Collapse

2022 GTA AM Tour

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 GTA AM Tour

Registration opened this past week, already a strong response with a few events sold out.

Similar course selection to last season ( demand continues to impact course availability).

schedule here

"Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Do they now have a senior division?

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
    Registration opened this past week, already a strong response with a few events sold out.

Similar course selection to last season ( demand continues to impact course availability).

schedule here

This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

Originally posted by mpare View Post
      Do they now have a senior division?
      There is no longer a dedicated Senior Division. I am not exactly sure why but could be volume.

There is an Open-Net Stableford division where it seems a number of seniors play.

"The Open Net Stableford Flight is for players with a Handicap Factor between 25.9 and under. All Open Net Stableford Flight players will play from the B Flight tees, in the range of 6,000-6,400 yards and will tee off following the A Flight."

There are a number of Senior aged players who play in the traditional flights and they do in most cases keep the yardages reasonable to cater to the diverse age groups.

I am 60 and will start in Champ Flight (< 4.9 h/c)
      the distance played from is typically 6500/6600 yards.

Comment

The entry prices are reasonable....especially to play at the private courses.
        We have a Vancouver Golf tour......similar prices but no private courses.

Comment

Thanks.

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

There is no longer a dedicated Senior Division. I am not exactly sure why but could be volume.

There is an Open-Net Stableford division where it seems a number of seniors play.

"The Open Net Stableford Flight is for players with a Handicap Factor between 25.9 and under. All Open Net Stableford Flight players will play from the B Flight tees, in the range of 6,000-6,400 yards and will tee off following the A Flight."

There are a number of Senior aged players who play in the traditional flights and they do in most cases keep the yardages reasonable to cater to the diverse age groups.

I am 60 and will start in Champ Flight where the distance played from is typically 6500 yards. A flight 5-9.9 h/c plays at ~ 6200
          This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr22putt View Post
            The entry prices are reasonable....especially to play at the private courses.
            We have a Vancouver Golf tour......similar prices but no private courses.
            Pre covid it was almost exclusively Private courses and included both Pulpit Courses, Scarborough , Bigwin Island and others including a number of CL courses. More public tracks added in past 2 seasons

Comment

Rumour is....Diece is returning to Ontario to DOMINATE the GTA Am tour.

Comment

Thanks for posting this.

Hoping to take part in a couple events this year.

Comment

Did anyone get any advance notice that registration was opening ?
                  I'm a bit unhappy that I am late to the party to book events.

I got in just 3 events last year, and tanked on all 3 -> it was eye opening experience to play competitive golf -> my atrocious putting was a huge score-card killer. Crappy putting, along with a general slide in my game overall last season -> mostly due to lack of play and lack of practice like I used to do for many years. But I loved those outings nonetheless !

I signed up again and am on many waitlists.
                  🍍 2023 WITB 🍍​
                  Bag | Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
                  Titleist TSi2 10* | Miyazaki Kusala Black 61x or UST LIN-Q White M40X 6F3
                  Titleist TSR1 20* & 26* Hybrid | Evenflow White 90S
                  Edel SMS Pro 5-PW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
                  Edel SMS GW & LW | Steelfiber i110cw-S

Putter | Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip
                  Grips | All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Comment

Originally posted by ARL67 View Post

I got in just 3 events last year, and tanked on all 3 -> it was eye opening experience to play competitive golf -> my atrocious putting was a huge score-card killer. Crappy putting, along with a general slide in my game overall last season -> mostly due to lack of play and lack of practice like I used to do for many years. But I loved those outings nonetheless !

They sent out an email to everyone ( ok seems not everyone) on January 5th notifying us that registration was open.

Sucks you didn't get it Andy

before next season lets exchange numbers....(I used to have yours but don't see it in my phone) that way we can notify one another. A few of us already do this in case someone is away or busy or is missed.

what events did you get into ?

Comment

Thanks Peter

I signed up for Kawartha and Beverly, and am on half dozen+ wait lists.

Last year I did Brantford, Friday Harbour, and Coppinwood and hoping to redo those 3.
                      I see that Brantford, Friday Harbour aren’t on the schedule this year. And also no Cobble Beach this year which I was hoping to do as we have a summer place 10min from Cobble.
                      🍍 2023 WITB 🍍​
                      Bag | Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
                      Titleist TSi2 10* | Miyazaki Kusala Black 61x or UST LIN-Q White M40X 6F3
                      Titleist TSR1 20* & 26* Hybrid | Evenflow White 90S
                      Edel SMS Pro 5-PW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
                      Edel SMS GW & LW | Steelfiber i110cw-S

Putter | Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip
                      Grips | All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Comment

Thanks Peter

I signed up for Kawartha and Beverly, and am on half dozen+ wait lists.

Last year I did Brantford, Friday Harbour, and Coppinwood and hoping to redo those 3.
                        I see that Brantford, Friday Harbour aren’t on the schedule this year. And also no Cobble Beach this year which I was hoping to do as we have a summer place 10min from Cobble.
                        Some changes yes. Will likely be some additions to the events . Would be nice to see Friday Harbour back. I am hearing rumours that Lora Bay is in the works around the Legacy date.

I am down for the first Kawartha date and Beverly ( which will be new to me)

Comment

Creating the schedule must be incredibly challenging for Mark, given the scarcity of courses willing to host outside events.

I noticed there are 3 duplicate events, to help fill up the schedule ...
                          • Kawartha (Jun 7, Sep 6)
                          • Ladies Golf Club (Jun 13, Jul 18)
                          • Legends on the Niagara (Jun 21, Oct 11/12)

Comment

Unless something changed you gotta be quick when they send out notice of an opening to everybody on a waitlist. I was waitlisted on a few in 2020 and never got into one despite logging in immediately upon receiving notice. I never signed up last year so don't know if they changed anything on that front.

Comment

Originally posted by bogey5 View Post

Unless something changed you gotta be quick when they send out notice of an opening to everybody on a waitlist. I was waitlisted on a few in 2020 and never got into one despite logging in immediately upon receiving notice. I never signed up last year so don't know if they changed anything on that front.
                              True, i have had zero success getting into open spots....you pretty much need to be instantaneous.

I am told Staying logged in helps as does checking very late at night and early in am

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X