Collapse

How Many Balls Do You Lose?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hoganapexplus View Post
    Well at Cranberry I lost 2 balls on the first hole, and one each on the next 7, but that is not typical thankfully. 0-2 on average I would say.
    Sadly, not uncommon. The first bunch of holes, you miss the fairway the ball is more or less gone. Not much room for error and the the undergrowth is too thick to really go searching around. Especially this year!
    10 degree Cobra Fly-Z+ / Matrix White Tie 55X4
    16 degree Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 / Fujikura Speeder 865
    20 degree Ping Rapture V2 Hybrid / MR JavlinFX
    4-AW Nike Vapor Pro Combo / DG Pro

54, 58 degree Ping Glide / CFS
    Ping Anser Redwood

Srixon ZStar XV

Comment

4 on average. Sadly my home course and and my spraying don't get along. And I can lose them with any club.

Comment

Originally posted by Section ThirtyOne View Post

Sadly, not uncommon. The first bunch of holes, you miss the fairway the ball is more or less gone. Not much room for error and the the undergrowth is too thick to really go searching around. Especially this year!
        Like ridiculously so. I wasn't hitting the ball well but did not deserve to lose that many. 55 on the front 42 on the back. Driver got banished.
        WITB
        9.5 Nike Covert
        15 TM Rocketballz
        3-P Nike Pro Vr Combo
        52,56,60 Nike X3X Wedges
        TM White Smoke

Comment

I had voted 2-5, which sadly was becoming the norm this year. However, yesterday I played with the same ball through 12 holes, until I hooked it into a hazard on 13. But walking down the 14th fairway, I found the same ball - I had hooked it over the hazard - so I didn't lose any balls for likely the first time this year. Things might be looking up!

Comment

I started back up golfing last year after a year of Covid and back problems. The first 2 rounds last year off the bat, I lost at least 5 balls per round. The rest of the year, I did lose more golf golf balls, but not at 5 per round. I did some research over the winter and started watching Danny Maude for some tips to help with my swing on driver, woods and irons.

This year after watching the videos, I made some changes to my swing and spent a lot of time on the range practicing. I can see an improvement with my accuracy off the tee. I'm hitting over 50% off the tee and when I do miss it is in the first rough. I don't lose strokes anymore that way, I lose them due to my short game. Now, I'm learning how to improve my short game.

Comment

None on my home track this year until today. Lost two in ponds right in front of me with flat out blades. I think 4 rounds in 3 days was more than my hips could handle

Comment

I prolly lose 2 on average. Always feels great to finish with the ball you started with.

But then the law of averages catches up - I lost 10 on Tuesday at Deer Creek.

Played 18 with a range ball I "borrowed" off the guys we got paired up with.

Was having a good round other than that....
                "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                ...Iggy

Comment

Tried a different driver today and lost the first tee ball. Still almost parred out for 39. Then usual me showed up and I lost five more balls on the back for 49. Typical.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                  X