Collapse

Golf Town ridiculous prices

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr22putt View Post

Yes....the price of grips is awful nowadays.....I'm not overly picky....I bought some Adams branded grips from Hurricane Golf (free shipping) for $1.49 each....supposedly made by Iomic.....still waiting for my neighour to go to their US home to bring them back.

In years prior....I use to buy some nice Golfsmith branded grips for well under $3.
    At some point in the last 10+ years, rubber went way up in price. Combine that with the use of exotic materials for grips and hence we're paying much higher prices. Like all golf equipment, deals can be had, but it takes perserverence and patience.
    Bridgestone J715 10.5
    Adams Tight Lies Titanium 13.5
    Adams Super LS 17d.
    Mizuno JPX-850 forged 4-PW
    Scratch 8620 53d.
    Callaway X-forged 58d.
    Odyssey White Hot Tour #2
    Srixon Q-star tour

Comment

• Originally posted by bl8d View Post

when Golfsmith had their outlet just off Kennedy they stocked most every brand and the majority were under 7 bucks. I miss that place.

grips are so damn cheap to make, and GT used their 1/2 price Feb sale as a means to get you in the store . Now the ridiculous price of grips keeps me away, and IQ Harry's Bleche White is getting the biz.
      I forgot about that Kennedy location....I've never been to the store (I live in Vancouver)...but remember that some grips were sent to me from that location when I ordered from Golfsmith years ago.

Comment

• Stopped by GT to pickup some accessories. Saw they have the tp5/tp5x athlete edition on the shelf, asked them if they would price match sport check cause they had the 2 for 74.98 sale going on right now. He said they would price match just had to show the advertising on the sport check website. They honoured the sale price and picked one box of each athlete edition. That was great cause there isn’t a sport check around me, so regardless of their pricing I must say their customer service is great at least from my experience. Also Feb is when they’ll get the new gear in as I’m interested in trying the cobra f9 speedback, epic flash as reviews show increased ball speed with same swing speed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Karmagolf View Post
          Stopped by GT to pickup some accessories. Saw they have the tp5/tp5x athlete edition on the shelf, asked them if they would price match sport check cause they had the 2 for 74.98 sale going on right now. He said they would price match just had to show the advertising on the sport check website. They honoured the sale price and picked one box of each athlete edition. That was great cause there isn’t a sport check around me, so regardless of their pricing I must say their customer service is great at least from my experience. Also Feb is when they’ll get the new gear in as I’m interested in trying the cobra f9 speedback, epic flash as reviews show increased ball speed with same swing speed.
          I play the 5X ........what is the "athlete edition" ? never heard of it
          "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

• It displays the same ID marks used by Rose, McIlroy and two other TM players. Novelty, that's all.
            In the Hamilton Golf + CC Embroidered Ping Hoofer

Club Champion Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 A Flex​​
            Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, KuroKage 606 S
            TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 21* 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
            TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R

TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-Pw, 1* up, Recoil ESX 460 R
            PXG 0211 GW, 50*, UST Recoil Dart R
            TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115

Ping Glide 4.0, 58* TS/6, Nippon 115 S
            Tour Velvet Midsize Grips, Custom TXG Signature Putter Grip
            TXG Custom King Cobra Nova, 25 gram weights, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Comment

• Originally posted by rgk5 View Post
              It displays the same ID marks used by Rose, McIlroy and two other TM players. Novelty, that's all.
              The other 2 players are Jason Day and John Rahm

Comment

• Originally posted by Karmagolf View Post

The other 2 players are Jason Day and John Rahm
                Time to rename it tp4x now I guess.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tpx5.png
Views:	66
Size:	365.1 KB
ID:	2908592
                Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

• I'd never heard of the TP5x "athlete edition" either so I googled it.
                  Pictures on the box, players numbers (e.g. 87 for Jason Day), and their marks on the back.

What will they think of next?

Question: Would you add your own mark to these?

"Confusion" will be my epitaph
                  ...Iggy

Comment

• ^^^quote "What will they think of next?"
                    Marvel Comics
                    things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

• Originally posted by bl8d View Post
                      Now the ridiculous price of grips keeps me away, and IQ Harry's Bleche White is getting the biz.
                      I rarely change the grips on my own clubs. The 'Secret Method' is used every month or two.
                      Adams XTD Ti 12.5* / TightLies 2 Ti / Super 9031 Tour / Ping WRX i20 Irons
                      Ping WRX Tour Gorge / YES Natalie Putter B-CG / Leupold GX-4 Rangefinder
                      Personal Best: 79, hoping for another sub 80 round before the Twilight Zone

Comment

• Originally posted by TourIQ View Post
                        I rarely change the grips on my own clubs. The 'Secret Method' is used every month or two.
                        When your SS is 60, you're grips will last a lifetime.

Comment

• Originally posted by TourIQ View Post
                          I dont use it that regularly, maybe once every 20-25 rounds..... but have rubber grips that are 7 years old and almost like new because of this method....its really incredible . I used to use soap and warm water, but the Bleche White, revitalizes them so much more and makes them tacky again.
                          "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

• GT's online inventory accuracy drives me more batty than their pricing. I know where to shop to find better prices than they offer, but if they DO have something that's worth buying and it's on sale, their inventory is so out of whack it makes it worthwhile NOT to shop there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
                              I dont use it that regularly, maybe once every 20-25 rounds..... but have rubber grips that are 7 years old and almost like new because of this method....its really incredible . I used to use soap and warm water, but the Bleche White, revitalizes them so much more and makes them tacky again.
                              My grips are 6 years old and still going strong.

Adams XTD Ti 12.5* / TightLies 2 Ti / Super 9031 Tour / Ping WRX i20 Irons
                              Ping WRX Tour Gorge / YES Natalie Putter B-CG / Leupold GX-4 Rangefinder
                              Personal Best: 79, hoping for another sub 80 round before the Twilight Zone

Comment

• Originally posted by racmbs View Post
                                GT's online inventory accuracy drives me more batty than their pricing. I know where to shop to find better prices than they offer, but if they DO have something that's worth buying and it's on sale, their inventory is so out of whack it makes it worthwhile NOT to shop there.
                                wasn't it Golfsmiths erratic online inventory/service that killed them?Maybe that Ghost is still haunting GT.

but nobody has worse on-line inventory tracking control than Canadian Tire. My nearest CT(theStockyard) has a Home Depot and a Rona(Loew) right across the road from them. CT slack inventory is testing my "shop Canadian" and turning me towards their US competitor.

things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X