Clear All

• How far do you hit your sand wedge?

This seems about right.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	sand wedge.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	3322244

I have that shot, one time when I was a young teen playing a hole at Parkview.

Buddy decides he needs to tend the stick for my bunker shot, I asked him to move and he said don't worry about it.

Well I bladed it and it whistled between his ear and the flagstick, hitting towards a small cliff it sailed pretty far.
    WIT Mr. PING Hooferlite

PING G410 Plus 9*
    PING G25 4 wood
    PING G400 7 wood
    PING G400 3 & 4 hybrid
    PING G400 5 - UW
    Cleveland CBX2 54*& 58*
    PING Anser 1966 TR

Comment

...and than, there is this, maybe not "how far" but "how many"

Comment

Close to the hole

Comment

Originally posted by veryold View Post
          ...and than, there is this, maybe not "how far" but "how many"
          And he hit driver off the tee on that hole

Comment

Originally posted by Bosco View Post

And he hit driver off the tee on that hole
            Yup, and reached it without a prob (par 4) and from a possible Eagle hole out, to a Double, ah well, it happens to the best sometimes

...and sorry OP for derailing you thread for a bit

Comment

If this post is just about distance, I can skull a sand wedge consistently in the area of 160-170 yards. Longer if it's dry in August........

Comment

typically, 90-95
                a good skull... 160
                and because my results have been similar to the illustration shown in veryolds post... I now use my 60 PM wedge out of greenside bunkers. Thing is like cheating.
                Driver - Taylormade SIM MAX 9.0 Diamana S
                3W - Taylormade M4
                5 wood - Callaway X Hot
                4 Hybrid - Taylormade R15
                Irons - Taylormade 2017 P790 5-PW
                Wedge - 52 Raw Jaws/56 MD 2 tour grind
                Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Comment

I usually hit my SW roughly 115-120.

I was out at Glendale with an old friend, and on the 3rd hole I was trying to leave a shot at the front but absolutely crushed my SW over 150. It didn't feel bladed I must have really hooded it.

For the rest of the day my friend would call out - hit that monster SW, you're at the white stake. A solid mix of embarrassment and amusement.
                  Still getting the hang of this game!

In the Ogio Atlas for riding or Ogio Vaporlite for carrying:

Ping G2 with HOT PINK Grafalloy Bimatrix
                  Srixon W-403 AD 5 wood
                  Nike 23 degree hybrid
                  Ping eye2+ irons 5-PW
                  Cleveland CG14 Gunmetal 52, 56
                  Bronze Ping Anser 3 with Tigershark grip

Comment

Originally posted by mcgsxr View Post
                    I usually hit my SW roughly 115-120.

I was out at Glendale with an old friend, and on the 3rd hole I was trying to leave a shot at the front but absolutely crushed my SW over 150. It didn't feel bladed I must have really hooded it.

For the rest of the day my friend would call out - hit that monster SW, you're at the white stake. A solid mix of embarrassment and amusement.
                    Wow and I hit mine about half that. Something wrong with my sw swing for sure. So much so I try not to hit it.

Comment

56 degree goes about 85 yards for me... 54 degree is about 90-92.
                      When I hit a SW isn't always a 3/4 swing max, I like the flighted shot.

Comment

Originally posted by nomullies View Post

Wow and I hit mine about half that. Something wrong with my sw swing for sure. So much so I try not to hit it.
                        Something odd about my game. When I played 30-50 rounds a year I hit my 9 iron 125.

I stopped playing for a few years and when I returned to 5-10 rounds a year I had gained 25 yards on all my irons. I routinely hit my 9 iron 150 now.

Same irons, same idiot swinging. Just more distance. Weird for sure.
                        Still getting the hang of this game!

In the Ogio Atlas for riding or Ogio Vaporlite for carrying:

Ping G2 with HOT PINK Grafalloy Bimatrix
                        Srixon W-403 AD 5 wood
                        Nike 23 degree hybrid
                        Ping eye2+ irons 5-PW
                        Cleveland CG14 Gunmetal 52, 56
                        Bronze Ping Anser 3 with Tigershark grip

Comment

Originally posted by nomullies View Post

Do you take any divot on full shots? If not, you are probably flipping your wrist.

Comment

I hit mine about 110 yards, but while I have lost distance over the last few years I am looking for accuracy instead. That's why I carry several wedges.

Comment

Originally posted by mcgsxr View Post

Something odd about my game. When I played 30-50 rounds a year I hit my 9 iron 125.

I stopped playing for a few years and when I returned to 5-10 rounds a year I had gained 25 yards on all my irons. I routinely hit my 9 iron 150 now.

Same irons, same idiot swinging. Just more distance. Weird for sure.
                              My BIL was doing the same thing, smacking his 9i waaay over the green...then realized he mistook the number on the sole of the club and was using his 6i instead of his 9i.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
                              X