/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

GOLF ELBOW!!

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ping1-a View Post
    What cured it for me...
    1)rest! Don't touch a club for 2-3 months and never hit a ball off a mat again.
    2)strengthen. After the 2-3 months rest start to strengthen using exercise bands. Do all the arm and shoulder exercises.
    3)switch to graphite shafts so it doesn't come back.
    I had it for years. Would disappear in the winter and reappear in the spring. It was painful, affected my sleep, what I could do around the house and my game. I took painkillers, applied all sorts of ointments and have a drawer full of golf elbow straps and bands.

I switched to graphite shafts three years ago and have not had a hint of it since - nada. I have almost forgotten I ever had it. Am now playing about 150 rounds per year.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

I'm not a doctor, I was simply stating what worked for me and I had it pretty bad. At one point I could barely grip anything with my right hand.
      Nor am I, and I completely agree that for some, a complete break away from touching a club is likley the right thing to do. Perhaps I wasn't as far gone? It hurt like hell, but I could certainly still 'grip' things...

We'll never know, but likely in every situation regarding the human body, it's not the same for anyone...
      Taylormade M1 460 Driver 9.5D (Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 TS) (8.75D)
      Taylormade M1 3 Metal 15.0D (Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 TS) (16.5D)
      Taylormade PSI Irons (KBS C-Taper 105 S) (3-PW)
      Taylormade TP EF Satin Chrome Wedges (KBS Tour Wedge) (52D/56D/60D)
      Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals/Irons)
      Taylormade Spider Tour Black 34" (20G Weights)
      SuperStroke CounterCore Pistol GT 2.0
      Taylormade Supreme Cart Bag
      Clicgear 3.5+ Push Cart
      SkyCaddie TOUCH

Comment

Originally posted by Fore Warned View Post

I had it for years. Would disappear in the winter and reappear in the spring. It was painful, affected my sleep, what I could do around the house and my game. I took painkillers, applied all sorts of ointments and have a drawer full of golf elbow straps and bands.

I switched to graphite shafts three years ago and have not had a hint of it since - nada. I have almost forgotten I ever had it. Am now playing about 150 rounds per year.
        Fascinating that the shafts could make that much difference, but I've heard this from others...

The shaft is the conduit between the impact of the head and the grip so there seems to be some logic to it for sure. Would have to imagine even going from 'stiff' KBS metal shafts (which I play) to 'regular' could even make a difference.

Thanks.
        Clicgear 3.5+ Push Cart
        SkyCaddie TOUCH

Comment

Originally posted by tarrantian View Post

Fascinating that the shafts could make that much difference, but I've heard this from others...

The shaft is the conduit between the impact of the head and the grip so there seems to be some logic to it for sure. Would have to imagine even going from 'stiff' KBS metal shafts (which I play) to 'regular' could even make a difference.

Thanks.
          I can't comment on that, except to say that I have not heard of going to a less stiff metal shaft helping rid golf elbow. Maybe there is information on that somewhere? There are however lots of really solid testimonials attesting to the benefits of graphite shafts for ridding of golf elbow.

I for one would be disappointed if switching out the clubs in my bag, and going to the trouble and expense of a reduced flex metal shaft to lessen golf elbow, left me with the same condition.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

I swing kbs c-taper 120 no issue. But I have another set in the normal kbs tour stiff and I noticed nagging pain in my right elbow. So I never use that set. Anecdotally shafts do make a difference, even from steel to steel.

Originally posted by tarrantian View Post

Thanks.

Comment

This should be taken very seriously. I developed tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis) in my right arm this past summer. I kept playing through the pain figuring it would go away on its own. It got so bad I couldn't even pick up a club with my right arm, I had to use both hands just to pick up a club. I went to my physio and she said it was probably nerve related - none of the exercises helped. So I went to my doctor, she sent me for an ultrasound and sure enough I had a torn tendon. I didn't touch a club pretty much from mid August to the end of Oct. Not playing definitely helped, so did the Theraband flexbar (red). Although I have regained most of the strength in my forearm, I still feel pain. I'm going to continue with the flexbar for the next couple of months and hope I can play again this summer...
              Last edited by spas1; Jan 12, 2021, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by spas1 View Post
                This should be taken very seriously. I developed tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis) in my right arm this past summer. I kept playing through the pain figuring it would go away on its own. It got so bad I couldn't even pick up a club with my right arm, I had to use both hands just to pick up a club. I went to my physio and she said it was probably nerve related - none of the exercises helped. So I went to my doctor, she sent me for an extra and sure enough I had a torn tendon. I didn't touch a club pretty much from mid August to the end of Oct. Not playing definitely helped, so did the Theraband flexbar (red). Although I have regained most of the strength in my forearm, I still feel pain. I'm going to continue with the flexbar for the next couple of months and hope I can play again this summer...
                Good luck!
                Clicgear 3.5+ Push Cart
                SkyCaddie TOUCH

Comment

Originally posted by spas1 View Post
                  This should be taken very seriously. I developed tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis) in my right arm this past summer. I kept playing through the pain figuring it would go away on its own. It got so bad I couldn't even pick up a club with my right arm, I had to use both hands just to pick up a club. I went to my physio and she said it was probably nerve related - none of the exercises helped. So I went to my doctor, she sent me for an extra and sure enough I had a torn tendon. I didn't touch a club pretty much from mid August to the end of Oct. Not playing definitely helped, so did the Theraband flexbar (red). Although I have regained most of the strength in my forearm, I still feel pain. I'm going to continue with the flexbar for the next couple of months and hope I can play again this summer...
                  It's no joke when it's bad, I've been there!
                  I was stubborn... mine got bad but I had a 4-week golf trip planned to Florida and then Myrtle. No way I was going to cancel. I think I played 24 rounds in 30 days and then I was really done in! I couldn't pick up a fork with my right hand. The strange thing was... it would hurt like hell, I would hit the range, start hitting balls, then as I played the round it would be tolerable... then half hour after I was done playing I was in a world of hurt. I'm not sure why it was semi-ok when I was playing, maybe the mind was just fighting through it.

Comment

I had it a few years ago and like everyone else here horrible pain. Lucky enough I have medical coverage for Physio and that was the best 4 months (1 day a week) I ever spent. At one point I couldnt lift a coffee cup. Took a long 4 months, but healed great and never looked back. Lots of different excerise the physio gave me, that sure maybe I could have googled as well. I would say if you have coverage of any sort, off season is the obvious best time to get healed

Good luck

Comment

It's no joke when it's bad, I've been there!
                      I was stubborn... mine got bad but I had a 4-week golf trip planned to Florida and then Myrtle. No way I was going to cancel. I think I played 24 rounds in 30 days and then I was really done in! I couldn't pick up a fork with my right hand. The strange thing was... it would hurt like hell, I would hit the range, start hitting balls, then as I played the round it would be tolerable... then half hour after I was done playing I was in a world of hurt. I'm not sure why it was semi-ok when I was playing, maybe the mind was just fighting through it.
                      This is exactly what I experienced too. When I started playing the pain was tolerable, however, when I stopped it hurt like hell.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
                      X