/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Masters must use this moment to stand against anti-Black voting laws (Toronto Star)

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Playthru View Post
    I think Augusta has come a long way and is on the right path. No need to take a political stand such as this .

Maybe Damien Cox is looking to invent some controversy and interest in his column.
    I spend zero time reading him and Steve Simmons.
    Ping G410 Plus 10.5*
    Ping G410 3W 16*(17*)
    Ping G400 7W 20.5* or 3H 19*
    Ping G400 4H - 22*
    Ping G400 5 - UW
    Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
    Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS
    Gamer: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K One (Evnroll gravity grip)
    Back up: SeeMore DB4 Nashville (303 milled)

Comment

Originally posted by SeanAvery2point0 View Post

I comment on topics that interest me, sue me....

The funny part is you’re always close behind with a snide remark. Get over yourself.
      You are so transparent..... Don't pretend you're not looking for a fight..... Oh yea, forgot your screenname......

Comment

Originally posted by tarrantian View Post
        I was more interested in how this takes off vs. the content itself when I posted this...

That said, Nicklaus lost any respect with his white privilege support of Trump, but my specific thoughts are there was a time and a place where some of the behaviours deemed as 'normal' in the south were accepted by many institutions, ANGC being just one...

Like most, they have gone a long way to improve and align with the times, and with what is right - Certainly not perfect and not fast enough of course. The legacy of Clifford Roberts began to fade after his suicide in 1977, cemented on a wonderful spring day 20 years later.

I agree w/another that Damien Cox is looking for relevancy and to stir it up.

Thanks.
        We all love the Masters and tread lightly when asking them to make a stand. So they have 2 female members now (thankfully Condoleezza Rice checks off 2 boxes) and has the female amateur there too... whoopdedoo.....

It would be nice if they did stand for something beyond white privilege....
        Last edited by golfingtime; Mar 29, 2021, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by golfingtime View Post

We all love the Masters and trad lightly when asking them to make a stand. So they have 2 female members now (thankfully Condoleezza Rice checks off 2 boxes) and has the female amateur there too... whoopdedoo.....

It would be nice if they did stand for something beyond white privilege....
          Yeah, I heard in a general survey of ANGC members the answer to the question, "What is BIPOC?" with the most responses was No. 3 "A character on Star Trek"...

TM Qi10 Ruby Red 460 Driver 9.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
          TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Fairway 15.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
          TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Hybrid 19.5D (Fujikura Vista Pro HB 70S)
          TM Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
          TM My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters
          ​* (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride TM Pistol
          TM My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
          TM Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red)
          TM TP5 Golf Ball
          Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
          SkyCaddie SX550 GPS
          Bushnell ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

(*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)
          ​

Comment

I comment on topics that interest me, sue me....

The funny part is you’re always close behind with a snide remark. Get over yourself.
            If you thread-crap, don't feign surprise when you get called out on it. Go cry about it to someone who takes you seriously.

Comment

So Jack isn’t entitled to an opinion if it doesn’t line up with the left?

clearly Biden has been great for the country.... what a joke

Comment

Originally posted by Geeve1008 View Post
                So Jack isn’t entitled to an opinion if it doesn’t line up with the left?

Well said, fake
                Ping G410 Plus 10.5*
                Ping G410 3W 16*(17*)
                Ping G400 7W 20.5* or 3H 19*
                Ping G400 4H - 22*
                Ping G400 5 - UW
                Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
                Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS
                Gamer: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K One (Evnroll gravity grip)
                Back up: SeeMore DB4 Nashville (303 milled)

Comment

Originally posted by Pimento Cheese View Post

If you thread-crap, don't feign surprise when you get called out on it. Go cry about it to someone who takes you seriously.
                  I asked a question regarding something another poster said, and you were right around the corner with your cape on looking to be a hero. Get a grip.

Comment

I asked a question regarding something another poster said, and you were right around the corner with your cape on looking to be a hero. Get a grip.
                    Quit feigning surprise. You know exactly why you posted. Must be still upset that the President Biden thread has not taken off.....

Comment

Originally posted by Geeve1008 View Post
                      As opposed to your guy who has been relegated to gate crashing wedding parties to whine like a child

Comment

Originally posted by golfingtime View Post

Quit feigning surprise. You know exactly why you posted. Must be still upset that the President Biden thread has not taken off.....
                        You say I am the one looking for a fight, and then you're right there holding PC's hand criticizing what you perceive to be my motivation for posting, instead of responding to the actual post... maybe you should ask yourself why you've replied, instead of casting aspersions onto others.

Comment

Originally posted by Pimento Cheese View Post

Good lord, you really do go hunting, don't you?
                          Good Lord we have a stalking troll amongst us.
                          Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

I don't think angc owes anyone anything. At the end of the day it's a business. And like alot of businesses they'll do or say just enough to not be a hate trend on twitter.

Comment

You say I am the one looking for a fight, and then you're right there holding PC's hand criticizing what you perceive to be my motivation for posting, instead of responding to the actual post... maybe you should ask yourself why you've replied, instead of casting aspersions onto others.
                              Maybe a better idea to start your own thread on Voting Laws and explain why it was so important to change.....

I'll be sure to ignore the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by bl8d View Post

things about Augusta and "plantation" need to be clarified . Don't expect BLM to get it right though.

https://www.augusta.com/masters/stor...s-born-nursery
                                It's built on a former indigo plantation, according to that article. What's the clarification that's needed?

Anyways, I think they now see the club as more than just a golf club, but also as an elite group of leaders. As such, they've been taking real efforts to grow the game with youth, and more recently with women. I don't think it's just tokenism either.

Most of their "racist" acts in the past were just normal behaviour for the times and the location. I suspect the membership and certainly the club leadership could easily be called "woke" now, by many.....
                                "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                                ...Iggy

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X