X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weirfan
    replied
    Originally posted by QuentinJJ View Post

I was in the same situation last year, but managed to play three events, and could have played more if my schedule co-operated. You need to be flexible, and also have hope!

I have registered for five tournaments this year.
    Hope to see you out there

I only played 5 my first year and have gradually increased my participation and have signed up for 10 -12 or so past couple seasons. As with all golf since the Pandemic, demand/participation has increased on tour and that combined with less courses made things fill quickly.

The good news is that spots do open up, often several. It is a bit of luck and timing to get in as they are usually snapped up quickly.

For future reference, I suggest signing up for as many as you want/can at registration to hold your spots. You can withdraw anytime up to 4 weeks before( they send you a reminder email about that). So, If my schedule changes I simply w/d and free up that spot for someone. There is a modest administrative fee of $20 plus tax that you lose which is the charge they levy up front when you register to hold your place. If you w/d closer to the event, their is a bigger $ hit.

Leave a comment:

• QuentinJJ
    replied
    Originally posted by Pete12345 View Post
    I signed up for the tour a few weeks ago not knowing the events I wanted to play in were already full. Mark called me within hours of joining the tour to welcome me and we had a nice chat.

I went to sign up for events and then realized they were full. I emailed Mark back asking if I could have my membership refunded due to fact the only events I can play in were already full. He refunded me right away. Super professional. Disappointed I couldn't play this year but I will make sure I sign up right away next year so I can get into the events close to my home. Sounds like a fantastic tour with great events and people.
    I was in the same situation last year, but managed to play three events, and could have played more if my schedule co-operated. You need to be flexible, and also have hope!

I have registered for five tournaments this year.

Leave a comment:

• Weirfan
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr22putt View Post

We have the Vancouver Golf Tour...but I don't play in it as they are played on public courses I have played and It's kinda expensive for what you get.
    GTA AM isn't cheap but probably works out to ~ 200/round plus skins and cart if you do those. Most clubs are Private so it offers those of us who might not have access normally a chance to play them.

Unfortunately but understandably, with C19 course availability has become increasingly difficult resulting in the loss of some good venues past 2 seasons including Bigwin, Pulpit, Paintbrush, Wyndance, Scarborough, King Valley and a few others.

Mark and crew deserve much praise for their hard work to keep it fun, friendly and top quality.

Leave a comment:

• Mr22putt
    replied
    Originally posted by Pete12345 View Post
    I signed up for the tour a few weeks ago not knowing the events I wanted to play in were already full. Mark called me within hours of joining the tour to welcome me and we had a nice chat.

I went to sign up for events and then realized they were full. I emailed Mark back asking if I could have my membership refunded due to fact the only events I can play in were already full. He refunded me right away. Super professional. Disappointed I couldn't play this year but I will make sure I sign up right away next year so I can get into the events close to my home. Sounds like a fantastic tour with great events and people.
    Good on Mark....GTA Am Tour sounds like a really well run tour.

We have the Vancouver Golf Tour...but I don't play in it as they are played on public courses I have played and It's kinda expensive for what you get.

Leave a comment:

• Pete12345
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Weirfan
    replied
    Originally posted by Tphilp View Post
    Mark runs absolutely great events. I have played the past few years and it’s been great. I decided not to join this year just simply because I am going to do a few golf trips instead but if anyone is thinking about it I would recommend it.
    100%.

I have seen some of these lesser/smaller tours operate at my course....and they come nowhere close to what Mark and his crew do. They are more akin to organizing a boys weekend whereas the GTA AM tour is professionally managed and run top to bottom.

there is a reason the other tours are small and struggle for participants and the GTA AM tour is always sold out with a waiting list.

Leave a comment:

• Tphilp
    replied
    Mark runs absolutely great events. I have played the past few years and it’s been great. I decided not to join this year just simply because I am going to do a few golf trips instead but if anyone is thinking about it I would recommend it.

Leave a comment:

• Weirfan
    replied
    Originally posted by Gwelfgulfer View Post

Guaranteed to not have 5 groups within the first 2 holes!
    believe the claim was on the 2nd hole only......but ya The Tour does a great job at managing pace and majority of players are with it.
    Last edited by Weirfan; Feb 28, 2022, 12:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Gwelfgulfer
    replied
    Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
    For those looking to get into events there were 4 new GTA AM events added today.

Nest
    Diamondback
    2 day back to back major at Nest and National Pines

good luck
    Guaranteed to not have 5 groups within the first 2 holes!

Leave a comment:

• Weirfan
    replied
    For those looking to get into events there were 4 new GTA AM events added today.

Nest
    Diamondback
    Woodington
    2 day back to back major at Nest and National Pines

good luck
    Last edited by Weirfan; Feb 28, 2022, 07:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Toughpar3
    replied
    Don’t know for sure but I can say that based on the email notifications that get sent if spots open up it’s 0 to 4 spots. Sometimes notifications come well in advance of the date or day before and you have to be SPEEDY to log in and register online. Other times they’ll have specific slots open up based on flight once they’ve done the tee time draw. Ideally most players will want to play within their assigned flight but for some it doesn’t matter

Leave a comment:

• blee
    replied
    Originally posted by QuentinJJ View Post

I re-joined last year in May or June and only wait list was available for all tournaments. I was able to join 3 tournaments, and could have joined others if I so desired. Golfers do withdraw closer to the tournamnet dates.
    I'm hoping some players will withdraw closer to the tournament dates this year. I was able to sign up for one tournament so far and on the waitlist for few.

In your experience, how many spots opened up? I know it will be different per tournaments but just on an average?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• QuentinJJ
    replied
    Originally posted by Goalpost View Post

if history is any indicator, most are full almost instantaneously registration starts. they run a well oiled machine and have almost become victims of their own success. hard to get new members to sign up when getting into events is extremely hard.
    I re-joined last year in May or June and only wait list was available for all tournaments. I was able to join 3 tournaments, and could have joined others if I so desired. Golfers do withdraw closer to the tournamnet dates.

Leave a comment:

• Toughpar3
    replied
    Originally posted by smc66 View Post
    I am surprised that the Amateur Players Tour isn't getting many sign-ups. All are limited to 40 participants, and the registrations range from 3 (!!) to 11. Yikes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	9Pu8lmN.png
Views:	531
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	3506953
    I've decided to give the Amateur Players Tour (APT) a try but haven't signed up for individual events. Still early for me to commit specific dates over 3 months out but hope to register soon for events.

In terms of why the APT hasn't been as 'crazy' as the GTAAM Tour has been with registrations and waitlists. Answer is: It takes time.

My calculated guess is that the APT hasn't got the word out enough to that would be niche for competitive play on weekend dates. As an example, I recall many years ago when I told strangers I'd be paired up with that I played tournaments on the GTAAM Tour, their response was often "Whats that??" Its really been in the last 4 or so years that the strangers I play with more often have actually heard of the GTAAM Tour.

Leave a comment:

• smc66
    replied
    I am surprised that the Amateur Players Tour isn't getting many sign-ups. All are limited to 40 participants, and the registrations range from 3 (!!) to 11. Yikes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	9Pu8lmN.png
Views:	531
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	3506953

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays