Collapse

Canada's Wonderland

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canada's Wonderland

I've given my 2 cents in the 'when will golf courses be open' thread and firmly believe we won't see any delays on them, as well as most outdoor activities that typically open in the spring.

I'm curious about Wonderland...one of my favorite places to go and am considering buying a seasons pass this year to make up for lost time. Do we think this will be open this summer? I could see some reduced capacity but that's not necessarily a bad thing since I've got the kids now shorter lines are a blessing.

Too early to tell based on where things are at. Is limited capacity worth it for such a large place? The cost to turn the lights on for that place must be enormous.
    MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Don't think they were allowed to open last year. This year, who knows what Ford will do. Amusement parks don't really cater to touchless surfaces and social distancing but I am sure they have a comprehensive plan in place and are ready to open when given the green light.

if everyone does their job and stays home and the numbers drop, why not let them open. Seems traffic and movement was still high yesterday so not sure if people get it.
      "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

I sure hope they don't open this year. Not a fan of extending this so people can ride a roller coaster, no matter how fun they are.
        Callaway Blayne Standbag:
        TaylorMade M1 9.5*
        TaylorMade Burner Superfast 2.0 3w 15*
        TaylorMade R15 5w 19*
        TaylorMade RBZ Stage 1 TP 3 Hybrid
        Taykormade Speesburner 5 Hybrid
        5-AW TaylorMade RocketBladez
        Callaway Mack Daddy 2 - 54* and 58*
        Scott Cameron Newport 2 - Super Stroke 3.0 Slim
        Srixion Z-Star XV

Comment

I'm wondering when the fabled move is. I've heard for years that a plot of land on the 403 is destined to end up being the permanent location of Wonderland. Must have been false promises!
          Still getting the hang of this game!

In the Ogio Atlas for riding or Ogio Vaporlite for carrying:

Ping G2 with HOT PINK Grafalloy Bimatrix
          Srixon W-403 AD 5 wood
          Nike 23 degree hybrid
          Ping eye2+ irons 5-PW
          Cleveland CG14 Gunmetal 52, 56
          Bronze Ping Anser 3 with Tigershark grip

Comment

Originally posted by Kessly Snipes View Post
            I sure hope they don't open this year. Not a fan of extending this so people can ride a roller coaster, no matter how fun they are.
            Sorry, but isn’t the point of all these lockdowns/shutdowns, and freedoms taken away to imagine when we can do the things we love to do again?
            I certainly hope everybody can get back to whatever it is they miss doing, and for me this is one of those things.

Comment

Originally posted by silentrob View Post

Sorry, but isn’t the point of all these lockdowns/shutdowns, and freedoms taken away to imagine when we can do the things we love to do again?
              I certainly hope everybody can get back to whatever it is they miss doing, and for me this is one of those things.
              100%. Once we have things under control then open things like Wonderland up. But it should be one of the very last places that should be opened.

Maybe I read the OP wrong, but it sounds like wanting to go back asap, which in my opinion is a horrible idea.
              Callaway Blayne Standbag:
              TaylorMade M1 9.5*
              TaylorMade Burner Superfast 2.0 3w 15*
              TaylorMade R15 5w 19*
              TaylorMade RBZ Stage 1 TP 3 Hybrid
              Taykormade Speesburner 5 Hybrid
              5-AW TaylorMade RocketBladez
              Callaway Mack Daddy 2 - 54* and 58*
              Scott Cameron Newport 2 - Super Stroke 3.0 Slim
              Srixion Z-Star XV

Comment

How do you disinfect the ride each time someone uses it? I don't think it will open this year, I really hope they don't file for bankruptcy.

Comment

Originally posted by triniexr View Post
                  How do you disinfect the ride each time someone uses it? I don't think it will open this year, I really hope they don't file for bankruptcy.
                  Every ride diverts through the Flume ride which is filled with Purell.

Comment

probably in a similar way they do with shopping carts, or things like mass public transit in some countries. Stores sanitize the handles on carts , golf courses the steering wheel, straps , handles and seats. Amusement parks will have significantly reduced capacity and people using rides at any one time , but still a fairly good number of people. using pressurized equipment can make in between ride cleaning done quicker, not without some delays. Rides that cannot be effextively or easily cleaned might have to stay closed

here are CDC guidelines for amusement parks, quite exhaustive.
                    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...-carnival.html

the same questions will be presented for when Universities reopen and how do you disinfect a 300-500 seat lecture hall used several times a day ( although I believe some are in US) are open and have a separate set of CDC guidelines .

life will go on eventually , always has, always will. You either adapt and the business survives, or you dont and it doesnt.

Comment

I still haven't seen anything very definitive about cases caught via manual transmission (i.e. touching stuff).

There's just such a long chain of events required it seems very unlikely, and may fall into the "more harm than good" category.

I'd like to see some datums on that....
                      Last edited by Ignatius Reilly; Jan 28, 2021, 04:38 PM.
                      "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                      ...Iggy

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post
                        I still haven't seen anything very definitive about cases caught via manual transmission (i.e. touching stuff).

There's just such a long chain of events required it seems very unlikely, and may fall into the "more harm than good" category.

I'd like to see some datums on that....
                        Bonus for correctly employing the word of the day here on TGN

Comment

there is no need to sanitize surfaces

Comment

just got an email from wonderland today announcing that they plan to open may 14

Comment

Originally posted by snaphook View Post

just got an email from wonderland today announcing that they plan to open may 14
                              Yep, in the news as well.
                              In August, the water park portion of Canada's Wonderland was forced to close due to COVID-19 health and safety measures enforced by the province.

of course they were planning to open last summer as well but that didn't happen. It's nit up the them unfortunately

The announcement might also be geared at trying to sell season passes

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X