Collapse

Never had this happen before

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never had this happen before

Yesterday we had just finished the 17th hole at Upper Unionville and were just sitting in the cart about to proceed the 50 feet towards the 18th tee box when a loud boom hit the cart and the side of my face. Initially I had no idea what had just happened but the sting from that ball was incredibly painful. When I realized what happened I looked back at the 17th fairway and the guy who hit the ball was more than 170 out. naturally I yelled at the top of my lungs something about yelling FORE!!!

When the group came up to the green, of course they said that he yelled fore and I was not in the mood to argue with them, but if you hit a golf ball and clearly see it heading towards a group of golfers you don't yell fore so that your group can hear it and anyone within 50 feet....You yell FORE at the top of your lungs.
    Having said that I am not sure if I had heard a FORE, if much would have changed...possibly I would have crouched and got it in the eye...who knows...In any case I was lucky as all I have is a bit of a swollen cheek and a red mark which hopefully goes away in a few days.

Don't Drink & DRive...Don't Even Putt

That’s brutal. That spot is a danger zone.

Comment

I yell and hope my entire group also yells FORE.

Comment

not waiting and hitting while the group ahead is only 170 yards away is insane
        things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Hope you are OK and it heals quickly.
          Note to Self, how to avoid getting hit near a green.
          Get in cart and move away.
          Always do the score card at the next Tee.
          Improves your safety and POP.
          Just saying.
          Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

170 yards out while you are still there....... Hope the wound heels quickly!
            If I hit a wayward shot, I always yell fore so that everyone can hear me. But, I always clear the green area as soon as I finish a hole. You never know who or what may be coming your way.
            No good deed goes unpunished.
            A birdie is usually followed by

Comment

Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post
              Just saying.
              WE had just got in the cart, we were not sitting around chatting....If you know the 17th hole at that course, the cart path is a good 40 yards from the green very close to the 18th tee box.

Comment

Glad you weren't seriously hurt.

unfortunately, sometimes people get impatient waiting in the fairway for groups to move on.

40 yards offline is a terrible shot with an approach, but no matter how good a player is, they can hit an errant shot , so just wait a couple more seconds for them to drive off.

"Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

There's no denying the fact that a good loud 'Fore' would have been nice.
                  I really cannot imagine how that would have felt.
                  Unfortunately, in my experience, whenever people hear 'fore', the first reaction is to look to see where the yell is coming from. If that were the case, you may have taken that ball in a worse spot.
                  In my opinion, the real problem here is that the group behind you did not wait until you and your group were on your way and they were clear to proceed.
                  I'm not familiar with that course, but if the reason that the group behind you went ahead and hit is because they could not see you, then I would imagine that some sort of bell should be placed there so that the group ahead can ring it to advise that they are clear and the group on the tee are clear to swing away.
                  If they could see you, then that person who hit may just be a bonehead.

Comment

I just went on to google earth to look at the hole and where you park the cart is actually also the 18th tee box so basically we did not even have to move any farther than where we were. here is an overhead you can see the 17 green and the 18th tee box

Comment

Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post
                      Just saying.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Capt Obv.PNG
Views:	237
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	3045316
                      Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	tee.jpg
Views:	152