Collapse

Underpar no cart for second round

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Underpar no cart for second round

What is it with some underpar deals where they do not include the cart for the replay round (i.e. the current Hockley valley deal). I get it that it is a different way to price the deal, but it seams kinda stupid to me to not include the cart for the replay, especially if you included it for the first round. Why don't they just add $20 to the price of the deal and say cart included for both rounds instead of presenting it the way they do. Anyway, just seems silly to me to price the deal this way.
    Proud member of the Prune Juice Army.

Originally posted by luv2kruz View Post
    What is it with some underpar deals where they do not include the cart for the replay round (i.e. the current Hockley valley deal). I get it that it is a different way to price the deal, but it seams kinda stupid to me to not include the cart for the replay, especially if you included it for the first round. Why don't they just add $20 to the price of the deal and say cart included for both rounds instead of presenting it the way they do. Anyway, just seems silly to me to price the deal this way.
    Not everybody plays more than 18 holes.
    Quoting $20 more for “The package” could make the deal uncompetitive
    Brampton

Comment

Originally posted by dkedad View Post

Not everybody plays more than 18 holes.
      Quoting $20 more for “The package” could make the deal uncompetitive
      Makes sense. I guess I always plan to play 36, so that's why it is unattractive to me.

Comment

And some prefer to walk. Hockley doesn't allow it but most do.
        What's in the Sunmountain 4.5?

10.5 M2 with Speeder 77 Stiff 3 wood shaft
        TM Rescue 17*
        TM M2 4-AW
        TM RAC 52/56 CG15 60
        Odyssey 2 Ball with Superstroke Fatso

Comment

I only play 18 with Underpar.
          Member of 2012, 2013, 2015 TGN Ryder Cup Team
          Member of 2014 OG Ryder Cup Team

Comment

Originally posted by gimmeabogey View Post
            I only play 18 with Underpar.
            Same ...
            "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

I'm surprised by the comments that many of you only play 18. That's where I find the underpar deals create the most value for me. If you just play 18, then I find that you just get the equivalent of a free cart vs. rack rates and many of them require a reasonable degree of travel from where I live in the GTA, so not much of a deal for me. Maybe the ones that I dismiss due to travel requirements offer better deals than the ones I typically look at.

Comment

Just read the fine prints...I think it’s fair as long as cart is not mandatory.
                Definitely not as re----ed as the ones ‘used by July 1’ or else tee off after 3pm.
                Last edited by Pengyo; Jun 16, 2019, 02:26 PM.
                All LH :

Driver : TM SLDR430 10.5° Fuji Atmos Red
                4-wood : Tour Edge Lift-Off AnyLie 16.5°
                3-PW : Nike Victory Red II ProCombo
                Wedges : Nike VRII 52-degree / 58-degree
                Putter : Odyssey White Ice #9

Comment

I'm surprised by the comments that many of you only play 18. That's where I find the underpar deals create the most value for me. If you just play 18, then I find that you just get the equivalent of a free cart vs. rack rates and many of them require a reasonable degree of travel from where I live in the GTA, so not much of a deal for me. Maybe the ones that I dismiss due to travel requirements offer better deals than the ones I typically look at.
                  I just don't have the time or energy for 36 on day to day. We do play 36 a day, everyday in Myrtle beach but then we're golf starved over a long winter.
                  Member of 2012, 2013, 2015 TGN Ryder Cup Team
                  Member of 2014 OG Ryder Cup Team

Comment

Makes sense. I guess I always plan to play 36, so that's why it is unattractive to me.
                    I usually only play 18 on Underpar deals. We only once used the replay an ironically it was at Hockley so we just paid the cart fee.

That’s why they don’t price it $20 higher. This makes it more attractive to more players. Why would the people who only play 18 want to pay up front for a cart they won’t use? If you want to use the replay pay the cart fee and your still even.

Comment

Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post

I usually only play 18 on Underpar deals. We only once used the replay an ironically it was at Hockley so we just paid the cart fee.

That’s why they don’t price it $20 higher. This makes it more attractive to more players. Why would the people who only play 18 want to pay up front for a cart they won’t use? If you want to use the replay pay the cart fee and your still even.
                      That's it in a nutshell - why would the 18 hole players pay for a cart they don't use?

It's also easy to forget that this is a golf NUTS site. There's always plenty of talk here about 2 rounds a day and play all day and 2 hour rounds, but in "real life" I'll bet > 98% of golfers never play more than 18 in a day and it takes a good 4 hours to do that. So underpar (and courses) are trying to serve that market.
                      "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                      ...Iggy

Comment

The main reason I buy UnderPars is the potential to get that free 2nd round and if you are playing 36 a cart would be a must.

Comment

Originally posted by Pengyo View Post
                          Just read the fine prints...I think it’s fair as long as cart is not mandatory.
                          Definitely not as retarded as the ones ‘used by July 1’ or else tee off after 3pm.
                          I'm amazed that someone would use this term in 2019.

such a distasteful comment could only be explained by two possibilities:
                          1. You just woke up from a 25 year coma
                          2. You are part of the 1% of 11 year olds in the world who don't know any better.
                          "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

I'm amazed that someone would use this term in 2019.

such a distasteful comment could only be explained by two possibilities:
                            1. You just woke up from a 25 year coma
                            2. You are part of the 1% of 11 year olds in the world who don't know any better.
                            How did you know about the coma ?
                            You think it's ok to reference folks who came out of a coma??
                            All LH :

Driver : TM SLDR430 10.5° Fuji Atmos Red
                            4-wood : Tour Edge Lift-Off AnyLie 16.5°
                            3-PW : Nike Victory Red II ProCombo
                            Wedges : Nike VRII 52-degree / 58-degree
                            Putter : Odyssey White Ice #9

Comment

Underpar is already giving are a good deal on the first round of 18,
                              Plus you are given a chance to book a bonus 2nd round afterwards, that is totally dependent on a available tee time which puts you on the same footing with other players who are trying to get on. Carts are understandably available on a first come first serve basis, and at full cost. Why are some biatchin'? The cake and eat it too syndrome?
                              The world does not revolve around you despite what you think.
                              things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X