• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bogey5 View Post

Fitter - "How far do you carry your current 4 wood?"

You - "Maybe 4 yards if I catch one"

Fitter - "Ummmmm"
    Yeah but keep in mind that 4 yards is not my total distance.

WITB

PING G410 Plus 9*
    PING G25 16.5*
    PING G400 19* & 22*
    PING G400 5 - UW
    Cleveland CBX2 54*& 58*
    PING Anser 1966 TR

Comment

my bag has been driver, 4 wood, 7 wood, 4hybrid for 10years+, I am a visionary

The truth is I cant hit the damn 3 wood or 3 iron

Comment

So.....I have a 3 hybrid 21* club and a 22* 4i. These sit between a 14* 4 wood and a 24* 5 hybrid . The 4i is used only to get a shot that needs to stay below some tree branches. I could probably do the same with my 5i.

I will usually use the 3 hybrid when I need something between the 4 wood and the 5 hybrid.

Any point in my considering a 7 wood?

I also cannot hit a 3 wood or 3 iron.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

Originally posted by Fore Warned View Post
          So.....I have a 3 hybrid 21* club and a 22* 4i. These sit between a 14* 4 wood and a 24* 5 hybrid . The 4i is used only to get a shot that needs to stay below some tree branches. I could probably do the same with my 5i.

I will usually use the 3 hybrid when I need something between the 4 wood and the 5 hybrid.

Any point in my considering a 7 wood?

I also cannot hit a 3 wood or 3 iron.

Your 14* "4-wood" is actually a weak 2-wood or strong 3-wood, baased on its loft. A 21* 7-wood would negate your 3 hybrid. If considering a change, add a 16.5* or 17* fairway metal which is a four wood.
          King Cobra F9 10.5* , VA Composites Raijin 44 F2
          King Cobra F9 16.0*, UST Helium A Flex
          TXG Custom, T. Made SIM Max 7-wood, Accra 140 2.0 M2
          Sonartec MD Transition 23*, UST Irod A Flex
          TXG Custom, Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal "B" heads, 6-pw, 1* up, Recoil E460 R + 1/2", Soft Stepped Once
          Mizuno S18 50/07, KBS Tour 110 R

Ping Glide 1.0 ES 55*, Accra 90 wedge
          TXG Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth ES 58*, DG S300
          Ping Karsten TR Pal, 35"

"Some day the courage of men may fail, but it will not be this day!"

Comment

Originally posted by rgk5 View Post

Your 14* "4-wood" is actually a weak 2-wood or strong 3-wood, baased on its loft. A 21* 7-wood would negate your 3 hybrid. If considering a change, add a 16.5* or 17* fairway metal which is a four wood.
            So sorry, my mistake. My 4W is actually 17* not 14*. I am quite happy with the progression on lofts from the 17* 4W, to the 21* 3 hybrid, and the 24* 5 hybrid. Among them, they offer me some really solid and distinct choices on club selection.

But...trying to refine my original question....If both the 3 hybrid and 7 wood are the same 21* loft, what would be the differences between these two types of clubs and in view of those differences, is there any reason to prefer one over the other?

Any insight appreciated.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

3 hybrid is more upright than than a 7 wood which can produce more hooks - 7 wood would be longer by an inch or so - and the flight of the 7 wood would be higher
              Driver - Cleveland Classic 290 - 10.5- Miyazaki Stiff -- Taylor Made Burner 3 and 5 wood
              23* and 26* Adams Idea Tech hybrids both with Fubuki 65HY S
              6 - W - Srixon Z 745 - Dynamic Gold S300
              52* - 56* Cobra Tour Trusty
              Scotty Cameron GoLo #7 --- Kia Ma Imola 8

Comment

Originally posted by cuonthe1t View Post
                3 hybrid is more upright than than a 7 wood which can produce more hooks - 7 wood would be longer by an inch or so - and the flight of the 7 wood would be higher
                Thanks for this. For someone who tends to slice, that might not be a bad thing.

Comment

You should hit the 7-wood slightly longer than the 3 hybrid, usually 7-10 yards, primarily because of the longer shaft.
                  King Cobra F9 10.5* , VA Composites Raijin 44 F2
                  King Cobra F9 16.0*, UST Helium A Flex
                  TXG Custom, T. Made SIM Max 7-wood, Accra 140 2.0 M2
                  Sonartec MD Transition 23*, UST Irod A Flex
                  TXG Custom, Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal "B" heads, 6-pw, 1* up, Recoil E460 R + 1/2", Soft Stepped Once
                  Mizuno S18 50/07, KBS Tour 110 R

Ping Glide 1.0 ES 55*, Accra 90 wedge
                  TXG Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth ES 58*, DG S300
                  Ping Karsten TR Pal, 35"

"Some day the courage of men may fail, but it will not be this day!"

Comment

Originally posted by rgk5 View Post
                    You should hit the 7-wood slightly longer than the 3 hybrid, usually 7-10 yards, primarily because of the longer shaft.
                    Thanks, makes sense. I am not in a big rush to go there just yet as I am doing OK with the 3 hybrid. Would be nice to be able to try one out though.

Comment

Is this the "How Far Do You Hit Your 7 Wood" thread?

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
                      X