Collapse

Serendipity in Sarasota

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serendipity in Sarasota

Driving south on i75 in Florida and found myself in must exit lane into Sarasota, with too much traffic to avoid exiting. OK, will just have to re-route and get back on....but wait a minute, what’s that store at the exit? Why...it’s a PGA Store. Wow, could hardly have believed my luck, so I pulled in.

First time ever in one. It was amazing, the size, and variety of stock was incredible. Died and gone to heaven. Unfortunately I needed to be at our destination soon and could only browse. There was nothing that I “really” needed, but did check out some putters and shoes. I did not purchase anything but noted the prices on the stuff I looked at were not exactly “bargain bin”.

Anyway, a few days later ended up at a mall and was thoroughly bored until I came across a PGA clothing section in a Beals store. Major sale....40% off on shorts and short sleeve tops. So I picked up two tops and a pair of shorts. While in line a woman ahead of me gave me a coupon for an additional 40% discount, on top of the sale price. Wowza. And when that was all added up, I got an additional seniors discount. All told I paid just under $40.00 US for the 3 items tagged at $60.00 each.

And, I need to drive by the PGA store on the way back too.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

look for a Steinmart when they have a red dot sale. You will realize you over paid lol
    Canada
    Callaway Epic GBB Accra F 260 M3
    Titleist TS2 16.5*
    Taylormade Rescue 22*
    4-PW Callaway Apex CF16 Accra 90i
    52* Clevland RTX 4.0
    56* Cleveland RTX 4.0
    Scotty Circa 62 # 7 35”

Florida
    Cobra F6
    R7 15*
    Nicket Ironwood 3 Hybrid 20*
    Srixon Z565 4-G Project X LZ 5.5
    Vokey 56* 60*
    Pyramid 34 “

Comment

Originally posted by Fore Warned View Post
      Driving south on i75 in Florida and found myself in must exit lane into Sarasota, with too much traffic to avoid exiting. OK, will just have to re-route and get back on....but wait a minute, what’s that store at the exit? Why...it’s a PGA Store. Wow, could hardly have believed my luck, so I pulled in.

First time ever in one. It was amazing, the size, and variety of stock was incredible. Died and gone to heaven. Unfortunately I needed to be at our destination soon and could only browse. There was nothing that I “really” needed, but did check out some putters and shoes. I did not purchase anything but noted the prices on the stuff I looked at were not exactly “bargain bin”.

Anyway, a few days later ended up at a mall and was thoroughly bored until I came across a PGA clothing section in a Beals store. Major sale....40% off on shorts and short sleeve tops. So I picked up two tops and a pair of shorts. While in line a woman ahead of me gave me a coupon for an additional 40% discount, on top of the sale price. Wowza. And when that was all added up, I got an additional seniors discount. All told I paid just under $40.00 US for the 3 items tagged at $60.00 each.

And, I need to drive by the PGA store on the way back too.

That is one good deal, even with the exchange!

The first PGA store I had ever been to was in Palm Springs, CA. Same experience you had. Real big, lots to look at, but PGA pricing...lol

Comment

Sweet story. It's always nice saving cash like that.

Comment

PGA section in Beals? Amazing. Great find. In general I never buy anything in the PGA Store proper given the prices a wee bit on the high side. I wondered into a Maui golf store yesterday and the prices for used clubs was insane. Nice to know nothing changed from two years ago and my last visit.

Comment

Originally posted by nomullies View Post
            PGA section in Beals? Amazing. Great find. In general I never buy anything in the PGA Store proper given the prices a wee bit on the high side. I wondered into a Maui golf store yesterday and the prices for used clubs was insane. Nice to know nothing changed from two years ago and my last visit.
            To clarify they have a PGA clothing section like you find in a number of airports including Tampa Andy Sarasota. Carry PGA clothing line only. Prices are okay but I find better variety and quality at Steinmart especially if you hit their red dot sale.
            Canada
            Callaway Epic GBB Accra F 260 M3
            Titleist TS2 16.5*
            Taylormade Rescue 22*
            4-PW Callaway Apex CF16 Accra 90i
            52* Clevland RTX 4.0
            56* Cleveland RTX 4.0
            Scotty Circa 62 # 7 35”

Florida
            Cobra F6
            R7 15*
            Nicket Ironwood 3 Hybrid 20*
            Srixon Z565 4-G Project X LZ 5.5
            Vokey 56* 60*
            Pyramid 34 “

Comment

Originally posted by nomullies View Post
              And.....there was a PGA Tour shop at the Tampa airport, where a huge selection of PGA brand golf shirts were on sale for $19.00 US. Never thought I would come across sale items like that at an airport.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
              X