/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Canadian two ball scramble? Legit?

X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Canadian two ball scramble? Legit?

    https://canadiantwoballscramble.com/...UMl7fFqnItTDyU

    Can you guys have a look at this website and give some info? I have my own thoughts about it but I’ll wait to see if people chime in.

    I had a buddy post the link.

    coles notes:
    tournament with partial cash prizes and club prizes.
    suggesting there are dinners after
    year end tournament you need to finish top 5 to get in
    $7500 for first at year end
    seemingly a lot of decent courses
    website shows what looks to be a lot of copy/paste info, from somewhere in the US (talking about giving 1099s for winnings above $600, and the IRS)
    through a few questions via Facebook, one of the organizers claim that the tournaments are registered through the government and that’s why they are giving tax info.....

    have a look. Input appreciated.
    Last edited by Dan_L; Jan 10, 2021, 08:52 AM.

  • #2
    I would proceed with caution. There is no telephone number, no physical address, no indication of the people behind it. They keep referencing the CPGA as a source of valid handicaps. You might want to call one of the course listed to see if they are on the club's schedule.
    Also note that you must give up all prizes to retain your amateur status,
    Aim at nothing and you will hit it every time.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Golftime View Post
      I would proceed with caution. There is no telephone number, no physical address, no indication of the people behind it. They keep referencing the CPGA as a source of valid handicaps. You might want to call one of the course listed to see if they are on the club's schedule.
      Also note that you must give up all prizes to retain your amateur status,
      I have a good buddy who is one of the pros at one of the courses listed. I sent a text out.

      Comment


      • #4
        Pretty sure this event has been ongoing for a few years.
        "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
          Pretty sure this event has been ongoing for a few years.
          There may be something similar but I have feeling these two guys are starting theirs, this year.

          Comment


          • #6
            When I read "two ball scramble" I immediately thought of the rioter in Washington who tazed himself so badly that he had a fatal heart attack...
            Sage of the GTA...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Benz View Post
              When I read "two ball scramble" I immediately thought of the rioter in Washington who tazed himself so badly that he had a fatal heart attack...
              The end result from the tazer or a potential scam is the same.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Dan_L View Post

                There may be something similar but I have feeling these two guys are starting theirs, this year.
                That could be
                "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

                Comment


                • #9
                  Don’t you lose your amateur status if you win cash?? I think merch as prize is ok, but not cash. I could be wrong.

                  some good courses and prime dates. Looks interesting .

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by BigRedLefty View Post
                    Don’t you lose your amateur status if you win cash?? I think merch as prize is ok, but not cash. I could be wrong.

                    some good courses and prime dates. Looks interesting .
                    I would need Jason Bohn money before I gave up my amateur status.
                    WITB

                    D: PING G410 Plus 9* R
                    F: PING G25 16.5* R
                    H: PING G400 3 19* & 4 22* R
                    I: 5 - GW
                    W: Cleveland CBX2 54* & 58* S
                    P: PING Anser 1966 TR
                    P: PING Sigma D66

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Pingeye2_fan View Post

                      I would need Jason Bohn money before I gave up my amateur status.
                      I reinforce my amateur status every time I play...
                      Sage of the GTA...

                      Comment

                      Collapse

                      Latest TGN Reviews


                      Collapse

                      PGA Leaderboard


                      Working...
                      X