No announcement yet.
Collapse

Memories of Pinehurst

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A rational person, which you are, would say that, but I've been known to play one of the Pinehurst courses in the morning in the rain, have lunch, then drive back (I did all the driving) to Ontario, stopping only for gas and comfort breaks. We arrived in Ontario at 3:30 in the morning! You're right about one thing. It was exhausting ... and I loved every minute of it.

Originally posted by rgk5 View Post

Too far to drive for only three days as you need almost two days to get there and still feel rested.
    This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

Tom, that would be a fun trip.

Originally posted by hannah View Post

I would also love to go , wouldn't it be nice to gather a bunch of TGN'ers and go for 3-5 days..
      This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

Too far to drive for only three days as you need almost two days to get there and still feel rested.
        Golfers will do crazy things. I am meeting a buddy from Boston in Hilton Head in March, we are there three days ( 4 nights) and I will be driving down by myself. 12 hours day one, good sleep and the remainder next morning. I don't mind driving though.
        "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

We do not play the Pinehurst courses as they would add about $400 U.S. for two of the rounds there.
          Seems like a bucket list to play, if you haven't previously, no matter the cost.

Same as going to Paris and not seeing Eiffel Tower or to Cairo and not visiting the pyramids.

Comment

Originally posted by QuentinJJ View Post

Seems like a bucket list to play, if you haven't previously, no matter the cost.

Same as going to Paris and not seeing Eiffel Tower or to Cairo and not visiting the pyramids.
            Sometimes budget is a consideration, depends on the purpose of the trip.

We are not going to play Harbour Town this trip because it is $385 US plus caddie. Our 4 other rounds all at good courses won't cost much more than that.
            "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

We are not going to play Harbour Town this trip because it is $385 US plus caddie. Our 4 other rounds all at good courses won't cost much more than that.
              Staying at MidPines is way more affordable than The Carolinian. The cabins are pretty good, ours came with a private putting green. The Donald Ross Cabin is for large groups with a large shared space and your own driving range.

Comment

Originally posted by mpare View Post
                A rational person, which you are, would say that, but I've been known to play one of the Pinehurst courses in the morning in the rain, have lunch, then drive back (I did all the driving) to Ontario, stopping only for gas and comfort breaks. We arrived in Ontario at 3:30 in the morning! You're right about one thing. It was exhausting ... and I loved every minute of it.

Now that was quite a trip. I'm guessing you were quite a bit younger then?

Comment

.. it’s a 12 hour drive.

pinehurst offers packages to stay at the Carolina plus golf. number 2 is additional $200 last time I was there. if you aren’t staying on resort you can’t play 2,4, and 6. if your pro can get you on governors club is great.

Comment

Originally posted by mpare View Post
                    Tom, that would be a fun trip.

I would love to go for 4-5 days, Big Shooter always said it was too much $$$$ so we always ended up in Michigan which was great golf and great value.

Each year I tried to get him to go but I could never get him to loosen up those purse strings,

Hopefully in the next few years I will go, would love to even play Pine Needles and Mid Pines, and just maybe our HP can open the door at The Governors Club as a friend says it’s a fabulous track to play.

We shall see how the next few years fold out, as nice as CW is there is always room for some road trips
                    Thomas4golf

Ping G425 Max/Tensei AV Orange
                    Callaway XR Hybrids, 4,5,6 / Accra I-Series
                    Miura 6 - PW TC-201/ KBS-TGI
                    Miura Tour Wedge 52-56-60/ KBS-TGI
                    Putter / PXG Closer
                    Pro V1x Left Dash

Vessel XV Cart Bag / White
                    Stewart X9

Member: Coppinwood Golf Club

Comment

Originally posted by lipw87 View Post

.. it’s a 12 hour drive.

pinehurst offers packages to stay at the Carolina plus golf. number 2 is additional $200 last time I was there. if you aren’t staying on resort you can’t play 2,4, and 6. if your pro can get you on governors club is great.
                      Yes and playing two of the Pinehurst rota plus staying at the Caorlina for the week would add close to $600. The Comfort Inn is fine and very close to restaurant row, some within walking distance right next door.
                      King Cobra F9 9.5*D , VA Composites Raijin 44 F2
                      King Cobra F9 15.5*D, UST Helium F2
                      Cobra King Ltd. 5-wood 17.5*D, Rogue MSI 95 70 S
                      TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 7-wood, Accra 140 2.0 M2
                      TXG Custom Mizuno CLK 23*, Tensei Red CK 60 R
                      TXG Custom Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal 6-pw, 1* up, Recoil E460 R + 1/2"
                      TXG Custom Mizuno T20, 50/07, 56/10, 60/07, Nippon 950H Neo
                      PXG Brandon, 34.5"

Comment

Originally posted by Bern View Post
                        I have a tone more from the property, sadly they are on a hardrive in storage. This one was on social media so I could grab it easily.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Pinehurst.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	3471303
                        You're blocking the statue!

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

Don't blame you on that one. Other than a couple holes I thought HT was way overrated, likely personal preference though.

Comment

Originally posted by High cut View Post

You're blocking the statue!
                            That's part of my foursome, Payne is on the left outside of the frame.
                            Last edited by Bern; Nov 25, 2021, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lipw87 View Post

.. it’s a 12 hour drive.

If you are going big, try to get on CCNC as well, it's good.

Comment

Yes and playing two of the Pinehurst rota plus staying at the Caorlina for the week would add close to $600. The Comfort Inn is fine and very close to restaurant row, some within walking distance right next door.
                                yes it will be more expensive and rightfully so, but my point was if you want to play those courses, staying on site is required.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X