Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crazy Coincidences and Unbelievable Events - in your own games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy Coincidences and Unbelievable Events - in your own games

CRAZY PUTTS
    When I was a member at Mandarin there was a pin position on the front left on #16 (P3 - 150yds) that was extremely risky - so one time before an event I decided to practice a back right putt - that was the safe bail out.... It was easily 40 feet. I hit the first one.... plop..... The odds of that are like 10,000 to one.... Then I hit the other one.... plop..... I have no idea what the odds of doing it twice are... Gotta be a lot... Tour pros start missing 50% of putts over 8 feet.

Years ago I made a 50-footer on #8 at Forest City National, then on #9 I had another 50-foot putt---my playing partner said he would kiss me (?) if I made it - still waiting on that kiss!
    Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post
      Years ago I made a 50-footer on #8 at Forest City National, then on #9 I had another 50-foot putt---my playing partner said he would kiss me (?) if I made it - still waiting on that kiss!
      He likely moved out of the country.

Last year I shot my first sub par round in over a decade on on back nine at my course ( only played 9) sank an unlikely right to left, 50/60 footer from the bottom tier to top tier on 18 to do it....could never make that again with a garbage pail of balls.

Tuesday, I lipped out , caught edges on 4/5 putts inside 20 feet and none dropped but sank two longg ones from off the green ....stupid game
      Last edited by Weirfan; Sep 26, 2019, 09:50 AM.
      "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Tam O Shanter, circa 1992. 2 eagles on the same par 4 (#5 IIRC, uphill after the dogleg hole) almost exactly a year apart. Same pin position, hit the same iron into the green.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post
          What are the odds

Comment

3rd hole of King's Riding. Hit a crap drive left, ended up in the fescue protecting the water hazard. Took my medicine and just chipped it out of there barely advancing it. Approach shot makes the green, but on the front with a back pin. Couldn't tell you exact footage, but it was 21 paces. Plumbobbed to just get a general sense and took a whack at it. Couldn't believe it went in! Dad was pissed, stomped off to the clubhouse to grab some drinks to cool off!

Comment

I'm the only guy I know who parred a par five only actually being on the hole on the tee and on the green.

#10 at Mandarin / Upper Unionville

Huge slice off tee to #14 Rough.
              Pulled hybrid to #6 Rough
              Killed 3 wood pin high to left of green
              100 foot high 60 degree over towering trees
              Tap in
              My playing partner and buddy Went said "Frenchie's never out of a hole..."

Comment

Originally posted by LauzGolfer View Post
                3rd hole of King's Riding. Hit a crap drive left, ended up in the fescue protecting the water hazard. Took my medicine and just chipped it out of there barely advancing it. Approach shot makes the green, but on the front with a back pin. Couldn't tell you exact footage, but it was 21 paces. Plumbobbed to just get a general sense and took a whack at it. Couldn't believe it went in! Dad was pissed, stomped off to the clubhouse to grab some drinks to cool off!
                Know that green well and that’s one heckuva putt.
                You’d have been lucky to get it close.

Had our member event a couple of weeks ago at King’s Riding...we’re playing a net shamble.
                Hole 2...tee shot to back left of green in rough. Front pin. 40’ chip and it drops for net 1.
                Hole 7...pull my drive into the hazard on left of fairway. Find ball and knock it laterally onto fairway...next shot is a pull to left of green in rough but stays out of hazard...20’ chip in to save par.
                Back nine we are playing true alternate shot.
                Hole 10...par 5 and I am on very front of green laying 3...50’ putt to a back left pin and it drops for net eagle.
                Crazy game.
                Driver - Cobra F7
                Fwy Metals - TM M2 3+5
                Hybrids - TM SLDR 4+5
                Irons - TM M4 6-AW
                Wedges - King Cobra 54+58
                Putter - Scotty GoLo5r

PAEUNGOO NAEMSAE

Comment

Earlier this season,

Had the privilege of playing Wyndance golf course. Was able to somehow birdie each of the par 5's. Never have I played all par 5s on any course at -4

Comment

Last week I Par'd the 5 Par 3's at Vic East in Guelph ( 2 Birdies, 3 Pars ) ... never did that before AFAIK.

Also, 8 or so years ago at New Dundee, my pal and I teed off on the #11 Par 5. He ended up on the left side of the fairway , and I was up maybe 20-25 yards ahead on the the right side fairway. Neither of us was paying attention to the other guy, and we both hit our 2nd shots unbeknown to the other guy. We both swung at the same time and our 2nd shots collided mid-air. What are the chances of doing that ?!?!??
                    Last edited by ARL67; Sep 28, 2019, 08:34 AM.
                    WITB: Sun Mountain 4.5LS
                    Titleist TS3 10.5 with Evenflow T1100 White 65 Stiff
                    Titleist TS2 19H with Evenflow White 90 Stiff

Titleist 818 H1 21 & 23 with Accra FX300H Stiff
                    Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi 5i & 6i with Steelfiber i110cw X-Stiff
                    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 7-PW with Steelfiber i110cw X-Stiff
                    Mizuno JPX-900F 50* with Steelfiber i110cw X-Stiff
                    Cleveland RTX 54* & 58 Mid with Steelfiber i110cw X-Stiff
                    Seemore Platinum M7 Tour with SS Pistol Grip

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteWalker View Post

Know that green well and that’s one heckuva putt.
                      You’d have been lucky to get it close.

Had our member event a couple of weeks ago at King’s Riding...we’re playing a net shamble.
                      Hole 2...tee shot to back left of green in rough. Front pin. 40’ chip and it drops for net 1.
                      Hole 7...pull my drive into the hazard on left of fairway. Find ball and knock it laterally onto fairway...next shot is a pull to left of green in rough but stays out of hazard...20’ chip in to save par.
                      Back nine we are playing true alternate shot.
                      Hole 10...par 5 and I am on very front of green laying 3...50’ putt to a back left pin and it drops for net eagle.
                      Crazy game.
                      Thanks WhiteWalker, coming from you, I now feel even prouder of myself! LOL

Comment

Another time . . . . I toed one hard and low into the woods and whack it rebounded back to within 3 feet of my divot... Now the physics of that gotta be crazy

Comment

Last Thursday at Diamondback a buddy of mine outdrove me by about 70 yards, although both balls were in the fairway. It was a par-5, so I used a 3-wood for my second shot.

My second shot wasn't much better than my tee shot. Hit a low screamer that hit my buddy's ball squarely.

What are the odds of hitting a fairway club so that it runs along the ground for 70 yards hitting an object less that 2" in diameter?
                          Sage of the GTA...

Comment

I witnessed a similar scenario.

Par 3 170ish almost an island green and the first guy sticks one to about ten feet. The second guy hits his ball to the exact same spot and one of the balls shoots into the river while the other stops in place.

Turns out it was the first ball that shot into the river and they both got to play from essentially the same spot.

Comment

I’ve played at Kings Riding with a member on three occasions. He has two holes in one...I’ve seen both...the first on Hole 12 and the second on Hole 5.
                              Driver - Cobra F7
                              Fwy Metals - TM M2 3+5
                              Hybrids - TM SLDR 4+5
                              Irons - TM M4 6-AW
                              Wedges - King Cobra 54+58
                              Putter - Scotty GoLo5r

PAEUNGOO NAEMSAE

Comment

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Collapse

Topics: 174,138   Posts: 1,822,407   Members: 47,197   Active Members: 177
                              Welcome to our newest member, ShuckerPaddy.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

Working...
                              X