Collapse

I just don't understand people sometimes

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bl8d View Post
    Twilight at one time started at 3:30 . Years later it moved to 4:30 ,and is even later now.
    After 5:30 it makes no sense to pay even $30 and wait on shots.
    I'd rather go to a range and hit a large bucket instead.
    From what I observe the definition of twighlite it varies from course to course.

For my course Twighlite rate runs from 3-5pm at a discount of $30 off the prime rate.
    We also have an "Evening" rate which mirrors our 9 hole rate and that Runs from 5pm onwards and is $50 ( ~ 60%) off the prime time green fee. I think most courses would call that their twighlite rate.

Gives people who book in early enough 4 hours currently and 4.5 hours in peak daylight so pretty good opportunity to get lots of holes in
    "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Dailey View Post

I almost invariably play at twilight now.

One because I am cheap. Two because currently I am 'pushing it' trying to play 18. And also because I do not wish to slow anyone down. So if there is a group behind we will sometimes let them go ahead of us, or play through.

Despite the fact that we were traditionally 'fast' golfers. But I walk and that might slow down a group of riders.

We also ask the starter/marshal how if or how many groups are behind us, and what it is like in front.

We do that in order to determine how we might play.
      For example if there are groups in front and none behind, then we might play multiple balls.
      if there are none for a few times/holes ahead of us, but some booked after us, then we play faster in order to 'open up' the holes behind us and not slow down those following.

As for getting in 18 during twilight. Prior to COVID, depending upon the course, we used to be able to accomplish that around 50% of the time.
      one reason we get so many families and beginners in the evening is we have a daily special where a parent and their son or daughter both get to play for the evening rate of $39. A very popular deal.
      "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by bl8d View Post
        Twilight at one time started at 3:30 . Years later it moved to 4:30 ,and is even later now.
        After 5:30 it makes no sense to pay even $30 and wait on shots.
        I'd rather go to a range and hit a large bucket instead.
        From our experience . . . I usually play later in the afternoon. Before the course was mostly empty, after 7:30 definitely empty. Now it is busy until the sun goes down and even passes this . . .
        If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

pre covid I could go out in a cart and play 18 after dinner in 2.5 hours often playing the front 9 twice. Now we are typically booked solid ( today until 6:30) and its usually beginners and families ( which i think is great ) so not fast and can be 2+ hours for 9.
          Usually we have tee time until 8:00 . . . this week I went until 7:00 . . . Pro Shop attendant ask me "What happen if somebody wants to play 9 at 7:30" . . . me, just add him at 7:00.

We don't have reduce rate, same cheap price all day . . . Our quiet time is usually between 1:00 and 4:00 . . .
          If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

Teeing off at 6, there should be no expectation of completing 18.

That being said, 24 years ago, July 1998, I was moving my family to Calgary and solo for a month prior to the fam arriving with the van. I had booked the second Friday of Stampede week at D’arcy Ranch in Okotoks for my brother and I. deal of the decade: $15 all the holes you can play after 6PM. We teed off at 6. When we arrived, we were sent off on 10 to start as they had an issue. We were coming in on 9 at 10PM, basically in the dark. We walked the course, which for anyone who has played D’Arcy, knows it is a hilly course…think Blue Springs in Acton….or the Pulpit.

Sooo much fun. My approach from the fairway on 9 was a blind short in the dark to 2’. My brother, no such luck….lost ball….
            Callaway Maverick, Evenflow 65gm Reg, 45", 17 gm weight
            Callaway Rogue 13*, Evenflow 75 gm reg flex
            Callaway Rogue 15*, Evenflow 75 gm, reg flex
            Callaway Rogue 21* Hybrid, Aldila Rogue Black 85 gm
            TM P790 irons, 5-AW, DG R300U 105gm
            Ping Stealth 54/14 and 58/14 wedges
            Scotty Cameron Newport 2, 33”

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard