Collapse

Golf Town Grip Sale

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golf Town Grip Sale

I had it confirmed yesterday that it will begin Feb. 3rd. Please do not ask me about pricing, turnaround, selections etc. as I have no other information.
    In the Hamilton Golf + CC Embroidered Ping Hoofer

Club Champion Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 A Flex​​
    Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, KuroKage 606 S
    TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 21* 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
    TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R

TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-Pw, 1* up, Recoil ESX 460 R
    PXG 0211 GW, 50*, UST Recoil Dart R
    TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115

Ping Glide 4.0, 58* TS/6, Nippon 115 S
    Tour Velvet Midsize Grips, Custom TXG Signature Putter Grip
    TXG Custom King Cobra Nova, 25 gram weights, KBS CT Tour Shaft

With the OEM's having shortages for so long, it will be interesting to see what is actually offered and available.

Comment

Originally posted by Gwelfgulfer View Post
      With the OEM's having shortages for so long, it will be interesting to see what is actually offered and available.
      Last week...all the grip bins were full at my local GT...yes some models still not available.
      Most of the bins sat empty for most of 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr22putt View Post
        Last week...all the grip bins were full at my local GT...yes some models still not available.
        Most of the bins sat empty for most of 2021.
        In late 2020 into 2021 some grips were tough to source.

In my last 3-4 orders with Golfworks there have not been any issues to get grips people want, even MCC plus 4 which were hit and miss for a while in 2021.
        "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Just wait for the exclusions and price increases on this promotion.

Comment

Originally posted by rgk5 View Post
            I had it confirmed yesterday that it will begin Feb. 3rd. Please do not ask me about pricing, turnaround, selections etc. as I have no other information.
            So how much is the discount?

Comment

At this time last year, 40' Premium Container costs out of China were in the $5,000USD range. These went as high as $25,000USD in the 3rd quarter of 2021, and finally settles at around $18,000USD. With the pandemic once again being a government concern in China, and with the lockdowns rotating through many cities, container costs are now over $25,000USD.
              So, anything shipping from China will not only take almost double the time it had in past, but with significantly higher transport costs - costs that will be offloaded onto us...the consumer. Big and light weight stuff will be hit the hardest. And note that this has nothing to do cost-wise with increases in raw materials, labor, supply chain, etc.
              Expect costs to rise. Expect shortages. Expect delays. This is the new normal. In every industry and in every sector. While grip shelves may look full at certain stores now, a grip sale can change that in 1 day. I remember GT stores with empty grip shelves in medium size NDMC and CP2 last year for months.
              No good deed goes unpunished.
              A birdie is usually followed by

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                At this time last year, 40' Premium Container costs out of China were in the $5,000USD range. These went as high as $25,000USD in the 3rd quarter of 2021, and finally settles at around $18,000USD. With the pandemic once again being a government concern in China, and with the lockdowns rotating through many cities, container costs are now over $25,000USD.
                So, anything shipping from China will not only take almost double the time it had in past, but with significantly higher transport costs - costs that will be offloaded onto us...the consumer. Big and light weight stuff will be hit the hardest. And note that this has nothing to do cost-wise with increases in raw materials, labor, supply chain, etc.
                Expect costs to rise. Expect shortages. Expect delays. This is the new normal. In every industry and in every sector. While grip shelves may look full at certain stores now, a grip sale can change that in 1 day. I remember GT stores with empty grip shelves in medium size NDMC and CP2 last year for months.
                One of the managers at one of our biggest golf shops quoted me almost the exact same figures for shipping containers.

Comment

Sale went live today. Ordered a new set of grips first thing this morning.

If I take them to GT, does anyone know what the installation charge per club is?

Comment

Originally posted by thebogeyman View Post
                    Sale went live today. Ordered a new set of grips first thing this morning.

If I take them to GT, does anyone know what the installation charge per club is?
                    I just called - $3 to install per grip.

Comment

Originally posted by Playthru View Post
                      I just called - $3 to install per grip.
                      Thanks!

Comment

Bought a bunch of Pure grips at $3/each. Nice to have something cheap to toss on experimental clubs.
                        TaylorMade / R580 / 9.5* / Graffaloy Blue X
                        TaylorMade / 300 Tour / 17* / x100
                        Titleist / 755 / 3-PW / X100
                        Titleist / Vokey / Raw / 250.08 / S300
                        Titleist / Vokey / Satin / 254.10 / S300
                        Scratch / Satin / 60* / S300
                        Titleist / Scotty Cameron / Mil-Spec

Comment

Originally posted by ZachOly View Post
                          Bought a bunch of Pure grips at $3/each. Nice to have something cheap to toss on experimental clubs.
                          Bought a bunch myself. Price was cheap but in terms of quality these are anything but cheap grips. Quite tacky, comfortable and durable. They can get a little slick in heavy rain but dry real quick with a towel. Been playing them for 5 or so years now, my now go to grip.

Comment

Originally posted by Goalpost View Post

Bought a bunch myself. Price was cheap but in terms of quality these are anything but cheap grips. Quite tacky, comfortable and durable. They can get a little slick in heavy rain but dry real quick with a towel. Been playing them for 5 or so years now, my now go to grip.
                            Ahhh missed out on these. Which location did you pick these up or was it an online order?

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLeftWrist View Post

Ahhh missed out on these. Which location did you pick these up or was it an online order?
                              online, I don't think they are too popular so stores may still have some.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X