/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

The OFFICIAL 2019 Ryder Cup Thread

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeffc
    replied
    Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post
    Where does the Trophy reside & displayed the rest of the year?
    Itís at our captains right now. We may share it amongst team mates

Leave a comment:

• Big Shooter
    replied
    Where does the Trophy reside & displayed the rest of the year?

Leave a comment:

• Jeffc
    replied
    Originally posted by mpare View Post
    Darn. Steve and I missed the photo.

JV as well

Leave a comment:

• mpare
    replied
    Darn. Steve and I missed the photo.

Originally posted by Jeffc View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	01D34FC5-6D74-426A-A6B0-CE73C32151F1.jpeg
Views:	93
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	2987294

Leave a comment:

• Jeffc
    replied
    Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post
    Where are the PICTURES?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	01D34FC5-6D74-426A-A6B0-CE73C32151F1.jpeg
Views:	93
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	2987294

Leave a comment:

• golfingoalie
    replied
    You seem to be the only one with a camera!!

Leave a comment:

• Big Shooter
    replied
    Where are the PICTURES?

Leave a comment:

• Leftygolfer30
    replied
    After my one year hiatus from the event it was awesome to be back and see everyone again. Thanks to all involved in making this past weekend a smashing success. To my partner Pete and my opponents Reza, Tom and Scott, as well as Will, your company on the golf course and patience to not laugh at my duffed shots, I thank you for a top notch weekend. Honourable mention to my cart partner Gerry on Sunday, you're aces in my book pally!!!

Leave a comment:

• Wilster
    replied
    Thanks to all for another great event .
    Gerry & Dave ,thanks for all the help , again.
    To my opponents , thanks for the great matches , you guys are fantastic company and you played some stellar golf.
    Have a great season everyone , c ya next time

Leave a comment:

• mpare
    replied
    Well that was another wonderful weekend of golf and camaraderie. I never would have thought that I'd still be playing in this annual event at 70, but life is full of surprises. Each year, this event never disappoints, notwithstanding the occasional course or weather glitch that may confront us. This year was no different, save that the weather was perfect. One of the first things that Teresa smilingly asked me when I arrived home was "Are you playing next year?" Absolutely!

Thanks again to the organizers and the captains of both teams (Will, Reza, Gerry, and Dave) for looking after our collective interests. Without their efforts, there would be no event.

Finally, thanks to those with whom we competed over the weekend. Steve and I had a great time golfing with Reza and Tom in the practice round, and competing against Mike Neal, Mike (Pix40), Jim (Jimmy3864), and Pete, each and every one of them a joy to golf with. I'll never forget Mike Neal's 221 yard, uphill 5 iron out of the rough into the breeze onto the 17th green. Steve and I, who were hoping to square the match at that point, looked at each other astonished. I muttered an obscenity, and we both laughed. So much fun.

Reluctantly, let me close by saying that victory is sweet. If memory serves me correctly, that now puts Ottawa up 7-6 in these annual matches. 😂
    Last edited by mpare; Jun 10, 2019, 06:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jeffc
    replied
    Where to begin?

First of all, the weather, after an absolute crap spring, we got the best 3 days of the year to spend it on a golf course.

To my Saturday partner John, thanks for the laughs and the strong back for carrying my @ss. To Bob and Charles, you were formidable opponents and gentlemen to boot. I enjoyed every minute.

Thanks to Brian and Mike for the fun today. Brian, you played awesome and it was a pleasure watching you hit a golf ball. Mike and Reza - thanks for providing us an entertaining match to watch right up to the end.

To Gerry and Dave, thanks for all your hard work in putting this together, again. To Reza and Will, thanks again for corralling the boys on the Ottawa side and honestly putting up with all the headaches.

In the end, it was nice to get the win, but really, the camaraderie that is shown throughout the event is what really makes this thing special. It's an awesome group of people and I hope this continues for many years to come.

Leave a comment:

• Mule56
    replied
    Well another year gone past. So the list starts.
    Gerry and Dave - thanks for making this work again. I know it's not always pretty and especially on Saturday. But I have faith that next year will be just fine.
    Charles - we did good on Saturday going 1-0-1. I'm sorry you watched the melted down on the last 5 holes today .
    John V - You played well both days. I wish I could have given you a better game today, but when we got to 10, my swing went over Black Bear in preparation for next year.
    To the Ottawa team enjoy it until next year as much as we did the last year. There will be no mercy next time.
    Hope all had a safe and quick ride home.

Leave a comment:

• golfingoalie
    replied
    Seemingly following some weird formula Team Ottawa kicked our asses this year 22.5 to 9.5. We seem to flip flop on beating each other badly every other year. Ottawa guys just played better (much).

Leave a comment:

• racmbs
    replied
    Originally posted by Mule56 View Post
    Although 12 hours at a golf course was not the most fun I've had since surgery , at least the people I shared it with made it enjoyable. The general population may want an update.
    It's currently at 6.5 to 9.5 for Ottawa.

Leave a comment:

• Mule56
    replied
    Although 12 hours at a golf course was not the most fun I've had since surgery , at least the people I shared it with made it enjoyable. The general population may want an update.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Topics: 175,857   Posts: 1,843,904   Members: 47,494   Active Members: 270
Welcome to our newest member, thegreenace.
Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
X