/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Garage Simulator advice please

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garage Simulator advice please

Looking for advice on an affordable way to have a bit of a simulator in the garage. Will just have a space heater so I won't be leaving equipment in there. I have turf and a good net, won't be doing a projection screen but wanting to hook a launch monitor up to my laptop and just use that.

Not looking for crazy good accuracy just wanting to keep swinging in the winter but make it a bit more like a real game. I have room for a full swing with driver, have been hitting balls the past few days with this current setup and it's working really well. Any advice is appreciated! Picture attached
    Attached Files
    Ping K15- 10.5 Driver
    Taylormade R11 15 Deg
    Titleist 910F- 21 Deg
    Callaway Razr- 24 Deg
    Titleist 913H- 27 Deg
    Callaway Diablo Edge Irons- 7-Gap
    Taylormade RBZ- 55 Deg Wedge
    Titleist Vokey- 60 Deg Wedge
    Ping Scottsdale Putter
    Sun Mountain Bag
    Home Course: Pine Knot London

Amazing golf simulator forum:

https://golfsimulatorforum.com/

Comment

Thanks I signed up and read a ton of reviews I got a lot of useful information. I wasn't willing to spend thousands and for what I want it for optishot is what I went with. I had some golf town gift card so it didn't cost me very much. I'm really looking forward to trying it out
      Last edited by elmeroil; Nov 11, 2020, 02:23 PM.
      Ping K15- 10.5 Driver
      Taylormade R11 15 Deg
      Titleist 910F- 21 Deg
      Callaway Razr- 24 Deg
      Titleist 913H- 27 Deg
      Ping Scottsdale Putter
      Sun Mountain Bag

Comment

In case anyone here is wondering how optishot 2 is I really like it. My only issue is trying to stay away from it and give me body a rest 😂 I've never swung the clubs so much in my life! I bought the upgraded turf which has made it much much better. I spent the time and calibrated every club as well as added the offset numbers. I'm very pleased with the numbers and accuracy and after played Tarandowah Saturday was really impressed with how accurate it is.

I've have had a few buddies over and we are having a lot of fun with it. It's sure going to make the winter more bearable for a change!
        Attached Files
        Ping K15- 10.5 Driver
        Taylormade R11 15 Deg
        Titleist 910F- 21 Deg
        Callaway Razr- 24 Deg
        Titleist 913H- 27 Deg
        Ping Scottsdale Putter
        Sun Mountain Bag

Comment

Looks pretty good. Been debating getting one of those as well. Thanks for sharing your experience!

Comment

On the golf simulator board I asked if getting no simulator would be better than optishot and one person said yes. I read a lot of reviews watched YouTube videos and listened to a few podcasts all about the optishot. I'm really glad I decided on trying it, no question for what I was hoping for, it exceeded my expectations.

I understand that a lot of people on that board have much more expensive simulators so of course it makes sense that they don't like optishot. My budget was very small and it beats the heck out of sitting on the couch playing world golf tour not swinging clubs. I basically live in the garage now 🙂
            Ping K15- 10.5 Driver
            Taylormade R11 15 Deg
            Titleist 910F- 21 Deg
            Callaway Razr- 24 Deg
            Titleist 913H- 27 Deg
            Ping Scottsdale Putter
            Sun Mountain Bag

Comment

I also have an Optishot in the garage. I agree, it’s better than not playing at all. I hit into an impact screen with a backup of a canvas painter tarp with a projector image. The projector costed a bit but it can be used for a few more things than sim golf. All in, I was still under $1000 for everything. I’ll likely get a sky tracker eventually but the 2 month delay in shipping defeats it’s intended use in winter months.

Comment

Join this Facebook group.
                Golf Simulator/Launch Monitor/Video/Emerging Technologies Discussion Group

Comment

Originally posted by elmeroil View Post
                  On the golf simulator board I asked if getting no simulator would be better than optishot and one person said yes. I read a lot of reviews watched YouTube videos and listened to a few podcasts all about the optishot. I'm really glad I decided on trying it, no question for what I was hoping for, it exceeded my expectations.

I understand that a lot of people on that board have much more expensive simulators so of course it makes sense that they don't like optishot. My budget was very small and it beats the heck out of sitting on the couch playing world golf tour not swinging clubs. I basically live in the garage now 🙂
                  Fantastic! Have you been reviewing the data from the Optishot to improve your metrics ? Keen to know what sort of metrics you have been looking at..

Comment

Originally posted by wordgolfshop View Post

Fantastic! Have you been reviewing the data from the Optishot to improve your metrics ? Keen to know what sort of metrics you have been looking at..
                    Well I've had it for 2 months now and have probably played 60 plus rounds and several hours on the range. Barely missed a day and have played 36 some days. I won't know until the golf season begins but I believe it has helped me so far. Swinging the clubs every day has been awesome and I've played around with many different things in my swing.

Swing speed and open/closed have really opened my eyes. Also keeping the stance after the swing. I will post an update after a month of real golf.
                    Ping K15- 10.5 Driver
                    Taylormade R11 15 Deg
                    Titleist 910F- 21 Deg
                    Callaway Razr- 24 Deg
                    Titleist 913H- 27 Deg
                    Ping Scottsdale Putter
                    Sun Mountain Bag

Comment

Originally posted by elmeroil View Post

Well I've had it for 2 months now and have probably played 60 plus rounds and several hours on the range. Barely missed a day and have played 36 some days. I won't know until the golf season begins but I believe it has helped me so far. Swinging the clubs every day has been awesome and I've played around with many different things in my swing.

Swing speed and open/closed have really opened my eyes. Also keeping the stance after the swing. I will post an update after a month of real golf.
                      Look forward to your update :-)

Comment

Originally posted by wordgolfshop View Post

Look forward to your update :-)
                        And regardless of if it helps my game on the real course, I've never had so much fun in the winter and I'm 44! I always dreaded winter and tried to play outdoors freezing my *** off just to keep the season going. The sim is definitely a different game but so much fun!

Since every lie is perfect, of course the scores are a lot lower even with the penalizing settings in place. It's been really fun though shooting low scores (for me) playing similar yardages to what I usually play....around 6000 yards. I've also played Bethpage Black and St George's from the Tips just to see how I would fair. On 6000 yard real courses I shoot low to high 80's and my best is 77 (+6). On the sim I'm shooting around Par and my best is 69 (-3).

I believe it will be about 10-12 strokes different so I'm definitely not thinking I'll go out and start shooting Par. Wind, rough, bunkers, putting definitely will add strokes. Loads of fun though and it sure beats playing World Golf Tour clucking a mouse!
                        Ping K15- 10.5 Driver
                        Taylormade R11 15 Deg
                        Titleist 910F- 21 Deg
                        Callaway Razr- 24 Deg
                        Titleist 913H- 27 Deg
                        Ping Scottsdale Putter
                        Sun Mountain Bag

Comment