Collapse

Awesome Idea !

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome Idea !

I found this site www.visualizegolf.com . Check out the two preview videos. Yardages and all info needed is incorporated in the flyover video, what a great idea! The green undulations info would easily shave a few strokes off all our scores! I hope golf courses realize how good this idea is and start adding it to their courses.
    Driver : TaylorMade R11s 460cc 10.5*
    Wood: Taylormade Rocketballz 3 wood
    Irons : PING G20 4-PW
    Wedges : Cleveland RTX 588 52 & 60
    Putter : Odyssey Metal-X 2-Ball Putter
    Ball : TaylorMade Penta

So, in addition to checking distances by GPS and laser, golfers are going to watch a video before many shots?

Comment

Originally posted by OKHC View Post
      So, in addition to checking distances by GPS and laser, golfers are going to watch a video before many shots?
      I would rather watch the video than use my GPS. Seeing the actually hole flyover helps you picture/visualize the shot easier. Especially for courses your not familiar with. Also what GPS or Laser shows you green undulations?

Driver : TaylorMade R11s 460cc 10.5*
      Wood: Taylormade Rocketballz 3 wood
      Irons : PING G20 4-PW
      Wedges : Cleveland RTX 588 52 & 60
      Putter : Odyssey Metal-X 2-Ball Putter
      Ball : TaylorMade Penta

Comment

The world is going to hell a little faster than usual.

Comment

Would be something I could see on cart GPS screens as well.

so many golfers already use their phones for hole descriptions, yardages , score entry , pin locations etc. So shouldn't impact things much.

I dont use a phone on course so isn't something I would use . I use hole picture, a pin sheet if available and laser which is all I need.
          "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by PapaGnome

Golf is slow enough as it is. That's the last thing we need.
            .....thank you lol

Comment

You guys obviously missed the part where the anonymous reviewer said it lowered his index by 6 strokes...

What's in the Sunmountain 4.5?

10.5 M2 with Speeder 77 Stiff 3 wood shaft
              TM Rescue 17*
              TM M2 4-AW
              TM RAC 52/56 CG15 60
              Odyssey 2 Ball with Superstroke Fatso

Comment

Originally posted by ace in the hazard View Post
                You guys obviously missed the part where the anonymous reviewer said it lowered his index by 6 strokes...
                That only tells me that he was a really really bad reader of greens.
                Sage of the GTA...

Comment

Originally posted by OKHC View Post
                  My concerns exactly. Too many chipheads spending too much time on the cellphones now.
                  This will not help in any way.
                  Sage of the GTA...

Comment

The hozel rocket will still go to the same spot

Comment

Originally posted by Benz View Post

My concerns exactly. Too many chipheads spending too much time on the cellphones now.
                      This will not help in any way.
                      Chipheads I refer to them as Instagram brains

Comment

Why not just play in a simulated game so as not to disturb others?

Comment

Originally posted by rulie View Post
                          Why not just play in a simulated game so as not to disturb others?
                          Technology is making it's way into the game from many angles. What was the norm and accepted by the old guard , is changing. Like everywhere else in life, you either move along with change or it passes you by. Some people resist having cell phones, some people resist online banking.

The Pandemic has brought more and new players to the game, many of those are in the under 35 demographic. This is great for golf from a business perspective, but in my experience these people are there to have fun first and not worried about old traditions. They want beer, coolers, cigars, weed, music, fun !

Of course pop has always and will always be an area for concern. New golfers don't want 5 hour rounds any more that those of us who have played for 30+ years. If something is added, something will be taken to keep the pace.

so many technological advances for golf. All carts now have USB charge ports, most have interactive course maps, GPS , score tracking, F&B menu and ability to order. Our new fleet of carts this year will have built in Bluetooth speakers in every cart as well as an advanced GPS tracking system that will monitor every cart position on the course and compare it to the pop expectation for that location. A message will be sent and flash on the screen of carts that are behind and a marshal to any group that is out of position. Data bases will be developed to identify problem areas ( maybe people are spending too much time in this area because the grass is too long so let's cut it down/back) to improve flow and pop. Golf is a game of entertainment. 7-8 years ago when TopGolf started to become popular I said that eventually we will see some of those concepts and ideas sneak into regular golf. It's happening.

pop will always be an issue of debate. Courses all know what it takes to play their track and what they feel is acceptable. In most cases they are happy with anything sub 4:30 for mid day on a busy course.
                          Last edited by Weirfan; Feb 20, 2021, 10:48 AM.
                          "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

Technology is making it's way into the game from many angles. What was the norm and accepted by the old guard , is changing. Like everywhere else in life, you either move along with change or it passes you by. Some people resist having cell phones, some people resist online banking.

The Pandemic has brought more and new players to the game, many of those are in the under 35 demographic. This is great for golf from a business perspective, but in my experience these people are there to have fun first and not worried about old traditions. They want beer, coolers, cigars, weed, music, fun !

Of course pop has always and will always be an area for concern. New golfers don't want 5 hour rounds any more that those of us who have played for 30+ years. If something is added, something will be taken to keep the pace.

so many technological advances for golf. All carts now have USB charge ports, most have interactive course maps, GPS , score tracking, F&B menu and ability to order. Our new fleet of carts this year will have built in Bluetooth speakers in every cart as well as an advanced GPS tracking system that will monitor every cart position on the course and compare it to the pop expectation for that location. A message will be sent and flash on the screen of carts that are behind and a marshal to any group that is out of position. Data bases will be developed to identify problem areas ( maybe people are spending too much time in this area because the grass is too long so let's cut it down/back) to improve flow and pop. Golf is a game of entertainment. 7-8 years ago when TopGolf started to become popular I said that eventually we will see some of those concepts and ideas sneak into regular golf. It's happening.

pop will always be an issue of debate. Courses all know what it takes to play their track and what they feel is acceptable. In most cases they are happy with anything sub 4:30 for mid day on a busy course.
                            Great points, I'm always concerned that I don't play fast enough, could just be my perception.

I'm happy just to use a laser, I try and get to my ball if I'm not in anyone else's way, get my yardage, pull a club and be ready for my turn.

Had trouble convincing guys I used to play with, that if we have a cart just drop me at my ball with a club and I will walk up to where your ball is.

Old boss would just sit there waiting for you to hit, used to drive me a bit crazy, ended up having to turn down free corporate rounds because I stopped enjoying the pace of them.
                            WITB

PING G410 Plus 9*
                            PING G25 16.5*
                            PING G400 19* & 22*
                            PING G400 5 - UW
                            Cleveland CBX2 54*& 58*
                            PING Anser 1966 TR

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

I wonder if what we'll see is just a continual 'moving of the goal posts,' where eventually 5hrs will be considered acceptable by course staff. I do remember reading lots of comments to this effect on here about public weekend play.
                              We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB

TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
                              Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
                              Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
                              Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
                              Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
                              Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
                              Srixon Star XV
                              Ogio Grom bag

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
                              X