/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Speculation- when will the 2021 Ontario golf season start?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fore Warned View Post

So....who have you heard from about full opening on April 1?
    Columbus says April 1 st

Comment

• If you're dying to get out to a "course," camisle is open as of two days ago and been booked pretty solid from 8-5 everyday. 9 holes at a time only though however.

Im sure chedoke will probably open up soon as ell once the snow clears a bit more. They were open pretty long into the winter

Comment

• Kedron Dells has a count down timer till opening
        23 days 13 hours
        Driver: TM RBZ stage 2
        Woods: TM stage 2 3 wood
        Irons: Adams A7's
        Wedges: Vokey 56, 60 wedges
        Putter: Taylormade Rossa Monza
        Balls: Good stuff I find

Comment

• Does anyone know of a course open in the Durham area?

Comment

• Hidden Lake often opens early - keep an eye out on their website. I remember playing our first round of the season there a few years back and the bunkers still had snow and the smaller ponds were still frozen....

Comment

• I played Dragon's Fire one year in mid April. That's probably the earliest I've played golf in the season here. I'm going to make the prediction that a majority of courses will be open by that date. But also a good portion of those will be using temp greens till the beginning of May

Comment

• Originally posted by spinaltap View Post
                I played Dragon's Fire one year in mid April. That's probably the earliest I've played golf in the season here. I'm going to make the prediction that a majority of courses will be open by that date. But also a good portion of those will be using temp greens till the beginning of May
                I like the fact that my home course doesn't open until May 1, even if the weather is unseasonally warm. That way they make sure the conditions are top notch for the entire year. Besides, I am swamped at work until then so i probably couldn't get out anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4wedges View Post

I like the fact that my home course doesn't open until May 1, even if the weather is unseasonally warm. That way they make sure the conditions are top notch for the entire year. Besides, I am swamped at work until then so i probably couldn't get out anyway.
                  Anything before May first is usually played on substandard course conditions and in so so weather. I'm in no rush at all to play on bumpy greens, muddy fairways and cold temps as have the whole season in front of me.

I have always said that if I can golf in April by Masters weekend here it's an early start.

My first competitive tourney is May 3, which could be my first round of the year.
                  "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

• Really hoping the variants don't spike up. My contract ends April 9. Hoping to be golfing the next week.

Click image for larger version

Name:	covid models.PNG
Views:	421
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	3336577

Comment

• Originally posted by nomullies View Post
                      Really hoping the variants don't spike up. My contract ends April 9. Hoping to be golfing the next week.

Click image for larger version

Name:	covid models.PNG
Views:	421
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	3336577
                      Ok, I'm not trying to debate the numbers in that chart but seriously, what kind of modeler uses MS paint to display their projections? If these models are as sophisticated as they say then I would assume they are using computers to calculate the numbers and surely the projections would come in some form of computer output, no?

Comment

• Originally posted by 4wedges View Post

Ha that's a fair point. The conditions are not exactly going to be great, and in some cases they won't even be tolerable in comparison to what they'll be charging

Comment

• Originally posted by Neumonkey View Post

Ok, I'm not trying to debate the numbers in that chart but seriously, what kind of modeler uses MS paint to display their projections? If these models are as sophisticated as they say then I would assume they are using computers to calculate the numbers and surely the projections would come in some form of computer output, no?
                          that just looks like an Excel chart with lines colored and thickness increased.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrcltuch31 View Post

that just looks like an Excel chart with lines colored and thickness increased.
                            Agreed and I appreciate the thicker lines as a visual. But not a fan of the direction.

Comment

• Originally posted by nomullies View Post

Agreed and I appreciate the thicker lines as a visual. But not a fan of the direction.
                              Me neither !!!
                              And my 2c is that unless:
                              1) We have a large percentage of "general population" vaccinated over the next few weeks (UNLIKELY) and
                              2) We stay "locked down" (UNLIKELY)
                              We WILL have a 3rd wave with a pretty hight probability
                              And I am an Optimist, LOL.
                              Last edited by veryold; Mar 13, 2021, 03:47 PM.

Comment

• Gosh, our course opened on March 4, great conditions and on regular greens (have closed one day since due to snow). BC southern interior.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X