Best Golf Games - Four Players Varying Skills

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Golf Games - Four Players Varying Skills

Hey guys

Me and a few friends are going on a golf trip and are looking to dive into the world of golf games. Haven't really played any before though so I was hoping to get some suggestions from the forum.

What do you think?

Wolf is a good one: Golf Games (myscorecard.com)

Comment

Also sixes can be a lot of fun, described here and below slightly differently:

Money Games Explained: How to Play Sixes (golf.com)

~ Sixes for Foursomes

(also known as Duffer Skins)

(This game provided for us by Tom from Mesa, AZ on 3/8/20016)

Players alternate partners every six holes.

Play low total on each hole where one point (skin) is awarded to each member of the winning team per hole.

As a scoring example shows after 18 holes (36 total skins): Player 1 has 11 skins, players 2 and 3 each have 9 skins and player four has totaled 7 skins.
      • Player 1 would win 8 skins. (2 each from players 2 & 3 and 4 from player 4)
      • Players 2 & 3 would break even. (each lose 2 to player 1 and win 2 each from player 4)
      • Player four would lose 8 skins. (loses 4 to player 1 and 2 each to players 2 & 3)

This game is often used if players have varied handicaps and especially if there is one player in a foursome who’s handicap is substantially different from the other three players. This way everyone gets to be “paired” with the “obscure” handicap player, (regardless of whether he is much better or much worse than the other three).

Comment

Originally posted by BananaHook View Post
        Wolf is a good one: Golf Games (myscorecard.com)
        i typically play 2-on-2 skins where your score on a hole is added to your partner's and put up against your opponents'. last hole usually has a payoff of 3 skins or so to keep it interesting.

i checked out that website above, myscorecard.com, and the heads-tails game sounds like something i might try when playing as a threesome.

Comment

https://www.torontogolfnuts.com/foru...rent-handicaps

Comment

Hey Texas Wedge ... the Weiner Wasaga Quota System works amazingly well 4 - 40 players ... everyone is given a fair hdcp and that is what you start off with...plus 1 point for bogey, 3 points for par, 5 pts for birdie, 8 pts for eagle ...
            We have been using this system for forty years ... stupid fair

Comment

On a golf trip with multiple round I always liked to add in a game of rounders on top of the games played each round.

I am sure a better description could be had by googling it but generally works as follows

You have and 18 hole score in rounders, based on on handicap. For each hole 1- 18 you keep track of your best net score on 1st hole, 2nd hole, 3rd hole up to 18th hole from all of your rounds combined. e.g. if you play 10 rounds you have 10 1st holes, 10 2nd holes, etc... Your rounders score for hole 1 is your best 1st hole net out of your 10 1st holes, hole 2 is best 2nd hole net out of your 10 2nd holes and so on up to 18. Each round you play it wll bring more importance on to the holes you have not done better than net par. Over time you fill up your card with more and more net birdies but net eagles are huge plus when playing different courses the easier holes move around from course to course obviously. The winning score is going to be somewhere in the 50 something range if you get enough rounds but on the last few days each person will have a few specific holes that matter more than others.

Comment

-Closest to the shot glass
                - drinking game where everyone drinks anytime someone takes a penalty stoke and you finish your drink when someone loses a ball.
                - 2 tequila shots and closest to the pin on every par three
                - a 3 putt means you roll the next joint
                - all tee off at same time on LD hole
                "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
                  -Closest to the shot glass
                  - drinking game where everyone drinks anytime someone takes a penalty stoke and you finish your drink when someone loses a ball.
                  - 2 tequila shots and closest to the pin on every par three
                  - a 3 putt means you roll the next joint
                  - all tee off at same time on LD hole
                  This guy knows stuff...
                  We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB

TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
                  Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
                  Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
                  Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
                  Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
                  Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
                  Srixon Star XV
                  Ogio Grom bag

Comment

Originally posted by dmcdam View Post

This guy knows stuff...
                    you should try and play 36 with us

These are actually all things we have done( not in the same round) , most when younger but still do the tequila thing ( only on one par three) and the all tee off at same time
                    "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
                    X