No announcement yet.
Collapse

GOLF ELBOW!!

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you all for the responses - The best golf forum out there, and all great advice!!

Interesting in that it was hurting quite a bit yesterday AM after a good long sleep, tried to rest but had way too much to do and decided to put a neoprene sleeve on the more I worked it, the better it felt until by the end of the day I had full mobility without pain (WEIRD!!)...

It was tender again this AM, went to my RMT and she confirmed light physio is actually better that 'too long' periods of keeping it still - A fine line of balance of course. She worked it really hard as well, pain and pleasure as always, but broke up the tissue really well (She's awesome).

She said I may be swollen and icing would be best. I have my first indoor sim league round Wed. so I'm going to attempt it with elbow tensor just below the pain point as recommended.

We'll see, but made some progress today.

Cheers,

- Ian
    TM Qi10 Ruby Red 460 Driver 9.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
    TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Fairway 15.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
    TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Hybrid 19.5D (Fujikura Vista Pro HB 70S)
    TM Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
    TM My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters
    * (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride TM Pistol
    TM My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
    TM Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red)
    TM TP5 Golf Ball
    Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
    SkyCaddie SX550 GPS
    Bushnell ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

(*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)

Comment

I've had the tennis elbow version all year. There is a thread on it. As mentioned above the theraband really helped me.

Comment

I have had it bad for about 5 years now. It got to the point where I needed 2 hands to lift a pint of beer! That was when I knew I was in trouble
        I switched to graphite shafts a long time ago. I did buy new clubs and need to get them re gripped over the winter. I found the bigger grips really helped. Medium for me seem to be perfect.

I use a brace. And I extend the use of the brace for yard work or physical projects etc, it seems to really help
        The other thing I worked on was using / turning my shoulders instead of arms. Miraculous results. Not only does my elbow not hurt, but there is even the occasional good shot

Comment

Voodoo floss helps sometimes.

Comment

Deep hard massage was the only thing that helped me. Also found I slept on my arm some nights and it irritated it. Good luck

Comment

Thanks Jake - As I said earlier, my RMT really worked it and I have regular appointments. It helped, a bit sore today but much better...

I've booked a few more apps with her and will start a stretching/strengthing regime ASAP.

- Ian
              TM Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
              TM My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
              TM TP5 Golf Ball
              Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
              SkyCaddie SX550 GPS

Comment

Ian

I’ve had the occasional golf elbow pain and other aches over the years and I’ve had really good results from a home ultrasound machine. I feel immediate relief and it can be used a few times a day. They are surprisingly reasonably priced and easy to use at home. I got one from Costco online but they don’t sell them anymore. I found a very similar one, attached below. Also icing in conjunction with the ultrasound heat works well. Good luck.

Comment

I've had two massages, ultrasound, and regular use of the theraband and it's made huge improvements over the last two weeks. I've played a few rounds in there and got in lots of drum practice (which also hurts) but with the stretching and strengthening from the band it's really improved quickly. Full credit to TGN for turning me onto the theraband in another golfers elbow thread.
                  Bag: PING Hoofer Camo / Moonlite Floral
                  Driver: TM SIM2 MAX @ 10.5*
                  Wood: TM SIM2 MAX @ 15*
                  Hybrids: TM SIM2 22*
                  Irons: Wishon Sterling SL 6-SW
                  Wedge: KZG Forged TRS Grind 60*
                  Putter: SGC WB Northwood
                  Lovingly built by: Dan's Custom Golf

Comment

Originally posted by Another 9 View Post
                    Ian

I’ve had the occasional golf elbow pain and other aches over the years and I’ve had really good results from a home ultrasound machine. I feel immediate relief and it can be used a few times a day. They are surprisingly reasonably priced and easy to use at home. I got one from Costco online but they don’t sell them anymore. I found a very similar one, attached below. Also icing in conjunction with the ultrasound heat works well. Good luck.

Was talking to my wife about this, and she replies, oh, I bought one with Optimum (Shoppers), called Dr Ho's Pain Therapy system:

Why she didn't tell me until now who knows...

It's charging as we speak.

Thanks so much!!

- Ian
                    TM TP5 Golf Ball
                    Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
                    SkyCaddie SX550 GPS

Comment

Originally posted by jburns View Post
                      I've had two massages, ultrasound, and regular use of the theraband and it's made huge improvements over the last two weeks. I've played a few rounds in there and got in lots of drum practice (which also hurts) but with the stretching and strengthening from the band it's really improved quickly. Full credit to TGN for turning me onto the theraband in another golfers elbow thread.
                      Thanks - I believe therapy will improve this...

I started my Wed. Indoor Sim League last night and wore a neoprene band just below the elbow and it wasn't perfect but 'okay' and I bounced back pretty good today. I'm likely going for another massage next week, start 'home' ultrasound and begin to strengthen with a another therapy band I have...

Appreciate all the help guys!!

- Ian
                      TM TP5 Golf Ball
                      Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
                      SkyCaddie SX550 GPS

Comment

Originally posted by tarrantian View Post

Was talking to my wife about this, and she replies, oh, I bought one with Optimum (Shoppers), called Dr Ho's Pain Therapy system:

Why she didn't tell me until now who knows...

It's charging as we speak.

Thanks so much!!

- Ian
                        They are 2 quite different systems. The Dr. Ho is a Tens machine that uses electric current to stimulate the nervous system to activate the muscles. I’m not at all educated in health care so I may be completely off base but I have a Tens machine and it’s really cool for certain issues but for tendonitis it may actually overuse the muscle/tendon, making it worse. The ultrasound is much more passive and uses ultrasonic frequency to stimulate and promote healing/circulation in the tissue.

Comment

Originally posted by Another 9 View Post

They are 2 quite different systems. The Dr. Ho is a Tens machine that uses electric current to stimulate the nervous system to activate the muscles. I’m not at all educated in health care so I may be completely off base but I have a Tens machine and it’s really cool for certain issues but for tendonitis it may actually overuse the muscle/tendon, making it worse. The ultrasound is much more passive and uses ultrasonic frequency to stimulate and promote healing/circulation in the tissue.
                          She had never opened the box for this (Funny, she picked it up months ago for her back but never used it)...

There is a guide and it specifically states the solution will help for Golfers Elbow (Once again, I'm laughing that she never mentioned she bought this thing). I'm going to try and we'll see what happens!!
                          TM TP5 Golf Ball
                          Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
                          SkyCaddie SX550 GPS

Comment

Good luck and keep us posted!

Comment

As I have posted before ,pm me for my massage therapist contact info.She is in Bowmanville .
                              In about than 5 treatments it WILL be gone.
                              It took me 7 therapists to find her and I'm glad I did.

Comment

Thanks Steveoooo.

Just did my first home ‘Tens’ electrical treatment LOL...

Weird as hell, as my arm was twitching and jumping but it’s supposed to work (supposed to do the therapy for 3 x 20 min sessions per day).

We’ll see!!
                                TM TP5 Golf Ball
                                Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
                                SkyCaddie SX550 GPS

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X