Collapse

Used Shoes

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post

I didn't realize they were still around. Funny thing is every spring I take my bicycle into the Gears store that's in the same shared building, and never noticed it! Will def take a look around next time I'm there.

Nice to score the $80 - I wouldn't have returned it either (at the time, not sure about now....)
    Extoggery is an upscale consignment clothing store specializing in current high-end brand-name clothing & accessories, including designer consignment Toronto.

I edited to drop the money part....figured I might get some heat for not returning it....the strange thing is I know of somebody else who found money in a coat from the same store.....it led me to thinking if this might be a gesture from a well off citizen ....donating clothing and tossing in a few bucks ? Or just a forgetful person.... This was in 1983 so a long time ago ...
    "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Ex-Toggery, a name I haven't heard since my mother and her sisters used to regularly visit that store. Will have to check it out.

Not as many Play It Again Sports stores around now in the GTA. Social media sites have hurt their business model.
      Still I visit at least quarterly, never know what you might find. Did get one of my ball gloves there. A nice DR trapper in mint condition.

As for used skates, I highly recommend them. Particularly for kids. They will outgrow their skates long before they wear out. And with top line new skates now retailing for over $900 new, used skates are almost a must have.

Also used to get used skis and ski boots for the kids. The same logic. They outgrow them before they outwear them.

If you are skittish, take out the laces, put them in your freezer for a week Then wipe them down. That will kill most germs and remove any residue from the previous owner.

Comment

I did buy a couple of excellent fj's on Kijiji. $130 shoes for $40 each. Turns out the seller's dad past away before he got a chance to use them so they were new. I suppose some would consider that morbid. The lady was quite happy someone would put them to good use. Also, some buy quality shoes they just don't work for their feet. Just sayin.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
        X