Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A trip down memory lane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A trip down memory lane

I was cleaning out some file folders and found the old score card from my first sub 70 round on July 23, 1999 (I thought that I lost it). Hunter's Glen doesn't exist any more and used to be on Hwy 50 on the way up to Bolton. I can still remember the slight nervousness when I teed it up on the 18th hole, a reachable par 5, knowing that if I birdied the hole, I would break 70 for the first time and I really wanted it badly. I was sort of hanging in there for the last few holes and pulled off some miracle up and downs to keep the hopes alive and my short game was bailing me out big time. I hit a great drive on 18 and hit my approach just short of the green. I caught my chip a little thin and the ball ended up about 10 feet above the hole and I left myself a tough downhill putt with about a foot and a half of break (couldn't have made it easy). My putt looked like it was going to lip out, but caught a piece of the hole and curled in. I jumped about 2 feet in the air like Mickelson did when he first won the Masters. What a feeling!! Although I have forgotten many of the holes and shots from that round, I will never forget that last hole and that putt. Hard to believe that this was over 20 years ago. Still brings a smile to my face.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_112891.jpg Views:	3 Size:	530.3 KB ID:	3037230

Click image for larger version  Name:	Hunters Glen July 23, 1999 back 9.JPG Views:	0 Size:	572.2 KB ID:	3037231

Belated Congrats, played many a round there at Hunters, never broke 70 though.
    The hole I hated most was that Par 3 - 10th, it always seemed to get to me, being very narrow and breaks impossible to read.

Comment

Very cool memory. Breaking 70 is impressive indeed.

Comment

Impressive, glad you were able to re-visit the moment !
        WITB: Sun Mountain 4.5LS
        Titleist TS3 10.5 with Evenflow T1100 White 65 Stiff
        Titleist TS2 19H with Evenflow White 90 Stiff

Titleist 818 H1 21 & 23 with Accra FX300H Stiff
        Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi 5i & 6i with Steelfiber i110cw X-Stiff
        Mizuno MP-18 MMC 7-PW with Steelfiber i110cw X-Stiff
        Mizuno JPX-900F 50* with Steelfiber i110cw X-Stiff
        Cleveland RTX 54* & 58 Mid with Steelfiber i110cw X-Stiff
        Seemore Platinum M7 Tour with SS Pistol Grip

Comment

A real blast from the past. Congrats.
          Gone golfin' ... be back about dark-thirty.

Comment

Very nice and congratulations!

Comment

Some things are nice to save. Great memory. I also played there many times. I liked the 10th. Despite the hands shaking on the tee lol. Beautiful hole.

Comment

Originally posted by nomullies View Post
                Some things are nice to save. Great memory. I also played there many times. I liked the 10th. Despite the hands shaking on the tee lol. Beautiful hole.
                10 was the best hole on this course. 15 from the back tee was fun too. Miss this course.

Comment

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Collapse

Topics: 174,136   Posts: 1,822,401   Members: 47,197   Active Members: 177
                Welcome to our newest member, ShuckerPaddy.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

Working...
                X