No announcement yet.
Collapse

Wild Round Today

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a wild 9 hole round yesterday; in the first 4 holes I had a bogey, double, triple & quad. In the last 5 holes I had 3 pars and a bogey....and a triple.
    My lack of a warm up was evident.

Comment

Somewhat similar experience yesterday at Remington Parkview Upper. Shot 41 on the front, then 52 on the back. Everything was going along incredibly well (for me), for what could have been my best game ever, but totally blew up on the last 3 holes.

On the plus side, had four 1 putts and not a single 3 putt, for a total of 32 putts. Greenside chipping was good, only duffed one, and got out of 3 green side bunkers onto the green in one shot each - which for me is an accomplishment.

Strange how one can play 3/4's of a round at the top of one's game and then completely fall apart for the rest of the game. Try as I might, I could not recover. It was like I fell off a cliff. On the 16th, where I put my drive OB, which started the downslide, it felt like I used every club in the bag just to get to the green.

Coming into holes 16 and 17, I knew these could be trouble, as I had started pushing long shots to the left and these holes are not as forgiving to that, as are many others on that course. Sure enough, doubt crept in, confidence left me and I ended up doing exactly what I dreaded.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
      X