Collapse

Moe Norman Memorabilia

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moe Norman Memorabilia

Was going through some stuff and found a Moe Norman Golf ball and his autograph from when I was a kid and he showed up to North Halton to hit some balls.
    Attached Files

Very cool, you should get a case to display that in.
    Ping G410 Plus 10.5*
    Ping G410 3W 16*(17*)
    Ping G400 7W 20.5* or 3H 19*
    Ping G400 4H - 22*
    Ping G400 5 - UW
    Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
    Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS
    Gamer: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K One (Evnroll gravity grip)
    Back up: SeeMore DB4 Nashville (303 milled)

Comment

Agreed, just going through a childhood box of autographs and other things and found this.

Also had a Paul Azinger and Phil Blackmar auto. Then all my scorecards and yardage books from a trip to Scotland with my dad in 2000.

Comment

Trade ya the zinger for a bo van pelt autograph 😷

Comment

That ball might be trained to go straight, i'd put in play in club C
          "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by BigRedLefty View Post
            Was going through some stuff and found a Moe Norman Golf ball and his autograph from when I was a kid and he showed up to North Halton to hit some balls.
            Hope that is all you got from him (Okay, line crossed )...

Seriously, Mr. Normam was a Canadian treasure - The Stanley Thompson designed muni in Kitchener, Rockway was one of his last haunts and has an amazing 'Norman' room that is essentially a mini-museum of Moe memorabilia.

Wonder if you would consider donating the ball and autograph? I'm sure it would be appreciated and would live on when you leave this mortal coil...
            TM Qi10 Ruby Red 460 Driver 9.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
            TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Fairway 15.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
            TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Hybrid 19.5D (Fujikura Vista Pro HB 70S)
            TM Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
            TM My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters
            * (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride TM Pistol
            TM My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
            TM Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red)
            TM TP5 Golf Ball
            Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
            SkyCaddie SX550 GPS
            Bushnell ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

(*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)

Comment

Originally posted by BigRedLefty View Post
              Neat.

Who manufactured the ball?....what year did you get Moe to give you an autograph.

I saw Moe in July 2014 at the LPGA event in Niagara Falls.

He signed my hat...MOE.

Passed away later in Sept.
              RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by tarrantian View Post
                Seriously, Mr. Normam was a Canadian treasure - The Stanley Thompson designed muni in Kitchener, Rockway was one of his last haunts and has an amazing 'Norman' room that is essentially a mini-museum of Moe memorabilia.
                I never knew Rockway was/is a Thompson design.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr22putt View Post
                  It is, just lovely - Wish someone would buy it from the city of Kitchener.
                  TM Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
                  TM My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
                  TM TP5 Golf Ball
                  Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
                  SkyCaddie SX550 GPS

Comment

Rockway Golf Club

Kitchener, Ontario

Located in the heart of Kitchener, this fully mature Stanley Thompson course offers a challenge to golf enthusiasts of all skill levels. The beautifully landscaped 18 hole, par 70 course features fairways lined with mature trees along with a new chipping and putting complex that opened in 1998. Rockway Golf Course offers outstanding services and facilities for tournament groups of all sizes. A favourite among residents and visitors alike, Rockway Golf Course boasts a history of such renowned players as the legendary Moe (Murray) Norman, Gary Cowan, and Gerry Kesselring. Rockway, built in 1935, remains one of the finest public golf courses in Ontario.

Comment

Neat.

Who manufactured the ball?....what year did you get Moe to give you an autograph.

I saw Moe in July 2014 at the LPGA event in Niagara Falls.

He signed my hat...MOE.

Passed away later in Sept.
                      RIP.
                      I believe it was sometime in 96 or 97. There must have been an event at our club that day because I also got Bobby Orr’s autograph on the same paper (separate sheet). I did meet Gordon Howe at the club and I am assuming this was the same time.

Will take a look on the ball to see if it says anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by QuentinJJ View Post

https://www.stanleythompson.com/abou...kway-golf-club

Rockway Golf Club

Kitchener, Ontario

Located in the heart of Kitchener, this fully mature Stanley Thompson course offers a challenge to golf enthusiasts of all skill levels. The beautifully landscaped 18 hole, par 70 course features fairways lined with mature trees along with a new chipping and putting complex that opened in 1998. Rockway Golf Course offers outstanding services and facilities for tournament groups of all sizes. A favourite among residents and visitors alike, Rockway Golf Course boasts a history of such renowned players as the legendary Moe (Murray) Norman, Gary Cowan, and Gerry Kesselring. Rockway, built in 1935, remains one of the finest public golf courses in Ontario.
                        Must be one of the lowest 18 hole green fees (if not the lowest) for a Stanley Thompson designed course in Canada (I have a lovely book that I posted about from architect Ian Andrew called 'In every genius there's a bit of madness' which in now out of print sadly, that gives a wonderful write up about Rockway)...

I believe there is a 9 hole ST course that may be cheaper to play, but can't recall 100%...

The 'Moe Norman' room is a lovely shrine to the man, and if you've never played the course, it's an easy drive from Toronto, completely public, a nice little outdoor patio that overlooks the 18th green, a nice place to have a beverage after a round once the pandemic is done...

Take a quick tour of Moe's room then head back, sounds like a lovely day doesn't it??
                        TM TP5 Golf Ball
                        Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
                        SkyCaddie SX550 GPS

Comment

I know this post is old but thought I'd share. I have in my possession a set of Irons that belonged to Moe. Each iron has MOE on the hosel. They are Titleist and 1 of a kind .. At least I've never seen this model. Razor thin top end to allow MOE too add his lead tape .. I really think these belong in a museum..

Comment

Originally posted by bogeybuster View Post
                            I know this post is old but thought I'd share. I have in my possession a set of Irons that belonged to Moe. Each iron has MOE on the hosel. They are Titleist and 1 of a kind .. At least I've never seen this model. Razor thin top end to allow MOE too add his lead tape .. I really think these belong in a museum..
                            I would think that Golf Canada would be interested in at least having a conversation about these clubs.

Comment

Originally posted by tarrantian View Post

Hope that is all you got from him (Okay, line crossed )...

Wonder if you would consider donating the ball and autograph? I'm sure it would be appreciated and would live on when you leave this mortal coil...

Ian,
                              Next time you are in the Norman Room have a look for my family name. My dads side of the family grew up golfing there and so did i when visiting my grandparents. Look around at the womens Club Championship list and the photos of the Mother/Daughter and Father/Daughter Provincial championships etc. Look for the last name Morgenroth and Crane.

Titleist 913d3 8.5 with tour ad di 7x
                              Tour Edge Exotics 13 degree cb5
                              Titleist 909H 17 degree
                              Titleist 714 CB with KBS tour X stiff
                              Cleveland rtx 588 black 52, 56, 60
                              Yes Sophia blade putter

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse