Collapse

Proper storage of clubs?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Proper storage of clubs?

Probably playing in the snow is not a good idea. I always keep mine under the bed that way the wifey doesnt see them and yell or trip over them. Basement should be fine or if really needed perhaps wrap them in a blanket or towel for a little more heat.
    Golf Club Courses

Comment

Okay I'm a little late on this one, but it got me wondering. Why store them?? I swing them all winter inside the house and at the indoor practise facility. If I stored them, it would drive me nuts. I'm not worried about my clubs getting cold, it's me that I worry about.
      Mule
      In The Ogio
      Driver - Titleist 910 w/Diamana 'ilima
      Fairway Woods - Titleist 980F 3 & 5 w/Speeder
      Hybrids - Titleist 910 H w/Diamana Kal'li
      Irons - Wilson FG Tour V2 w/KBS Tours
      Wedges - Wilson FG Tours w/TT DG SPinners
      Putter - Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum
      MEMBER OF THE 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2018 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

I'd imagine it's probably a good idea to keep them the basement versus an unheated garage. But with that being said in the winter I've always had my clubs in unheated garage and during the summer always in the trunk. I've never had one club break or the head fly off on me but I've witness at least 1-3x a year somebody else losing a club head on the range or course!

Comment

Originally posted by birdiechaser
          Proper storage is important. The adhesives breakdown mostly due to cold and heat, could lead to losing a head, knocking loft and lie out of spec too. You should always store indoors, a cold damp basement is not ideal, nor is your trunk in the winter or summer. Clean with mild dish soap and dry. There is a new company offering off season storage storsticks.com, http://storsticks.com. some interesting info on the website.
          Wow lucky you found a 15 year old thread.
          Ping G410 Plus 10.5*
          Ping G410 3W 16*(17*)
          Ping G400 7W 20.5* or 3H 19*
          Ping G400 4H - 22*
          Ping G400 5 - UW
          Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
          Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS
          Gamer: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K One (Evnroll gravity grip)
          Back up: SeeMore DB4 Nashville (303 milled)

Comment

Originally posted by sunshiNee View Post
            I'd imagine it's probably a good idea to keep them the basement versus an unheated garage. But with that being said in the winter I've always had my clubs in unheated garage and during the summer always in the trunk. I've never had one club break or the head fly off on me but I've witness at least 1-3x a year somebody else losing a club head on the range or course!
            That's because the spammer is full of Bunk.

store them wherever, car, garage, house.....makes no diff.

Even left in The car in Phoenix in summer won't come close to the breakdown temp of epoxy which is typically a minimum 250*F.

you would however like to avoid severe temperature fluctuations which could result in condensation in steel shafts.
            "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by jFrazy View Post

Probably playing in the snow is not a good idea. I always keep mine under the bed that way the wifey doesnt see them and yell or trip over them. Basement should be fine or if really needed perhaps wrap them in a blanket or towel for a little more heat.
              Keeping them under the bed just might be too tempting for the wife one night.

I have a friend who for decades every night 'locks up' all the kitchen knives, just in case.

My golf clubs have always been stored, hanging up in the garage, across 4 large rubber coated 'hooks'. Off the ground, and dry.

In the very cold weather/winter, I use my old set of knock off irons and some original Adams Tightlies woods. They are worth zero as trade-ins so don't mind taking a chance with them. They are also what I use when I have to hit off of a mat.

Comment

Nice necro-thread resurrection. My clubs are cleaned and stored after every round. I keep them in the basement in an Ikea storage system similar to the one below. It gives me a nice spot to keep my shoes, hats, and golf balls, as well.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBaconator View Post
                  Nice necro-thread resurrection. My clubs are cleaned and stored after every round. I keep them in the basement in an Ikea storage system similar to the one below. It gives me a nice spot to keep my shoes, hats, and golf balls, as well.

Nice but I would need about 8 of those ( that's after cutting way down )
                  "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

Nice but I would need about 8 of those ( that's after cutting way down )
                    Constraining my space to these cabinets keeps my spending in check. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBaconator View Post

That's a great setup!
                      Ping G410 Plus 10.5*
                      Ping G410 3W 16*(17*)
                      Ping G400 4H - 22*
                      Ping G400 5 - UW
                      Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
                      Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS

Comment

agreed great setup. Now all you need is a SIM

Comment

Originally posted by tjhayko View Post

In that position, I'd really be worried about the cold.

I keep mine in the basement all the time, summer or winter. It does make those last minute rounds a bit tougher though.
                          That is a funny one there. The cold would be atrocious.

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Dailey View Post

Keeping them under the bed just might be too tempting for the wife one night.

Comment

Originally posted by eddar View Post
                              I have never done it, but I have heard that if you put a little oil on a rag and wipe down the shafts, this will prevent surface rust from happening. Just be careful to not get any on the grips.
                              In the 50’s and 60’s, maybe. I haven’t seen rust on a shaft since before the 70’s. I may have 100 clubs dating back to the 80’s in my garage. Rust is not a thing, unless deliberate on a wedge…
                              Ping G430 9*, Ping Tour Chrome 65g Reg flex
                              Ping G430 Max 3w and 5w, 75g Ping Tour Chrome Reg flex
                              Ping G430 Max 22* Hybrid 85g Ping tour Max Reg flex
                              TM P790 irons, 5-AW, DG R300U 105gm
                              Ping Glide 54/12 and 58/08 wedges
                              Scotty Cameron Newport 2, 33”​

Comment

Originally posted by duffer_mcmulligan View Post

In the 50’s and 60’s, maybe. I haven’t seen rust on a shaft since before the 70’s. I may have 100 clubs dating back to the 80’s in my garage. Rust is not a thing, unless deliberate on a wedge…
                                Moisture inside a shaft, usually from washing grips and not plugging the vent hole with a tee will cause internal rust.
                                Ping G410 Plus 10.5*
                                Ping G410 3W 16*(17*)
                                Ping G400 4H - 22*
                                Ping G400 5 - UW
                                Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
                                Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X