Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wild Round Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wild Round Today

    Jekyl and Hyde. 43 (+8) on the front, 36 (+1) on the back. 37 putts in total (20+17) but only missed two greens on the back. Hit or fringed 12 greens. My short game is abysmal.
    Tour Edge Exotic E8 10.5*, Fuji Vista Pro R
    2016 Cobra King Ltd. 15.5*, Rogue 90 R
    Cobra F7 19*, Fuji Pro R
    Cobra F6 4 Hybrid 22*, Matrix Red Tie R
    Mizuno MP52 5-pw, DG S-300
    Vokey SM7 50*, AMT White S
    Vokey Spin Milled 54*, C Grind DG-S300

    TM R Series EF TP ATV 58*, KBS Tour 120 S
    Ping Sigma Anser 36"
    Superstroke Cross Comfort Oversize Grips
    Srixon Q Star Tour ball


    "Some day the courage of men may fail, but it will not be this day!"

  • #2
    Frustrating.

    I had a similar round on Sat but it wasn't divided by nines. I went birdie, double, birdie, birdie, double at one point. I 3 putted for par on 2 par 5's and made way too many bogeys from 100 yards and in.
    What's in the TMX Stand Bag?

    10.5 SLDR w Diamana Flowerband X-flex
    SLDR 15* 3W
    TM Rescue 17*
    SLDR 5H
    TM M2 4-PW
    CG15 52/60
    Rossa Monza Corza

    Comment


    • #3
      Wow it must be catching, last week 7 over front nine 2 over back 9 ,tough game.

      Comment


      • #4
        It could be worse. Friday at Ballantrae I was 1 over through 15 holes and playing the best golf of my life. Then I went 11 over on the last 3 holes to card an 84. I can't believe I'm actually telling anyone about this...
        We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB


        TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
        Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
        Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
        Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
        Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
        Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
        Srixon Star XV
        Ogio Grom bag

        Comment


        • #5
          I remember one time, many years ago, shooting 40-31.
          Tour Edge Exotic E8 10.5*, Fuji Vista Pro R
          2016 Cobra King Ltd. 15.5*, Rogue 90 R
          Cobra F7 19*, Fuji Pro R
          Cobra F6 4 Hybrid 22*, Matrix Red Tie R
          Mizuno MP52 5-pw, DG S-300
          Vokey SM7 50*, AMT White S
          Vokey Spin Milled 54*, C Grind DG-S300

          TM R Series EF TP ATV 58*, KBS Tour 120 S
          Ping Sigma Anser 36"
          Superstroke Cross Comfort Oversize Grips
          Srixon Q Star Tour ball


          "Some day the courage of men may fail, but it will not be this day!"

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ace in the hazard View Post
            Frustrating.

            I had a similar round on Sat but it wasn't divided by nines. I went birdie, double, birdie, birdie, double at one point. I 3 putted for par on 2 par 5's and made way too many bogeys from 100 yards and in.
            We'll have to play sooner than originally expected!
            Sage of the GTA...

            Comment


            • #7
              A couple of weeks ago I had eleven pars, and shot 85.....
              Sage of the GTA...

              Comment


              • #8
                i was 47-39 at Trillium wood saturday. I should probably warm up a bit.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by dmcdam View Post
                  It could be worse. Friday at Ballantrae I was 1 over through 15 holes and playing the best golf of my life. Then I went 11 over on the last 3 holes to card an 84. I can't believe I'm actually telling anyone about this...
                  Don't feel bad..I had a pretty good round going at Ballantrae 2 weeks ago, and then I get to the 11th hole and proceeded to drive 2 balls in the water..Out of frustration and fear of doing it again I dropped up on the fairway and put it in the bunker where I proceeded to hit it into the water by the green. I scored a 10...but miraculously ended up with an 89. ps - Never hit a hook all day before that hole or after.
                  Don't Drink & DRive...Don't Even Putt

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Benz View Post
                    A couple of weeks ago I had eleven pars, and shot 85.....
                    Similar. I had 7 pars, 2 birdies, and and eagle. Shot 84...
                    We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB


                    TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
                    Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
                    Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
                    Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
                    Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
                    Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
                    Srixon Star XV
                    Ogio Grom bag

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by caddishack View Post

                      Don't feel bad..I had a pretty good round going at Ballantrae 2 weeks ago, and then I get to the 11th hole and proceeded to drive 2 balls in the water..Out of frustration and fear of doing it again I dropped up on the fairway and put it in the bunker where I proceeded to hit it into the water by the green. I scored a 10...but miraculously ended up with an 89. ps - Never hit a hook all day before that hole or after.
                      That 11th hole has such a grip on my playing partner. It doesn't matter what club he hits, it's going left into the water every time.
                      We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB


                      TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
                      Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
                      Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
                      Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
                      Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
                      Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
                      Srixon Star XV
                      Ogio Grom bag

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by dmcdam View Post

                        That 11th hole has such a grip on my playing partner. It doesn't matter what club he hits, it's going left into the water every time.
                        I normally never have a problem with it and usually play off the blues, but they have changed the tee structure there and I played the whites, which is technically easier...but not for me lol
                        Don't Drink & DRive...Don't Even Putt

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by dmcdam View Post

                          That 11th hole has such a grip on my playing partner. It doesn't matter what club he hits, it's going left into the water every time.
                          I had a hole like that. Finally conquered it. It's just a short par 3 over water - sand or gap wedge depending on where the setup of the day - but it got so bad I could dunk it in the drink with an 8 iron. At some point it just became psychological. Then suddenly one day I stuck the green and now that's the only thought in my head when I line up on it.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by rgk5 View Post
                            Jekyl and Hyde. 43 (+8) on the front, 36 (+1) on the back. 37 putts in total (20+17) but only missed two greens on the back. Hit or fringed 12 greens. My short game is abysmal.
                            Nice comeback! Better to finish well!
                            What other people may find in poetry or art museums, I find in the flight of a good drive.
                            - Arnold Palmer

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Quite true.
                              Tour Edge Exotic E8 10.5*, Fuji Vista Pro R
                              2016 Cobra King Ltd. 15.5*, Rogue 90 R
                              Cobra F7 19*, Fuji Pro R
                              Cobra F6 4 Hybrid 22*, Matrix Red Tie R
                              Mizuno MP52 5-pw, DG S-300
                              Vokey SM7 50*, AMT White S
                              Vokey Spin Milled 54*, C Grind DG-S300

                              TM R Series EF TP ATV 58*, KBS Tour 120 S
                              Ping Sigma Anser 36"
                              Superstroke Cross Comfort Oversize Grips
                              Srixon Q Star Tour ball


                              "Some day the courage of men may fail, but it will not be this day!"

                              Comment

                              Advanced Search

                              Join The TGN Email List

                              Collapse

                              Recently Joined

                              Collapse

                              Topics: 160,068   Posts: 1,683,268   Members: 45,221   Active Members: 298
                              Welcome to our newest member, NewerGolferNut1991.

                              Today's Birthdays

                              Collapse

                              PGA Leaderboard

                              Collapse


                              TGN Sponsors




                              TGN Sponsors

                              Working...
                              X