Collapse

Slaying Your Nemesis Hole

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slaying Your Nemesis Hole

I play Hidden Lake a fair bit. My wife and I went out late yesterday to play some twilight. Teed off blue tees on the New Course. Hit a decent drive. I didn't have my GPS on so I paced it off from the 150 marker and I was about 134 to the middle. It was a front flag so I estimated that it was more like 120-125. Hit my shot to about 6-7 feet passed the flag and managed to putt in for the "oiseau".
    I said to my wife, "I don't think I've ever birdied this hole before". Sure enough, in looking through my Golf Canada app, in rounds over the last few years, I've had a few pars, but I either miss the GIR and have to chip on and then 2 putt OR end up 3 putting and take a bogey (or worse ).
    The hole isn't that challenging, but it was nice to finally get a birdie.

Is there a hole that you normally struggle with that you finally got the better of?

What's in the bag?
    TM M2
    Cobra F6 fairway woods and irons
    PING Sigma G Putter
    Les Grossman: "I'm talking G5. Playa, playa"

3rd hole at columbus ,island green ,it's had me for a week now ,redemption is coming

Comment

Originally posted by nearace View Post
      3rd hole at columbus ,island green ,it's had me for a week now ,redemption is coming
      That pond has a few of my balls but managed to make a bird last time I played it but pond still wins

Comment

Island 4 at Bear Creek in Barrie. Doesn't suit my eye. I'm not a long lefty who plays a fade.
        Driver - Taylormade SIM MAX 9.0 Diamana S
        3W - Taylormade M4
        5 wood - Callaway X Hot
        4 Hybrid - Taylormade R15
        Irons - Taylormade 2017 P790 5-PW
        Wedge - 52 Raw Jaws/56 MD 2 tour grind
        Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Comment

Played Station Creek South earlier this year. Usually struggle with the last 2 holes (17 = par 5 with gorge in the middle, 18 = demanding par 4 blind tee shot and long 2nd over a pond), going double bogey or worse. My last round there I finished with 4 straight pars including my 2 nemesis holes. I kinda never wanna play at that course again so I can end on that note ; )

Comment

Bradford Highlands 1st hole, just can't get inside 150 from the whites, finally smartened up and moved to the greens but still can be tough.

Comment

Originally posted by blackhawk View Post
              Played Station Creek South earlier this year. Usually struggle with the last 2 holes (17 = par 5 with gorge in the middle, 18 = demanding par 4 blind tee shot and long 2nd over a pond), going double bogey or worse. My last round there I finished with 4 straight pars including my 2 nemesis holes. I kinda never wanna play at that course again so I can end on that note ; )
              Those two holes are very tough and a great finisher, 15 and 16 aren't exactly easy. Lots of rounds can fall apart on that final stretch! While 15 and 16 aren't super difficult, visually those two holes are quite challenging mentally. I'd probably retire from playing there as well if I were you! Good job!

Comment

Originally posted by Netz View Post
                Bradford Highlands 1st hole, just can't get inside 150 from the whites, finally smartened up and moved to the greens but still can be tough.
                Yeah, if you drive it right, yer f*****d - and it never seems to bounce left or middle
                Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Lakeview #5 - seems like a simple Par 5 - but landing on the green for the 3rd shot is near impossible - usually end up taking a 7!
                  Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

#11 at Hornby 200 yard par 3 ( from the Blues) . OB left penalty right.

Usually very happy with a 4 here . But last time there hit a nice 3 hyb to about 7 feet and made the putt for a 2!!

Comment

Doon Valley in Kitchener has a 9-hole layout with two tougher par fours and I'm usually pretty happy to come away with a bogey on both.
                      Hole 5 is a 370-yard dogleg left from the whites. Peel your drive a bit to the right and you're in the trees looking at a punchout.
                      Hole 7 is a 370-yard dogleg right. Unless you can fade it around the trees (on demand), you're looking at 180 to 200 yards for your second shot.
                      Back in July I managed to par both holes (actually the last five holes) en route to shooting a 39. Very satisfying.

Comment

Kingโ€™s Riding #6. Just thinking about it makes me shake.
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	AC33E241-664F-43E0-9930-23DF7AB08527.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	757.4 KB ID:	3039192
                        Last edited by WhiteWalker; Sep 17, 2019, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Tarandowah hole 1 par 4...shouldn't be that hard but it has killed me this year. Fescue left fescue right, a lot of it has to do with not taking the time to warm up most rounds. I've hit everything off the tee, driver hybrid iron and I almost always yank it into the left fescue.

Had an 8 a handful of triples a ton of doubles some bogeys and very few pars. Even when I've bombed one down thw middle I've almost always found a way to screw it up. Fly the green hit a bunker hit the green and roll off the back. It's been terrible and is so in my head.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteWalker View Post
                            Kingโ€™s Riding #6. Just thinking about makes me shake.
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	AC33E241-664F-43E0-9930-23DF7AB08527.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	757.4 KB ID:	3039192
                            Oh my gosh.... I never play that hole well I think only once or twice out of so many times I have parred or better. Regularly take 7 before getting out of tee box LoL. Definitely score killer hole for me at KR.

Comment

Originally posted by elmeroil View Post
                              Tarandowah hole 1 par 4...shouldn't be that hard but it has killed me this year. Fescue left fescue right, a lot of it has to do with not taking the time to warm up most rounds. I've hit everything off the tee, driver hybrid iron and I almost always yank it into the left fescue.
                              I often wonder what to hit on #1 at Tarandowah. Usually it is never Driver, but my thinking may be changing to bomb and then gouge it from the rough / fescue. Long and crooked is better than short and crooked on that hole. Take my bogey and move on.

I also don't like the tee shot on #1 at Mystic. I always hit Hybrid but I can be reckless with the first swing of the day -> usually a leaker to the right and OB ( meaning a Breakfast Ball )
                              ๐Ÿ 2023 WITB ๐Ÿโ€‹
                              Bag | Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
                              Titleist TSi2 10* | Miyazaki Kusala Black 61x or UST LIN-Q White M40X 6F3
                              Titleist TSR3 18* Fairway | Evenflow White 60Sโ€‹
                              Titleist TSR1 20* Hybrid | Evenflow White 90S
                              Edel SMS Pro 5-PW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
                              Edel SMS GW & LW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
                              โ€‹
                              Putter | Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock gripโ€‹
                              Grips | All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X