Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A SportsYard Store?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the idea of a bricks and mortar location. The pop up stores have never worked for me. I get busy and either don't have time to stop by or forget until it is too late.

Travelling is OK as I only shop at a handful of stores. Some due to close location and an easy stop in while others I will make a special trip because I like the goods and service they provide. The cost of the membership would determine my decision. MEC membership one time $5 to Costco yearly membership (don't know the cost, wife deals with it). If the initial membership cost is low I would give the store a try, if too high I would take a pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed13 View Post
      I like the idea of a bricks and mortar location. The pop up stores have never worked for me. I get busy and either don't have time to stop by or forget until it is too late.

Travelling is OK as I only shop at a handful of stores. Some due to close location and an easy stop in while others I will make a special trip because I like the goods and service they provide. The cost of the membership would determine my decision. MEC membership one time $5 to Costco yearly membership (don't know the cost, wife deals with it). If the initial membership cost is low I would give the store a try, if too high I would take a pass.
      Cost is a really tricky one to figure out.

Exclusivity of golf brands like Galvin Green, Polo, and another major one we are about to announce is one thing. We are usually 60-65% off to start. So on any Galvin jacket your saving $200+ right off the bat. But, we've also been the only place where you can even get them discounted. So that selection is a great value as well.

With menswear, a Cucinelli blazer could retail for as much as $3500. Sometimes we've had them at $800. Massive amounts of savings. But those savings are typically available at other stores at times as well.

I think its probably some sort of hybrid model.... different tier at different price points based on overall volume the customer expects to buy.

Comment

If you are looking to expand the apparel offerings I would recommend reaching out to TriLuxe which distributes JL and a bunch of other Menís fashion brands. They do hold 2 sample sales a year where things are deep discounts. I go to their sales for my dress shirts, suits and jackets. Could be a potential distributor to align with.

Comment

Forgive the stupid question, but what does Sportsyard sell? I just assumed they were a retailer of sporting equipment, with a physical location somewhere? How does someone buy your goods? I know they sponsor TGN, and appreciate that, but I don't know anything about them.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong but are you going to a strictly soft goods model? Or will you still stock demo clubs and shafts like before. I would definitely be interested in a brick and mortar store as I would make you guys my first stop for clothing on the course. The membership is a good idea as it would give me access to better deals. However, it's a cost benefit ratio. What are we looking at in terms of cost for a membership? If its around 50 bucks, sure. If we get into >100 for the year I'd probably say it's not worth it (for me) as I would end up just going to your pop up sales instead.

Also, the bathegates locations worked for me, but i'm just one man

Comment

Originally posted by spinaltap View Post
              Correct me if I'm wrong but are you going to a strictly soft goods model? Or will you still stock demo clubs and shafts like before. I would definitely be interested in a brick and mortar store as I would make you guys my first stop for clothing on the course. The membership is a good idea as it would give me access to better deals. However, it's a cost benefit ratio. What are we looking at in terms of cost for a membership? If its around 50 bucks, sure. If we get into >100 for the year I'd probably say it's not worth it (for me) as I would end up just going to your pop up sales instead.

Also, the bathegates locations worked for me, but i'm just one man
              Under the membership model, pop ups would also be members only.

We'll have hard goods available as well - but the focus will mostly be on premium golf apparel and our high end menswear business.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsyard View Post

Under the membership model, pop ups would also be members only.

We'll have hard goods available as well - but the focus will mostly be on premium golf apparel and our high end menswear business.
                good to know, sounds promising

Comment

A place where you are connected to a driving range so your clients can test clubs outdoors and get fitted on grass.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeytrain View Post
                    A place where you are connected to a driving range so your clients can test clubs outdoors and get fitted on grass.
                    Sounds like Bathgate's! We'd still probably commit to schedule hours at Bathgate's once a week if member's wanted. Would need to be booked by appointment though....

Comment

I havent been to any of your pop up sales but would love to check out what you have to offer. The high end golf and other clothing doesnt appeal to me. I dont think I have ever owned a piece of high end fashion clothing. Heck , I typically shop at Winners or Marks and I'm still wearing golf shirts I bought 20 years ago. I am always interested in checking out golf hard goods though, a place to be able to purchase that at a discount and not be handed a tube of lube before you step in the door (GT) would be welcomed.

I think your choice of loaction makes good sense.
                      Good luck with the model.
                      "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Bathgates works for me too. I really liked your last sale there with the large selection of used clubs at different price points. The airport sale? Not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
                          ... not be handed a tube of lube before you step in the door ...

WITB: clubs, balls, tees, Advil and a candlestick (just in case)

Comment

Store is nice, but since I live in Markham, I enjoyed the spot sales at Golf Lounge.
                            Don't think I would drive out west very often for a sale.

Comment

Bathgate's great Paul.. Not only for access, but also the potential of trying on a range before you commit to cash. I don't know how their limited indoor size would work for you, especially on the clothing side. And I also support the "member" model. I've bought from you in Burlington, Bathgate, Markham and the International Center. Would you be offering a trade-in on clubs also?
                              I know that Harry Rosen's Outlet store in Heartland would not be pleased with you so close .
                              No good deed goes unpunished.
                              A birdie is usually followed by

Comment

So would there be any HG or is thus mainly clothing
                                Driver---Callaway Epic SZ (9) Fujikura Pro 61 XLR8 TS 45"
                                3W------Cobra King F6 (14.5) Aldila Tour Blue 85 S 42.65"
                                5W------Cobra King F6 Baffler (17.5) Aldila Tour Blue 85 S 41.75"
                                3H-------Cobra King F6 (20.5) Fujikura Motore Speeder 9.8 TS S 39.4"
                                Irons------Maltby MMB-17 Black 4-PW Modus 3 125X
                                Wedges---Cleveland RTX 3 (52/MG 58/LG) Modus 3 125X/Modus 3 125 Wedge
                                Putter-----Taylormade Spider Tour Black (DJ) 34" SS Midslim 2.0

Comment

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

TGN Sponsors

Working...
                                X