Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minor GT rant/ No MB heads to try ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mick12 View Post

Sorry to confuse. As I was leaving I noticed set on wall, but not the shafts I like. I was hitting different heads with various shafts, CB ( really liked those) So , as someone who has played blades for Decades ( to long to mention !!) , I asked for the MB. I was told "no, we don't have them here",,, barely anyone uses them" . So I thought that was weird, I mentioned to the clerk but I can hit cally, mizuno or Srixon, but not the Titleist??. Really wasn't a reply. The more I think about it, I think its just that they didn't have those heads in yet.

That sounds more like it.
    King Cobra F9 10.5* Tour, VA Composites Raijin 44 A
    Cobra F8 3-4 wood 13.5*, VA Composites Raijin 44 R
    Cobra F8 5 wood 17.5*, Tensei Blue A
    Mizuno CLK 22*, Speeder Evolution HB 75 S
    Ping i25 5-pw, TFC 189 R, 1.5* U
    Cobra MIM forged 50*, KBS Hi Rev 125 S

Ping Glide 1.0 ES 54.5*, CFS Wedge Flex
    Ping Eye 2+, 57.5*, KT S
    Taylor Made TP Mullen 2, 35" LH
    Srixon ZStar XV Ball

"Some day the courage of men may fail, but it will not be this day!"

Comment

Originally posted by rgk5 View Post

Forged irons make up less than 8% of iron sales. Of that 8%, less than 10% are blades. It has been that away across N. America for at least ten years.
      When Chris fit me last Dec he made a comment along the lines of, iirc, that I was the first guy he had fit who had come in looking for blades and actually _was_ fit for blades. Lol.

Comment

That sounds more like it.
        Does not make it right in my view. Its simple. As a company Titleist makes and markets clubs. As a consumer I should be able to try ALL of their clubs with various shafts, as I am able to do with so many other brands as mentioned. I think really the reason was they didn't have the heads yet- but I should not be told "no one buys them so we don't carry them". That's not right in my view, but already a fellow TGN member has hooked me up somewhere to try them.
        MICK12

Comment

Originally posted by Mick12 View Post

Does not make it right in my view. Its simple. As a company Titleist makes and markets clubs. As a consumer I should be able to try ALL of their clubs with various shafts, as I am able to do with so many other brands as mentioned. I think really the reason was they didn't have the heads yet- but I should not be told "no one buys them so we don't carry them". That's not right in my view, but already a fellow TGN member has hooked me up somewhere to try them.
          Guess I'm in the minority too, have played them just fine for over 20 years, but that's NOT the point. If I can try other brands heads with various shafts, why not the Titleist MB?. Its Simple- Titleist makes products, as a consumer I should be able to try all of them that are in the market as I can others. I really think now , it was simply that they did not have it yet.
          MICK12

Comment

Forged irons make up less than 8% of iron sales. Of that 8%, less than 10% are blades. It has been that away across N. America for at least ten years.
            So less than 1 out of every 100 iron sets sold are blades....not many at all, surprised GT even carries them in any stores
            "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

So less than 1 out of every 100 iron sets sold are blades....not many at all, surprised GT even carries them in any stores
              Might be even less than that.
              King Cobra F9 10.5* Tour, VA Composites Raijin 44 A
              Cobra F8 3-4 wood 13.5*, VA Composites Raijin 44 R
              Cobra F8 5 wood 17.5*, Tensei Blue A
              Mizuno CLK 22*, Speeder Evolution HB 75 S
              Ping i25 5-pw, TFC 189 R, 1.5* U
              Cobra MIM forged 50*, KBS Hi Rev 125 S

Ping Glide 1.0 ES 54.5*, CFS Wedge Flex
              Ping Eye 2+, 57.5*, KT S
              Taylor Made TP Mullen 2, 35" LH
              Srixon ZStar XV Ball

"Some day the courage of men may fail, but it will not be this day!"

Comment

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Collapse

Topics: 174,136   Posts: 1,822,401   Members: 47,197   Active Members: 177
              Welcome to our newest member, ShuckerPaddy.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

Working...
              X