Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Used Shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used Shoes

Not sure if itís just me but I couldnít imagine buying a used pair of golf shoes. Or any shoes for that matter. Anyone else feel the same way?

I agree completely. There are lots of good deals when buying used golf items. Shoes are not one of those items for me.

Comment

I used to buy used cycling shoes at bicycle swaps, one size larger than my regular shoe size so I could stuff more socks into them for winter cycling.

Ski swaps were always a good place to get used cross country skis and boots. Good place to pick up last yearís equipment at a good price.

Same with skates.

Golf shoes? Not something I have considered.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

I'm with the OP, I would never consider buying used golf shoes; or any shoes for that matter.

Comment

If i couldnt afford new shoes and need shoes i would consider it. Not everyone can afford new things.

Comment

Originally posted by AdiosAmigo View Post
            If i couldnt afford new shoes and need shoes i would consider it. Not everyone can afford new things.
            Thatís fair, and I agree in those circumstances. I wasnít trying to come off as ungrateful to be able to buy new shoes. It was also about even considering selling my old shoes. I would donate before actually trying to sell my used shoes.

Comment

Sure, but we are talking about used golf shoes being sold on a golf forum.
              if you cant afford new shoes , then you should probably not be playing golf which is an expensive game. I am sure that everybody here can afford new shoes and are not in a desperate situation for footwear.

Yes, there are many people in the world who would love a good pair of used shoes....when I was a young kid I got a new pair of running shoes for Christmas, they had to last until the next Christmas when I got a new ones....i'm sure that I wore used shoes handed down in that time...thankfully that only lasted 4/5 years.
              "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

Sure, but we are talking about used golf shoes being sold on a golf forum.
                if you cant afford new shoes , then you should probably not be playing golf which is an expensive game. I am sure that everybody here can afford new shoes and are not in a desperate situation for footwear.

Yes, there are many people in the world who would love a good pair of used shoes....when I was a young kid I got a new pair of running shoes for Christmas, they had to last until the next Christmas when I got a new ones....i'm sure that I wore used shoes handed down in that time...thankfully that only lasted 4/5 years.
                Wow. The second half of your post is informative and relatable. The first half though is ignorant and should be laughed at. Golf doesnt have to be expensive it costs alot to those who want to play the better courses and have newer equipment. Keep those smelly poor people away!!!! Yuk!

Comment

If Scotty Cameron sold shoes maybe I would consider a used pair...
                  Cobra L5V- Nunchuk shaft
                  Ping Rapture V2 4W
                  Adams Idea Pro 2H
                  Accuform PTM
                  SC Red X

Comment

I would definitely draw the line on a box of used condoms, golf logo or not.
                    Things change.

Cobra Fly Z+ ProjectX Handcrafted 50LZ
                    Cal Steelhead 3,5 RCH99firm
                    Cleve Halo 19*hybrid s300
                    Cleve TA3 4-Pw TTX100
                    Cleve 53,57 s300
                    Cal Tuttle

Comment

Wow. The second half of your post is informative and relatable. The first half though is ignorant and should be laughed at. Golf doesnt have to be expensive it costs alot to those who want to play the better courses and have newer equipment. Keep those smelly poor people away!!!! Yuk!
                      In my eyes...I didn't view the 1st half as ignorant.

Yes, with twilight, GolfNow and some coupons...yes there can be some cheaper green fees to be found and one can find some good deals on used clubs on-line, Kiijij, Craigslist, etc.
                      The majority of my rds are under $30 at some pretty nice/ok courses...some of these courses are in the suburb....100 km rd trip......gas is expensive here.....I'm a frequent golfer and with fees and gas...spending still $3,000+ to golf and some people might think that is expensive even with my cheap green fees.

Comment

moons ago I regularly haunted a nearby Play it Again, which is basically a recycle station for sports equipment.
                        This time of year Skates would be the #1 item seller there, along with pants and pads and helmets all things that get pretty close to your skin.

the horror the horror

does anyone here rip the golf grips off previously enjoyed clubs, for health reasons?
                        or do you just " Lysol me" this?
                        Last edited by bl8d; Nov 11, 2019, 11:21 AM.
                        Things change.

Cobra Fly Z+ ProjectX Handcrafted 50LZ
                        Cal Steelhead 3,5 RCH99firm
                        Cleve Halo 19*hybrid s300
                        Cleve TA3 4-Pw TTX100
                        Cleve 53,57 s300
                        Cal Tuttle

Comment

Long before Play it Again got started, my family and most of my friends' families would go to the "Ex-Toggery" store for stuff. At an age where footwear would only fit for one year, it made sense. Everybody got their skates or ski boots there.

However...... as an adult I'm hardly fastidious or germaphobic (I've spent more than a whole year sleeping in tents) but I draw the line at footwear.

Of course I've just realized I bought two pairs of XC boots (and one was off rental!!!) and some bike shoes that were used. I wasn't sure I was going to commit to either sport and wanted to minimize the costs. I didn't do anything to sterilize them - I just wear socks....
                          "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                          ...Iggy

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post
                            Long before Play it Again got started, my family and most of my friends' families would go to the "Ex-Toggery" store for stuff.

When I did a University Coop Placement at what is now Hugh MacMillan Medical Centre , I was a poor student who only wore jeans and sweat pants. A male staffer suggested Ex-Toggery.....

I see that they are still going, might have to visit next time I'm in the area.
                            Last edited by Weirfan; Nov 11, 2019, 01:42 PM.
                            "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

When I did a University Coop Placement at what is now Hugh MacMillan Medical Centre , I was a poor student who only wore jeans and sweat pants. A male staffer suggested Ex-Toggery.....I bought a sports jacket, a couple shirts and pairs dress pants for pretty cheap. Bonus, there was $80 in one pocket of the jacket ( a windfall for me at the time) ....no I didn't return it....but would if that happened now

I see that they are still going, might have to visit next time I'm in the area.
                              I didn't realize they were still around. Funny thing is every spring I take my bicycle into the Gears store that's in the same shared building, and never noticed it! Will def take a look around next time I'm there.

Nice to score the $80 - I wouldn't have returned it either (at the time, not sure about now....)
                              "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                              ...Iggy

Comment

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Collapse

Topics: 173,543   Posts: 1,815,022   Members: 47,104   Active Members: 171
                              Welcome to our newest member, kaze1234ify.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

Working...
                              X