X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weirfan
    replied
    Originally posted by dmcdam View Post

You can hardly drive down a country road around my area without finding several piles of garbage along the roadsides. I suspect it's a byproduct of municipalities placing limits on weekly garbage allowed from residences. Seems people would rather save a couple of bucks on the "extra" tags you have to buy to dispose of more than their allotted amount. They could drive right to the dump and get rid of it for $5 but I guess they'd rather drive around the country and dump it for $0. Pretty shameful stuff but I doubt they give it more than a second thought.
    Not just the countryside, regularly see it in residential and industrial areas of my and other towns ....garbage, tires, mattresses.

seeds and butts are commonplace at the golf course now. The ground of Our parking lot and around the clubhouse is littered daily with cig butts

I don't really care what somebody wears to play golf , that is up to the course to decide.

music is everywhere it seems. Played in a big Member Guest Thurs/Friday and I bet at least 1/2 or more of carts had tunes playing at a respectable volume. 4 of the 5 opponents we played including our cart had music. Only time i really could hear music from other carts was at the lunch break or if we were parked together at a teebox waiting. At my course all our carts are equipped with bluetooth speakers and most groups use them.
    Last edited by Weirfan; Aug 21, 2022, 07:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 4wedges
    replied

You can hardly drive down a country road around my area without finding several piles of garbage along the roadsides. I suspect it's a byproduct of municipalities placing limits on weekly garbage allowed from residences. Seems people would rather save a couple of bucks on the "extra" tags you have to buy to dispose of more than their allotted amount. They could drive right to the dump and get rid of it for $5 but I guess they'd rather drive around the country and dump it for $0. Pretty shameful stuff but I doubt they give it more than a second thought.
    Those people are inconsiderate s.o.b's

Leave a comment:

• dmcdam
    replied
    Originally posted by sunshiNee View Post
    Gaawd i had this effer down the street do this to me in front of my yard for whatever reason. My camera caught everything but at the time I did not know he lived in the area. I saved the clip. Come 6 months later I see the effer and the exact same car + plates pull into his garage as I was going for a walk. I walked up to him and called him out on it. He denied everything until I pulled the clip on my phone and he said he thought it was his house as it was dark outside.....................................

Leave a comment:

• sunshiNee
    replied
    Gaawd i had this effer down the street do this to me in front of my yard for whatever reason. My camera caught everything but at the time I did not know he lived in the area. I saved the clip. Come 6 months later I see the effer and the exact same car + plates pull into his garage as I was going for a walk. I walked up to him and called him out on it. He denied everything until I pulled the clip on my phone and he said he thought it was his house as it was dark outside.....................................

Likely the same kind of people that drive out to the country to throw bags of household garbage onto the shoulders and ditches of the sideroads.

Leave a comment:

• Fore Warned
    replied
    Originally posted by Chambokl View Post
    One of my friends comes and plays with his daughter regularly. She bought a small hitting net for the backyard. Usually they come do a session (30 minutes) on the range then they play 9 holes. Last Thursday they come and ask for fun what is up today . . . his reply, spending the round discussing etiquette . . . I thought it was awesome.
    Neat.

Leave a comment:

• Chambokl
    replied
    One of my friends comes and plays with his daughter regularly. She bought a small hitting net for the backyard. Usually they come do a session (30 minutes) on the range then they play 9 holes. Last Thursday they come and ask for fun what is up today . . . his reply, spending the round discussing etiquette . . . I thought it was awesome.

Leave a comment:

• ARL67
    replied
    ^^^ don’t get me started on those A-holes

Leave a comment:

• dmcdam
    replied
    Originally posted by elmeroil View Post
    Same guys spitting sunflowers seeds on the greens and throwing their cigarettes wherever they feel like it. I can't believe how many disrespectful people play this game.
    Likely the same kind of people that drive out to the country to throw bags of household garbage onto the shoulders and ditches of the sideroads.

Leave a comment:

• elmeroil
    replied
    Same guys spitting sunflowers seeds on the greens and throwing their cigarettes wherever they feel like it. I can't believe how many disrespectful people play this game.

Leave a comment:

• 4wedges
    replied
    Originally posted by Fore Warned View Post
    A nephew took his two sons, a 4 and 5 year old to play mini putt. As can be expected of boys this age, with a club in hand and something to hit with them, they started to get a little rambunctious.

He called time out on them and told them they could continue only if they played "gentleman's golf". The were told to be polite to one another, call each other "sir", take turns to hit their ball, and to stand still and not speak when the other was hitting.

Turned into a different game.

There may be hope yet.
    That is so good to read.

Leave a comment:

• Fore Warned
    replied
    Originally posted by Benz View Post

OK, but they still played a boom-box and wore collarless shirts, right?
    Ya, and the Spiderman T-shirts were not quite to dress code either, but the level of civility was exemplary.

Leave a comment:

• Benz
    replied
    Originally posted by Fore Warned View Post
    A nephew took his two sons, a 4 and 5 year old to play mini putt. As can be expected of boys this age, with a club in hand and something to hit with them, they started to get a little rambunctious.

He called time out on them and told them they could continue only if they played "gentleman's golf". The were told to be polite to one another, call each other "sir", take turns to hit their ball, and to stand still and not speak when the other was hitting.

There may be hope yet.
    OK, but they still played a boom-box and wore collarless shirts, right?

Leave a comment:

• Fore Warned
    replied

There may be hope yet.

Leave a comment:

• 4wedges
    replied
    Originally posted by 73monte View Post
    I'll keep this short. At my course some years ago. A member approached the group ahead of them, as they were driving carts through bunkers, along with plenty of other bad behavior. The member asked them nicely to clean it up a little and keep moving. They told him to go F@@@ himself of course.

The member was a provincial court judge. A lot of pull with the Police, and made a direct call. They nailed them driving out of the parking lot with two drivers impaired.
    Nice!

Leave a comment:

• DuffMan67
    replied
    I’ve seen it from all ages. It’s not a generational thing. I know plenty of millennials and gen z who have deep respect for the game, etiquette, so on. I’ve seen 60 year olds tearing up a course and creeping on the course staff.

The pandemic golf boom is a classic example of be careful what you wish for. Great for course revenues. But how much extra time and attention is now devoted to curtailing anti social behaviour?

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
X