Collapse

First Eagle was a Dandy!

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Eagle was a Dandy!

I’ve only ever had 3 eagle attempts, all of them at Flamborough #3, but have never sunk one.

Sunday at Heron Point, after getting a beer at the turn, I had a decent tee shot into the 10th fairway. Long hole, so I still had 177 yards to reach the back pin. Hoping (praying) to just make the green, I hit it pure and the ball flight was spectacular. It hit the green, but you know Heron Point, I prob bounced off the back into the shlt. Whatever, I was happy to have at least hit “A” green. LoveHeron Point, hate the greens!

Up at the green, I was expecting to take a drop, so I grabbed a ball from my bag, but my playing partner spas1 was already on the green looking in the hole. He knew.

I’m still grinning. Thanks for the invite Joyride

– Greg

Well done!!!! Hit a 185 yard shot to 2' today for the bird (on an otherwise uninspiring round), but I guess no biggie in comparison....

Comment

Congrats. Sad that you didn't see it drop but there's something to be said for the surprise too
      What's in the Sunmountain 4.5?

10.5 M2 with Speeder 77 Stiff 3 wood shaft
      TM Rescue 17*
      TM M2 4-AW
      TM RAC 52/56 CG15 60
      Odyssey 2 Ball with Superstroke Fatso

Comment

Congrats Synergy, well done!!!
        If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

Awesome Synergy ! Congrats !
          "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Sweet

Comment

Way to go! Congratulations!
              In the Titleist Canada stand bag.....

Titleist 915 D3, 10.5
              Titleist 909 F2 15.5*
              Titleist 910 F2 19*
              Titleist 913H 24*
              Titleist 712 AP1 5-GW
              Vokey SM6 52* (bent to 53*)
              Vokey SM6 58*
              SC Studio Stainless Newport

Comment

That is an amazing eagle...congrats!

Comment

Nicely done!

Comment

Originally posted by synergy View Post
                    I’ve only ever had 3 eagle attempts, all of them at Flamborough #3, but have never sunk one.

Sunday at Heron Point, after getting a beer at the turn, I had a decent tee shot into the 10th fairway. Long hole, so I still had 177 yards to reach the back pin. Hoping (praying) to just make the green, I hit it pure and the ball flight was spectacular. It hit the green, but you know Heron Point, I prob bounced off the back into the shlt. Whatever, I was happy to have at least hit “A” green. LoveHeron Point, hate the greens!

Up at the green, I was expecting to take a drop, so I grabbed a ball from my bag, but my playing partner spas1 was already on the green looking in the hole. He knew.

I’m still grinning. Thanks for the invite Joyride
                    Nice shot, congrats!

I guess I am being pedantic but don’t you have an eagle attempt every second shot on a par 4? Every tee shot on a par 3? Every 3rd shot on a par 5?

Comment

Originally posted by bcampb00 View Post

Nice shot, congrats!

I guess I am being pedantic but don’t you have an eagle attempt every second shot on a par 4? Every tee shot on a par 3? Every 3rd shot on a par 5?
                      I'm as pedantic as you. Not taking anything away from Synergy's hole-out on a tough hole, but an eagle to me is a one-putt or CLOSE chip in on a par 5, or similar on a short par 4 after a good drive.

Comment

Everyone else has already congratulated you, so I'm going to congratulate the beer for an assist on the play! Beer. Is there anything it can't do?
                        We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB

TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
                        Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
                        Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
                        Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
                        Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
                        Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
                        Srixon Star XV
                        Ogio Grom bag

Comment

I would like to congratulate synergy on his spectacular Eagle!!!!

He hit a spectacular second shot to the center of the green. When it landed I said - I think it went in - however being below the hole in the middle of the fairway you couldn't tell. I had a feeling it went in, and when I walked up to the hole and saw it in there it was AWESOME!!!! He didn't believe at first as he thought he rolled off the back of the green.

This was a long time coming!

Here is to the first of many more my friend!!!

Comment

Congrats Synergy, it was great witnessing your first ever Eagle, a fantastic accomplishment and well deserved!

Hope to see many more of these during the rest of the season..

Comment

Always a great feeling to drop a shot from off the green into a hole be it for Eagle, Birdie or even Par! Congratulations!

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X