/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Can you practice chipping at a city park?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you practice chipping at a city park?

Has anyone done this? Is it specifically not allowed? I'm thinking of short chip shots that involve brushing the grass, no divots (at least intended).

Sorry, appears not. From the Toronto Municipal Code.....

TORONTO MUNICIPAL CODE CHAPTER 608, PARKS

608-18. Golf.
    A. While in a park, no person shall play or practise golf or strike a golf ball except on a golf course or in a designated area.

B. No person shall on a golf course located in a park:
    (1) Play or practise golf unless registered on that day as a player;
    (2) Hunt for or pick up any lost, misplaced or abandoned golf balls, except a person registered as a player or the player's caddy who is retrieving or attempting to retrieve golf balls lost by the registered player; or
    (3) Enter in or upon the playing area when the golf course is open unless the person is registered on that day as a player, or accompanying a player as a caddy.

https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/municode/1184_608.pdf

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

Its all for liability reasons. You don't want to lightly brush someone with a club or ball and then get a lawsuit or the city for an insane amount as they now "can't" work .

It's sad but lawyers (and I mean no disrespect as some of them are very honest) and abusers of the system are the ones who created the world we live in today.

Comment

I used to do so many of times while growing up with no issue. However I always used wiffle balls so they rarely travel far and mainly for 8/9 iron and wedges only. Never had any issue in the past and would always stop whenever I saw people entering/exiting/crossing through. I also would try and chip into a little net so maybe that would also give the impression im not trying to smash it across the park but only hitting 10-20 yard shots?

Comment

Hydro field brother.

Comment

school yard

Comment

How about working on bunker play at a public beach?

Of course with nobody close by.

Comment

Not in Hamilton.
                King Cobra F9 10.5* Tour, VA Composites Raijin 44 A
                Cobra F8 3-4 wood 13.5*, VA Composites Raijin 44 R
                Cobra F8 5 wood 17.5*, Tensei Blue A
                Mizuno CLK 22*, Speeder Evolution HB 75 S
                Yonex Super Renkin Tour 5-pw, stock S graphite
                Cobra MIM forged 50*, KBS Hi Rev 125 S

Ping Glide 1.0 ES 54.5*, CFS Wedge Flex
                Ping Eye 2+, 57.5*, KT S
                Super Stroke Midsize Grips, Red

Ping Pal TR, 35"

"Some day the courage of men may fail, but it will not be this day!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bobogo View Post
                  How about working on bunker play at a public beach?

Of course with nobody close by.
                  I have done this.

Comment

Originally posted by bogey5 View Post
                    school yard
                    Did that today. Chipped balls with PW, back and forth over 30 - 40 yard area, well away from any foot traffic, on a side of the school yard which abuts a cemetery. A few people walked through the area on a path crossing through the yard. Felt a bit conspicuous at first, but no one really paid any attention to me.

I could have done some 100 yard pitches, but that would have meant cranking shots over the path, which might have invited a response by passersby, if they saw what I was up to, even if I waited until they passed.

Bottom line, short game needs work - even managed to lose a ball.

Nice just to get out.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

Im sure parks love people tearing up their turf
                      "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

How about using a driver, tee, and foam ball? Can take a full swing/shot, and it's a foam ball so no one getting hurt. And you shouldn't be taking up any grass.

Comment

Originally posted by Noonie View Post
                          How about using a driver, tee, and foam ball? Can take a full swing/shot, and it's a foam ball so no one getting hurt. And you shouldn't be taking up any grass.
                          Cant see that being an issue...as long as the park is open
                          "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by cheonghm View Post
                            Has anyone done this? Is it specifically not allowed? I'm thinking of short chip shots that involve brushing the grass, no divots (at least intended).
                            I used to golf all the way to work and back through Sheridan Park in Mississauga. Since we moved to Oakville I've noticed there are signs now in every park "No Golfing".
                            Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.

Comment

I did the driver and foam balls yesterday. In a school yard. Aimed at the soccer nets, baseball diamond, park. No one there. I could tell when it was a decent shot, bad shot, but not the subtle differences. Ball goes maybe 40 yards. one time the three balls were within ten feet of each other. And the grass was left in place.

Comment

Collapse

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Topics: 175,897   Posts: 1,844,822   Members: 47,501   Active Members: 267
                              Welcome to our newest member, swqeas24125.
                              Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
                              X