              Putter - Scotty GoLo5r

PAEUNGOO NAEMSAE

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post
                Roadtrip to the Cleveland area on the weekend, and much to my surprise I made (5) birdies over 2 days (72 holes) - 1 for every 18, and a rare back-to-back on Monday ....missed a 135-yard hole-out Eagle by 2-inches!
                126 holes after that weekend, and not a single bird....then we were at The Summit on Tuesday this week, and on #9 (563 yards)....Driver, 3-Wood to 15-feet in front of the green (I'm not a LONG hitter--so I'm not sure what happened there?)....decided to putt....looking for that elusive Eagle (last 1--only ever made 3-- was 10 years ago)...well, didn't make it, but went 4-feet by (had a sniff), but made the birdie coming back.

I ♥ this game!
                Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

• Friday at Oakridge. #7 460 yard par 5. Drive was to the corner near the trees on the right of the dog leg. Fortunately just enough room for a clear backswing. 215 left to the rear pin. Hit a 3H that found the green. Had 50 left. Eagle attempt was almost in. Turned just an inch shy of the cup but also stopped. Tap in birdie!

Comment

• Short 245 yard Par 4 10th hole at Puslinch in Cambridge today...

Gentle 3 wood off the tee to pin-high to the right of the hidden green that is blocked by a grouping of pine trees short 10 yard chip to the front pin position leaving me with only an easy 2 footer for the bird.

Good times!

- Ian
                    Taylormade M1 460 Driver 9.5D (Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 TS) (8.75D)
                    Taylormade M1 3 Metal 15.0D (Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 TS) (16.5D)
                    Taylormade PSI Irons (KBS C-Taper 105 S) (3-PW)
                    Taylormade TP EF Satin Chrome Wedges (KBS Tour Wedge) (52D/56D/60D)
                    Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals/Irons)
                    Taylormade Spider Tour Black 34" (20G Weights)
                    SuperStroke CounterCore Pistol GT 2.0
                    Taylormade Supreme Cart Bag
                    Clicgear 3.5+ Push Cart
                    SkyCaddie TOUCH

Comment

• Today, Innerkip Highlands...

Short par 5 4th, playing 454 yards today, pulled drive to the left at about 250 yards into the adjacent fairway, 4 iron over the trees to just off the green, about a 30' chip to about a foot away, tap in bird!

Just a perfect day for golf, felt like sheer heaven out there in southwestern Ontario!!

Good times!!!

- Ian
                      Taylormade M1 460 Driver 9.5D (Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 TS) (8.75D)
                      Taylormade M1 3 Metal 15.0D (Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 TS) (16.5D)
                      Taylormade PSI Irons (KBS C-Taper 105 S) (3-PW)
                      Taylormade TP EF Satin Chrome Wedges (KBS Tour Wedge) (52D/56D/60D)
                      Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals/Irons)
                      Taylormade Spider Tour Black 34" (20G Weights)
                      SuperStroke CounterCore Pistol GT 2.0
                      Taylormade Supreme Cart Bag
                      Clicgear 3.5+ Push Cart
                      SkyCaddie TOUCH

Comment

• Listowel Millennium 9 - Hole 7 - Par 4
                        Driver - PW to 8 feet
                        Made the putt

Comment

• Early morning round at Scarlett Woods:
                          # 9 - Par 3 - 156 yards: 7 iron hole high, 10 foot putt
                          # 12 - Par 4 - 320 yards: Driver to right rough, 56 degree wedge to tap-in

Comment

• rushed around St Andrew"s Valley after my shift....decided to play the tips....why not, was alone and nobody ahead until the back nine .....flew through the first 13 holes then hit the mass on 14. On 15 tee the 4sme hit their shots and saw I was back at the Greens and said go ahead.....187 into the fan and flushed a 5iron to 20 above the hole-----drained the putt with the audience and received a little applause...kinda cool
                            "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

• Oliver's Nest #2 (formerly #11 the last time I played there) - Par4 - 5 Wood, 5 Iron, 12' putt, in the side door!
                              Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

• Today at Tam O'Shanter

Par 5 ... 5th Hole ... Driver, 7 Iron to green side rough, Pitching Wedge chip to 3 feet, made the putt.

Teed off at 8:12 and was done in under 4 hours, bit of a grind but managed an 81. Fall is in the air.

Happy Golfing people.
                                Taylormade 2016 - M2 10.5*
                                Taylormade 2016 - M2 3-15
                                Taylormade Rsi-1 4-AW
                                Taylormade Tour Preferred EF 52*
                                Taylormade Tour Preferred EF 56*
                                Taylormade Tour Preferred EF 60*
                                Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2
                                Titleist DT Trusoft

Comment

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Collapse

Topics: 166,094   Posts: 1,738,821   Members: 45,889   Active Members: 233
                                Welcome to our newest member, grants.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

Working...
                                X