Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

BREAKING NEWS - FORD DECLARES COURSES IN ONTARIO CLEAR TO PREPARE TO OPEN IN ONTARIO

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just can't believe we're finally here folks - Not a great spring, and figure I've missed 5-6 rounds (not so bad) and look forward to making it up...

I hereby declare I stop my political rantings and become the mild mannered golfer I was before ...
    Taylormade M1 460 Driver 9.5D (Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 TS) (8.75D)
    Taylormade M1 3 Metal 15.0D (Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 TS) (16.5D)
    Taylormade PSI Irons (KBS C-Taper 105 S) (3-PW)
    Taylormade TP EF Satin Chrome Wedges (KBS Tour Wedge) (52D/56D/60D)
    Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals/Irons)
    Taylormade Spider Tour Black 34" (20G Weights)
    SuperStroke CounterCore Pistol GT 2.0
    Taylormade Supreme Cart Bag
    Clicgear 3.5+ Push Cart
    SkyCaddie TOUCH

Comment

• It's no surprise tee sheets are sold out within minutes.
      The Vancouver muni's had/have tee sheets sold out for 2 weeks.....tomorrow will be nice and most tee sheets are sold out.
      Here in the Vancouver area...the courses were never mandated to close....many did voluntarily shutdown...but basically all courses are now open.

It should be the course's responsibility not the government's mandating and establishing all the guidelines how to operate properly during these challenging times....if not....then the course can expect a visit from a by-law officer to visit and decide if the course should be shutdown.

Courses here have tee times ranging from 9-15 minutes....I've played 10 times since Mar 26....the courses with 9 minute intervals....I have not seen any crowding issues....some course did a really good job mandating and setting up Covid 19 protocols.
      Surrey Golf Club has done a great job with signage, marshaling and barking orders from the pro shop over the intercom system just every 6-10 mins on physical distancing.

Burnaby Mountain has 15 minute intervals....they course looks absolutely dead.....groups are spread out 1 & 1/2 holes...they could easily go to 12 minutes.....maybe even 10 minute intervals.
      Burnaby and Riverway...both Burnaby muni's .....likely have the most green fees paid of any courses in Canada.

Supposedly, Northview has someone at the gate monitoring cars and holding them there and not allowing cars to advance to the parking lot until 20 minutes from the tee time.

Most golfers I've seen have been good....but it only takes 1 or 2 CLOWNS to shutdown a course...supposedly and group high fiving were told to leave the course at Redwoods.

Comment

• Originally posted by tarrantian View Post

Yep, but did it last night - Once again I become privy to an email that announced the online booking system would be up by midnight last night in anticipation of today's announcement...

Golfnorth has been at the forefront of this leading the 'lobby' right from the beginning, so when they announced the system was opening up, I figured it was assurred we had a 'go'.
        "Privy" ?
        I booked all my tee times for the next four weeks last Sunday lol

Comment

• From the Deerhurst Highlands webpage:

Golf Course 2020 Opening Update:
          While courses in Ontario are now being allowed to open, Deerhurst Resort’s golf courses will remain closed for a while longer. This delay has been caused by limited resources to properly prepare the courses during our resort closure, however the golf team is currently hard at work with the goal of reopening as early as possible but potentially not until mid or late June. Deerhurst Highlands will offer an 18-hole experience as usual this year, however, Deerhurst Lakeside will operate as an 9-hole course to allow resort guests expanded green space and outdoor enjoyment during a season of continued social distancing. Thank you for your continued patience and understanding and we hope to see you on course soon!

Comment

• I was watching CP24 this morning and they did a little bit about golf opening up today. They were at Detonia between a tee and the practice green. The camera panned over to the practice green and you could see 3 people practicing putting, right in front of the GREEN CLOSED sign! WTF is the matter with people? This is the behaviour that will close courses down again.

Comment

• Merry Christmas Ontario, I have a feeling we will hear a lot of rusty FOOOOORES today! Watch out for those mis hit golf balls out there
              Ping K15- 10.5 Driver
              Taylormade R11 15 Deg
              Titleist 910F- 21 Deg
              Callaway Razr- 24 Deg
              Titleist 913H- 27 Deg
              Callaway Diablo Edge Irons- 7-Gap
              Taylormade RBZ- 55 Deg Wedge
              Titleist Vokey- 60 Deg Wedge
              Ping Scottsdale Putter
              Sun Mountain Bag
              Home Course: Pine Knot London

Comment

• I’ve been a member at Huntsville Downs for the past 6 or 7 years, going out late aft or early eve and playing solo.

They decided not to open until June 1 and today put a note on their website advising that they’re not selling memberships this year.

I don’t know what I’m going to do now.

Comment

• Obviously not prepared, although warning was given (allowed to "get ready")?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdntac View Post
                    I’ve been a member at Huntsville Downs for the past 6 or 7 years, going out late aft or early eve and playing solo.

They decided not to open until June 1 and today put a note on their website advising that they’re not selling memberships this year.

I don’t know what I’m going to do now.
                    Ever thought of kicking the tires at Grandview? They had some unique options a few years back where you could be just a Grandview member (versus joining the rest of Clublink) which from my my recollection was a great deal.

Comment

• Doug, unfortunately some people think themselves more entitled than others, and they’re definitely more stupid than others.

Originally posted by AjaxGolf View Post
                      I was watching CP24 this morning and they did a little bit about golf opening up today. They were at Detonia between a tee and the practice green. The camera panned over to the practice green and you could see 3 people practicing putting, right in front of the GREEN CLOSED sign! WTF is the matter with people? This is the behaviour that will close courses down again.
                      This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

• Played with two guys today. Fine on the front nine. Then they bought some beer at the turn and slowly started to get careless. Getting closer while talking and forgetting the distancing. They were all set to shake hands at the end and I just tipped my hat - and it was clear they had forgotten all about the virus. I am not sure alcohol and following COVID protocols works for a lot of people.

Comment

• Originally posted by AjaxGolf View Post
                          I was watching CP24 this morning and they did a little bit about golf opening up today. They were at Detonia between a tee and the practice green. The camera panned over to the practice green and you could see 3 people practicing putting, right in front of the GREEN CLOSED sign! WTF is the matter with people? This is the behaviour that will close courses down again.
                          I noticed the same thing, and thought as you did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Playthru View Post
                            Played with two guys today. Fine on the front nine. Then they bought some beer at the turn and slowly started to get careless. Getting closer while talking and forgetting the distancing. They were all set to shake hands at the end and I just tipped my hat - and it was clear they had forgotten all about the virus. I am not sure alcohol and following COVID protocols works for a lot of people.
                            Old habit are very, very hard to change . . . hopefully we will all get use to the new ways . . .
                            If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ace864
                              I don't think that for Ford as a company, it is the right time to make this step and expand its business.

BTW Welcome to TGN
                              plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Comment

• I don't post much lately but I had to for above reply, this was funny
                                Thomas4golf

Titleist TS2 / Kuro-Kage Black Dual Core
                                Callaway XR Hybrids, 4,5,6 / Accra i-Series
                                6 - PW Miura TC-201- Mitsubishi MMT 60
                                Miura Tour Wedge, 52* 56* 60* / Project X LZ
                                Taylormade Spider X Chalk # 3
                                SM C-130 Cart Bag
                                Stewart X9 Remote
                                Leupold GX/3i
                                Member of Cedar Brae G&C Club

Comment

Collapse