No announcement yet.
Collapse

Do you challenge idiots on the course?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you challenge idiots on the course?

I watched a guy in a group of golfers today that appeared to be around 20 years old take 2 massive practice swings in a green side bunker then chunk his shot and finally get the ball out. He left a major mess in the trap and didn't rake it. I wanted to drive up to the next tee and hand him a rake but my buddy said to let it go which I did. It was a public course. In the olden days I would have challenged this clown but you never know these days. Do you folks just let this stuff go?

call the proshop and mention it to them. No need to confront them. Lots of lunatics out there.
    MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Last resort only. Like Jeffc said, report to the pro shop and let them deal with it. You're not getting paid to deal with that crap.
      We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB

TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
      Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
      Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
      Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
      Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
      Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
      Srixon Star XV
      Ogio Grom bag

Comment

Call the pro shop, After a confrontation at Wyndance where some moron was willing to get physical after being told they were playing too slow, it's not worth it. Civility is lost on some.

Comment

Perhaps this group simply needs to be schooled on proper golf etiquette. Being a public course and very young in age, there is a chance they have very few rounds of golf under their belt. Practice shots in the bunker is an good indicator. Guys just out having a few laughs on a nice day, right? On the other hand they could be a bunch of morons so call the Pro Shop.

Comment

as everyone has said before me, call the pro shop. Or if you happen upon a marshal tell them. This season has been the worst in terms of unraked bunkers but what I have seen more often, and as I said I mention to a marshal, is guys driving carts WAY too close to the greens. or around the back of them. I mean they aren't on the green but literally inches from them.

Comment

Lol tough guy. Youd end up eating that rake. Just mind your own business. You arent the golf course police.

Comment

I would have just hit up on them....whoops

Comment

I'm probably like you Dave and would have in the old days, but there are too many aggressive aholes willing to throw down to risk it. Assuming there is no marshall, a call to the pro shop is your best bet.
                  WITB
                  9.5 Nike Covert
                  15 TM Rocketballz
                  3-P Nike Pro Vr Combo
                  52,56,60 Nike X3X Wedges
                  TM White Smoke

Comment

It's a pity that many newbies haven't had the opportunity to be taught or learn the etiquette of the game or to respect the course and other people on the course. It's a gentleman's game (or at least it used to be).

Comment

Well I have (unfortunately) seen far worse on courses.

Don't think that type of indiscretion is worth a confrontation.
                      I honestly believe that a great many 'new' golfers do not understand the rules, practices and expectations.

This weekend ended up behind a two some who waited until the group in front of them were putting out on Par 4's before teeing off. Sorry but unless you are ready for the Tour or are a long drive contestant, that is unacceptable. Had a quiet discussion with them. They thought that it was the course's practice because #1 is a short par 4 and the starter told them not to tee off until the group ahead was 'on the green'. So they waited, just a bit longer. We still got our 18 in in just over 3.5 hours, so was not too upset.

On the same course, I was fixing on average 4 divots per green. And left many behind.

Same with the bunkers. We just decided to pick up our ball, rake where it was, and replace the ball. Noonan our caddy didn't tell anyone.

Comment

Like others have mentioned, not worth the time nor aggravation. Give the Pro shop a call if required.

Comment

Dave, I would have called the pro shop. There's no need to expose yourself to undo risk.
                          This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

I've seen lots of things that are not in keeping with etiquette, tradition, or the way I would go about things but when I'm playing I don't care or let bother me what others are doing....as Adios Amigo said it's not our business and you just never know how somebody will respond

when I am Marshaling it's a different story and it is now my business and job to police things. as others have said just report problematic behavior to the marshal or call the pro shop who will give the marshal a shout on the walkie talkie to go check things out.
                            "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by AdiosAmigo View Post
                              Lol tough guy. Youd end up eating that rake. Just mind your own business. You arent the golf course police.
                              So, Asst. Super, what would YOU do if you saw the same situation, since you are responsible for playing conditions?
                              In the Hamilton Golf + CC Embroidered Ping Hoofer

Club Champion Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 A Flex​​
                              Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, KuroKage 606 S
                              TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 21* 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
                              TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R

TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-Pw, 1* up, Recoil ESX 460 R
                              PXG 0211 GW, 50*, UST Recoil Dart R
                              TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115

Ping Glide 4.0, 58* TS/6, Nippon 115 S
                              Tour Velvet Midsize Grips, Custom TXG Signature Putter Grip
                              TXG Custom King Cobra Nova, 25 gram weights, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X