Collapse

How many eagles in one round...

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many eagles in one round...

Had a fantastic experience last week while playing Trafalgar G&CG in Milton. There are two par 5's back to back, holes 11 and 12 on the back 9. Wind was into us on 11 went driver 3 wood to about a foot. Tap in for an eagle. Hole #12 plays down wind, went driver 3 hybrid to the front fringe and chipped in for eagle.
    Ended up shooting a -1.
    Played the round with 2 of my BGB (best golfing buds) who are members and the concierge Mark.
    Anyone else experience something like this?

Nice shooting. It was a long time ago but I went eagle par birdie eagle on a 4 hole stretch. 3 of the four were par 5’s
    Last edited by Pingnut; Aug 9, 2018, 09:38 PM.
    TM M2 D-type 9.5 Accra CS1 70
    TM Jetspeed tour 19* Accra CS1 80
    TM M2 tour 4-9 Accra ICWT 95
    Callaway X-Forged 48, 52, 58, 64 Pro Modus3 105
    Nike method MC3i

Osprey Valley Century Club
    100 holes - May 2, 2016

Comment

I've gone birdie eagle a couple of times but never eagle eagle. I think the best was starting the Rock eagle birdie to go 3 under through 2. Playing with my father-in-law for the first time. No pressure...
      What's in the Sunmountain 4.5?

10.5 M2 with Speeder 77 Stiff 3 wood shaft
      TM Rescue 17*
      TM M2 4-AW
      TM RAC 52/56 CG15 60
      Odyssey 2 Ball with Superstroke Fatso

Comment

I've gone eagle/birdie but never back-to-back eagles. That'll polish up the scorecard pretty quick! I did eagle the same hole In back to back rounds once.
        We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB

TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
        Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
        Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
        Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
        Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
        Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
        Srixon Star XV
        Ogio Grom bag

Comment

I had two eagles in one round last year, but not back to back. I was playing Lakeview and canned my second shot going into #4 from 135 and then on 16 I stiffed my approach to 1 foot for a tap in. Tied my career low round. Just missed breaking my all time low round but my 7 ft birdie on 18 lipped out. It was fun regardless.
          Proud member of the Prune Juice Army.

Comment

Congrats, if your anything like my Dad you'll tell the story for years to come lol. He did it in a match at North Halton he was 1 down and his playing partner went birdie, birdie, only to find himself 1 down.

I once had two in a skins game at Royal Woodbine (not back to back) - and just barely broke 90.

Comment

Many moons ago, I had two remarkable experiences.

On one day, I holed out from the fairway on two par-4 holes. So, two eagles.

On another day, on consecutive par-3 and par-5 holes, I went birdie-eagle.

Have never come close to anything like either of those since.

Comment

Saw these two eagles once on a course. That's as close as I have come.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

Originally posted by Fore Warned View Post
                  Saw these two eagles once on a course. That's as close as I have come.

Comment

Played BraeBen first time last year, I eagled 17 short par 4 and eagled 18 not a long par 5. So for those counting, 2 eagles shot a 74
                    In the bag:
                    -TaylorMade R15 driver/ aldila nv 2kxv 65g x-stiff
                    -Cleveland Classic 3 Wood strong 14*
                    -TaylorMade Burner 2.0 5-PW irons
                    -Nike Vr 58, 54, 52 deg. wedge
                    -Custom milled putter from 303SS

Comment

Two, one was a par 5 and one was a par 3 (making that a hole in one)

Comment

Wow that is impressive! I I've only had two Eagles in my life 2 years apart both par 4 hole outs 125 yards and 155 yards. I've had a few eagle putts on par 5's but missed them. I couldn't even imagine having two Eagles in one round. Keegan Bradley had three eagles in a round at this year's Canadian open, that was insane.

Comment

Heard a pretty good one from an uncle this weekend. He had three eagles in nine holes. An ace, a hole out from 60 yards. and a long put on a short par five. Just occurred to me that means he eagled a par 3, 4, and 5 inside nine holes. That's got to be a pretty rare feat.
                          Last edited by Soft Hackle; Aug 20, 2018, 02:38 AM.

Comment

I've made 2 eagles in a round - 3 eagles in a 24 hour period. Eagle on the 18th hole at Braeben late in the evening. Then eagled the 1st hole and 17th hole (chip in!) the next day!
                            What other people may find in poetry or art museums, I find in the flight of a good drive.
                            - Arnold Palmer

Comment

5 eagles in my life. If I ever got 2 in a round, I might just quit the game.
                              MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X