/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Moe Norman Memorabilia

X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Moe Norman Memorabilia

    Was going through some stuff and found a Moe Norman Golf ball and his autograph from when I was a kid and he showed up to North Halton to hit some balls.
    Attached Files

  • #2
    Very cool, you should get a case to display that in.
    WITB

    D: PING G410 Plus 9*
    F: PING G25 16.5*
    H: PING G400 19* & 22*
    I: PING G400 5 - PW
    W: Cleveland CBX2 50*- 54*- 58*
    P: PING Anser 1966 TR

    Comment


    • #3
      Agreed, just going through a childhood box of autographs and other things and found this.

      Also had a Paul Azinger and Phil Blackmar auto. Then all my scorecards and yardage books from a trip to Scotland with my dad in 2000.

      Comment


      • #4
        Trade ya the zinger for a bo van pelt autograph 😷

        Comment


        • #5
          That ball might be trained to go straight, i'd put in play in club C
          "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by BigRedLefty View Post
            Was going through some stuff and found a Moe Norman Golf ball and his autograph from when I was a kid and he showed up to North Halton to hit some balls.
            Hope that is all you got from him (Okay, line crossed )...

            Seriously, Mr. Normam was a Canadian treasure - The Stanley Thompson designed muni in Kitchener, Rockway was one of his last haunts and has an amazing 'Norman' room that is essentially a mini-museum of Moe memorabilia.

            Wonder if you would consider donating the ball and autograph? I'm sure it would be appreciated and would live on when you leave this mortal coil...
            Taylormade M1 460 Driver 9.5D (Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 TS) (8.75D)
            Taylormade M1 3 Metal 15.0D (Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 TS) (16.5D)
            Taylormade PSI Irons (KBS C-Taper 105 S) (3-PW)
            Taylormade TP EF Satin Chrome Wedges (KBS Tour Wedge) (52D/56D/60D)
            Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals/Irons)
            Taylormade Spider Tour Black 34" (20G Weights)
            SuperStroke CounterCore Pistol GT 2.0
            Taylormade Supreme Cart Bag
            Clicgear 3.5+ Push Cart
            SkyCaddie TOUCH

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by BigRedLefty View Post
              Was going through some stuff and found a Moe Norman Golf ball and his autograph from when I was a kid and he showed up to North Halton to hit some balls.
              Neat.

              Who manufactured the ball?....what year did you get Moe to give you an autograph.

              I saw Moe in July 2014 at the LPGA event in Niagara Falls.

              He signed my hat...MOE.

              Passed away later in Sept.
              RIP.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by tarrantian View Post
                Seriously, Mr. Normam was a Canadian treasure - The Stanley Thompson designed muni in Kitchener, Rockway was one of his last haunts and has an amazing 'Norman' room that is essentially a mini-museum of Moe memorabilia.
                I never knew Rockway was/is a Thompson design.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Mr22putt View Post
                  I never knew Rockway was/is a Thompson design.
                  It is, just lovely - Wish someone would buy it from the city of Kitchener.
                  Taylormade M1 460 Driver 9.5D (Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 TS) (8.75D)
                  Taylormade M1 3 Metal 15.0D (Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 TS) (16.5D)
                  Taylormade PSI Irons (KBS C-Taper 105 S) (3-PW)
                  Taylormade TP EF Satin Chrome Wedges (KBS Tour Wedge) (52D/56D/60D)
                  Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals/Irons)
                  Taylormade Spider Tour Black 34" (20G Weights)
                  SuperStroke CounterCore Pistol GT 2.0
                  Taylormade Supreme Cart Bag
                  Clicgear 3.5+ Push Cart
                  SkyCaddie TOUCH

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Mr22putt View Post
                    I never knew Rockway was/is a Thompson design.
                    https://www.stanleythompson.com/abou...kway-golf-club

                    Rockway Golf Club


                    Kitchener, Ontario


                    Located in the heart of Kitchener, this fully mature Stanley Thompson course offers a challenge to golf enthusiasts of all skill levels. The beautifully landscaped 18 hole, par 70 course features fairways lined with mature trees along with a new chipping and putting complex that opened in 1998. Rockway Golf Course offers outstanding services and facilities for tournament groups of all sizes. A favourite among residents and visitors alike, Rockway Golf Course boasts a history of such renowned players as the legendary Moe (Murray) Norman, Gary Cowan, and Gerry Kesselring. Rockway, built in 1935, remains one of the finest public golf courses in Ontario.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Mr22putt View Post
                      Neat.

                      Who manufactured the ball?....what year did you get Moe to give you an autograph.

                      I saw Moe in July 2014 at the LPGA event in Niagara Falls.

                      He signed my hat...MOE.

                      Passed away later in Sept.
                      RIP.
                      I believe it was sometime in 96 or 97. There must have been an event at our club that day because I also got Bobby Orr’s autograph on the same paper (separate sheet). I did meet Gordon Howe at the club and I am assuming this was the same time.

                      Will take a look on the ball to see if it says anywhere.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by QuentinJJ View Post

                        https://www.stanleythompson.com/abou...kway-golf-club

                        Rockway Golf Club


                        Kitchener, Ontario


                        Located in the heart of Kitchener, this fully mature Stanley Thompson course offers a challenge to golf enthusiasts of all skill levels. The beautifully landscaped 18 hole, par 70 course features fairways lined with mature trees along with a new chipping and putting complex that opened in 1998. Rockway Golf Course offers outstanding services and facilities for tournament groups of all sizes. A favourite among residents and visitors alike, Rockway Golf Course boasts a history of such renowned players as the legendary Moe (Murray) Norman, Gary Cowan, and Gerry Kesselring. Rockway, built in 1935, remains one of the finest public golf courses in Ontario.
                        Must be one of the lowest 18 hole green fees (if not the lowest) for a Stanley Thompson designed course in Canada (I have a lovely book that I posted about from architect Ian Andrew called 'In every genius there's a bit of madness' which in now out of print sadly, that gives a wonderful write up about Rockway)...

                        I believe there is a 9 hole ST course that may be cheaper to play, but can't recall 100%...

                        The 'Moe Norman' room is a lovely shrine to the man, and if you've never played the course, it's an easy drive from Toronto, completely public, a nice little outdoor patio that overlooks the 18th green, a nice place to have a beverage after a round once the pandemic is done...

                        Take a quick tour of Moe's room then head back, sounds like a lovely day doesn't it??
                        Taylormade M1 460 Driver 9.5D (Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 TS) (8.75D)
                        Taylormade M1 3 Metal 15.0D (Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 TS) (16.5D)
                        Taylormade PSI Irons (KBS C-Taper 105 S) (3-PW)
                        Taylormade TP EF Satin Chrome Wedges (KBS Tour Wedge) (52D/56D/60D)
                        Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals/Irons)
                        Taylormade Spider Tour Black 34" (20G Weights)
                        SuperStroke CounterCore Pistol GT 2.0
                        Taylormade Supreme Cart Bag
                        Clicgear 3.5+ Push Cart
                        SkyCaddie TOUCH

                        Comment

                        Collapse

                        Latest TGN Reviews


                        Collapse

                        PGA Leaderboard


                        Collapse

                        Today's Birthdays


                        Working...
                        X