How far do you hit your sand wedge?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High cut
    replied
    If you really have a short touch shot, just lay the sod over a sand wedge to get it to go 10-15 yds.

Leave a comment:

• 4wedges
    replied
    Originally posted by Fore Warned View Post

My BIL was doing the same thing, smacking his 9i waaay over the green...then realized he mistook the number on the sole of the club and was using his 6i instead of his 9i.
    Been there.

Leave a comment:

• nomullies
    replied
    Originally posted by mrcltuch31 View Post

Do you take any divot on full shots? If not, you are probably flipping your wrist.
    True I'm not a divot taker. It only affects me on sand wedges. Flipping has to go for sure.

Leave a comment:

• Fore Warned
    replied
    Originally posted by mcgsxr View Post

Something odd about my game. When I played 30-50 rounds a year I hit my 9 iron 125.

I stopped playing for a few years and when I returned to 5-10 rounds a year I had gained 25 yards on all my irons. I routinely hit my 9 iron 150 now.

Same irons, same idiot swinging. Just more distance. Weird for sure.
    My BIL was doing the same thing, smacking his 9i waaay over the green...then realized he mistook the number on the sole of the club and was using his 6i instead of his 9i.

Leave a comment:

• 4wedges
    replied
    I hit mine about 110 yards, but while I have lost distance over the last few years I am looking for accuracy instead. That's why I carry several wedges.

Leave a comment:

• mrcltuch31
    replied
    Originally posted by nomullies View Post

Wow and I hit mine about half that. Something wrong with my sw swing for sure. So much so I try not to hit it.
    Do you take any divot on full shots? If not, you are probably flipping your wrist.

Leave a comment:

• mcgsxr
    replied
    Originally posted by nomullies View Post

Wow and I hit mine about half that. Something wrong with my sw swing for sure. So much so I try not to hit it.
    Something odd about my game. When I played 30-50 rounds a year I hit my 9 iron 125.

I stopped playing for a few years and when I returned to 5-10 rounds a year I had gained 25 yards on all my irons. I routinely hit my 9 iron 150 now.

Same irons, same idiot swinging. Just more distance. Weird for sure.

Leave a comment:

• ping1-a
    replied
    56 degree goes about 85 yards for me... 54 degree is about 90-92.
    When I hit a SW isn't always a 3/4 swing max, I like the flighted shot.

Leave a comment:

• nomullies
    replied
    Originally posted by mcgsxr View Post
    I usually hit my SW roughly 115-120.

I was out at Glendale with an old friend, and on the 3rd hole I was trying to leave a shot at the front but absolutely crushed my SW over 150. It didn't feel bladed I must have really hooded it.

For the rest of the day my friend would call out - hit that monster SW, you're at the white stake. A solid mix of embarrassment and amusement.

Leave a comment:

• mcgsxr
    replied
    I usually hit my SW roughly 115-120.

I was out at Glendale with an old friend, and on the 3rd hole I was trying to leave a shot at the front but absolutely crushed my SW over 150. It didn't feel bladed I must have really hooded it.

For the rest of the day my friend would call out - hit that monster SW, you're at the white stake. A solid mix of embarrassment and amusement.

Leave a comment:

• hammy1983
    replied
    typically, 90-95
    a good skull... 160
    and because my results have been similar to the illustration shown in veryolds post... I now use my 60 PM wedge out of greenside bunkers. Thing is like cheating.

Leave a comment:

• NiblickJeff
    replied
    If this post is just about distance, I can skull a sand wedge consistently in the area of 160-170 yards. Longer if it's dry in August........

Leave a comment:

• veryold
    replied
    Originally posted by Bosco View Post

And he hit driver off the tee on that hole
    Yup, and reached it without a prob (par 4) and from a possible Eagle hole out, to a Double, ah well, it happens to the best sometimes

...and sorry OP for derailing you thread for a bit

Leave a comment:

• Bosco
    replied
    Originally posted by veryold View Post
    ...and than, there is this, maybe not "how far" but "how many"
    And he hit driver off the tee on that hole

Leave a comment:

• Geeve1008
    replied
    Close to the hole

Leave a comment: