Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Masters must use this moment to stand against anti-Black voting laws (Toronto Star)

X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post

    Good Lord we have a stalking troll amongst us.
    They are very hard to get rid of.
    Ping G410 Plus 10.5*
    Ping G25 4W 16.5*
    Ping G400 7H 20.5*
    Ping G400 3H & 4H 19* & 22*
    Ping G400 5 - UW
    Ping Glide 3.0 54/14
    Ping Glide 3.0 58/10
    SeeMore DB4 Nashville (303 milled)
    Ping Anser TR 1966

    Comment


    • #32
      What is this Georgia voting law making it a crime to provide food and water to people waiting in line to vote?

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Bellyhungry View Post
        What is this Georgia voting law making it a crime to provide food and water to people waiting in line to vote?
        Passed into law last week after being rushed through the state legislature and senate then straight to the governor's desk.
        One could be forgiven for assuming that this was 'emergency' legislation. Perhaps in the minds of Georgia's GOP, it was exactly that.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Benz View Post

          Passed into law last week after being rushed through the state legislature and senate then straight to the governor's desk.
          One could be forgiven for assuming that this was 'emergency' legislation. Perhaps in the minds of Georgia's GOP, it was exactly that.
          How any one with an ounce of inteligence would sign that into law is mind boggling.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by SeanAvery2point0 View Post

            You say I am the one looking for a fight, and then you're right there holding PC's hand criticizing what you perceive to be my motivation for posting, instead of responding to the actual post... maybe you should ask yourself why you've replied, instead of casting aspersions onto others.
            You should feel flattered, it appears to be a full blown infatuation at this point.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Bellyhungry View Post

              How any one with an ounce of inteligence would sign that into law is mind boggling.
              I don't question their intelligence for even one second, because it's clear that they gave it some thought.

              Nor do I question their motives, because their intentions are clear.
              These laws would make George Wallace and Lester Maddox blush.

              Comment


              • #37
                The GOP lost the election and blame it on the democratic right to vote. How terrible that was. So they have figured out how to suppress it and then still if they don't like the results, how to overturn it.....

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Geeve1008 View Post
                  So Jack isn’t entitled to an opinion if it doesn’t line up with the left?

                  clearly Biden has been great for the country.... what a joke
                  He's entitled to an opinion, and I think it was typically bush-league of Cox to call out a 27-year-old comment out of context to score some points. If we were to analyze Jack's comments in their proper context (and earlier I gave what the context was, to my recollection), they're less racist than they are a case of a guy from privilege who is or was rather clueless about what he was commenting on.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    If the PGA Tour and the players in general wanted to take a stand on any of these issues, they would and simply state that The Masters is no longer a major, and that it earns 0 points toward the Fedups cup and that the prize money would not count in the standings. In other words, it would become an unofficial event. If the top 150 players in the world simply stated that they will not go to Augusta, then would we consider the winner(hey maybe AGNC can finally get an amateur to win it) as the same calibre as Hogan or Palmer or Woods? And TMOTM may then decide to stop holding the event.

                    If either of these happened, what would be the effect? Would black people no longer be stopped for DWB? Would forced labour camps in China magically shut down? etc etc.. Of course not.

                    Do I wish that ANGC would show some progressive thinking? Of course. Does their membership policies affect me(nope, still waiting for my invite to join)? However, they do have some movers and shakers(which is why they don't want to divulge their membership list) and I would hope that progression is happening at the companies these men control. I would hope that the next time AT&T gets a female president or chairman that they get their invite to join.

                    At the very least, AGNC can be credited for not having Drumpf as a member.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Pimento Cheese View Post

                      He's entitled to an opinion, and I think it was typically bush-league of Cox to call out a 27-year-old comment out of context to score some points. If we were to analyze Jack's comments in their proper context (and earlier I gave what the context was, to my recollection), they're less racist than they are a case of a guy from privilege who is or was rather clueless about what he was commenting on.
                      It has never be certain if Jack was quoted correctly. He tried to say that inner city kids just don't grow up playing golf. Jim Thorpe(or was it Dent) got his club contract company to donate full sets of clubs and he just could not give them away. No takers among the inner city Buffalo kids. Now it has changed, they don't take the club sets to the kids, they take the kids out to courses. As much as I have turned against Tiger after about 2005/6, this is one thing that he has done. Without him, no First Tee.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        The law is great in every way. Read it.....compare it to other States......there is nothing wrong with requiring ID. Anyone who comments negatively on this without reading it and understanding it is......well an idiot. Anyone who states its crow 2.0 is a racist. Anyone who compares this to what happened before 1964 is an idiot. This is politics people.....dirty politics which doesn't properly reflect real life. Dig deeper to find the motivations......anyway The Masters will never leave Georgia and never should. It's time to fight back against the scourge of our lifetime......"wokeness" is a failed religion of the weak minded.
                        WITB
                        i25 driver
                        Rapture fwy
                        i25 5 fwy
                        S55's 4-PW
                        TS 50, 54, 58 wedges
                        KETSCH strong arc putter
                        1970 Bullseye putter restored
                        Hoofer 14 stand bag red/wht


                        A bad day on the golf course IS NOT better than a good day at work!

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          I wonder if Rob Manfred will attend the Masters and/or rescind his membership from ANGC?

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by KinGDaviD View Post
                            The law is great in every way. Read it.....compare it to other States......there is nothing wrong with requiring ID. Anyone who comments negatively on this without reading it and understanding it is......well an idiot. Anyone who states its crow 2.0 is a racist. Anyone who compares this to what happened before 1964 is an idiot. This is politics people.....dirty politics which doesn't properly reflect real life. Dig deeper to find the motivations......anyway The Masters will never leave Georgia and never should. It's time to fight back against the scourge of our lifetime......"wokeness" is a failed religion of the weak minded.
                            speak softly and wear a mask in '21

                            At one time Russia laid claim to having invented almost everything. China learned from this ,and has wisely denied any claim to being the source of anything other than silk, noodles,firecrackers, and a little read book. lol

                            but according to this, the kernel of Woke and Cancel Culture began in China.
                            the truth is out there. LOL


                            https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/03/t...e-history.html
                            things change

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              .. there is nothing wrong with requiring ID ...
                              That's the kernel of truth that's planted to make concepts like this easier to sell. The truth is in some places getting id is difficult for the poor. They don't own a car, so they don't have a driver's license which is de facto id in many states.

                              Modern concepts such as proof of birth didn't exist for people born in the 1930s/1940s in poor, rural areas. If they have anything at all it might be a handwritten note that would never pass muster of an id issuing authority these days.

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Latest TGN Reviews


                              Collapse

                              PGA Leaderboard


                              Working...
                              X