No announcement yet.
Collapse

Golf Channel looks great on Ignite TV!

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golf Channel looks great on Ignite TV!

This may have been mentioned before but most people (myself included) just post when they're upset about some tech but I just made the switchover from Rogers legacy digital cable to Ignite. One of the benefits is improved overall image quality with the Golf Channel in particular benefitting massively. No more pixelation and stuttering. Almost like Rogers was intentionally making the legacy version look like crap but they wouldn't do that on purpose now would they?

It's only been a week and there is a bit of a learning curve but I'm glad I made the switch. Another thing to think about if you get a good offer to switch (which you'll eventually have to do anyways).

Cheers.
    Last edited by newy; Mar 11, 2023, 11:30 AM.

Do you work for Robber Rogers by any chance.
    We are cable dinosaurs and have hard wired Legacy or whatever it is known as, and the Golf Channel is perfect.
    OTOH, The Weather Network on our cable 23, is a real mess, and nobody from Rogers has ever been able to explain why, even when the Tech came over.
    But on cable 581 it is perfect, WTF.
    Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Best thing about Ignite is the voice remote and I can watch live or on demand on any of my devices.

Comment

Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post
        Do you work for Robber Rogers by any chance.
        We are cable dinosaurs and have hard wired Legacy or whatever it is known as, and the Golf Channel is perfect.
        OTOH, The Weather Network on our cable 23, is a real mess, and nobody from Rogers has ever been able to explain why, even when the Tech came over.
        But on cable 581 it is perfect, WTF.
        Haha nope. I, like you, had problems that a tech could never really fix (both internet and cable TV). Basically everything was caused by a weak signal (at least thats what I think). Stuff used to work fine but degraded over time. I blame Rogers for not properly maintaining their legacy network which is their right, I guess.

Ignite is far better overall and the changeover went smooth with no technician needed. I do miss a few things though. Home on that list is a one-press "previous channel" button. Come on Rogers, get with 1983 geez.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteWalker View Post
          Best thing about Ignite is the voice remote and I can watch live or on demand on any of my devices.
          I thought it was a gimmick at first but it does indeed rock.

Comment

OK I too just switched to ignite and find the picture great. And yes we need a last channel selector Makes it easier to flick back n forth.

Comment

Originally posted by frankat View Post
              OK I too just switched to ignite and find the picture great. And yes we need a last channel selector Makes it easier to flick back n forth.
              I switched last month from Bell and I too find the picture clearer and no more on and off picture problems with Ignite
              Driver - Cleveland Classic 290 - 10.5- Miyazaki Stiff -- Taylor Made Burner 3 and 5 wood
              23* and 26* Adams Idea Tech hybrids both with Fubuki 65HY S
              6 - W - Srixon Z 745 - Dynamic Gold S300
              52* - 56* Cobra Tour Trusty
              Scotty Cameron GoLo #7 --- Kia Ma Imola 8

Comment

Can't you just say "Last Channel"?
                Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

never use the vocal but you can say last channel and back she goes as I just tried it
                  Driver - Cleveland Classic 290 - 10.5- Miyazaki Stiff -- Taylor Made Burner 3 and 5 wood
                  23* and 26* Adams Idea Tech hybrids both with Fubuki 65HY S
                  6 - W - Srixon Z 745 - Dynamic Gold S300
                  52* - 56* Cobra Tour Trusty
                  Scotty Cameron GoLo #7 --- Kia Ma Imola 8

Comment

Its been a few weeks with Ignite now and although there are a lot of positives vs digital cable I thought I'd share a few negatives in case you're looking at switching:

-no slow-motion replays (really miss this for close calls)
                    -no way of setting a consistent "power-on channel" (the last channel you watched before you switched off will always be the first channel you see when you start watching again)
                    -4K Sportsnet and 4K TSN look like garbage. Most disappointing of all for sure. I didn't have 4K w/ legacy cable so can't compare it but the image quality is worse than the non-4K feeds for the same Leafs or Raptors home games. Image looks all "choppy vertically" (for lack of a better description LOL). No comparison to the 4K streams you get with the built in streaming services like Apple TV and Netflix which look amazing (check out the Tokyo episode of Reluctant Traveler on an OLED TV - stunning).
                    Last edited by newy; Mar 22, 2023, 06:13 AM.

Comment

I've ignite for a couple of years. I like the last few channels page. Wife likes the voice feature. The 4K channels don't look any different from the rest on my 4K tv. And slower to load. Overall pleased but it often drops connection momentarily.

Comment

I'll have to try that. Thanks

Comment

I just hit the "Last Viewed" button and then the select button. I switches me to the last channel and is quicker than the voice "last channel".

I'm not a huge fan of Ignite in my area. It seems to suffer all of the issues that IPTV systems face (audio and video out of sync, problems accessing recorded programs, etc.), but to a greater extent than the Bell Fibe offering does. (YMMV)
                          TorontoGolfNuts.com/TGNFantasy

Comment

Originally posted by newy View Post
                            Its been a few weeks with Ignite now and although there are a lot of positives vs digital cable I thought I'd share a few negatives in case you're looking at switching:

-no slow-motion replays (really miss this for close calls)
                            -no way of setting a consistent "power-on channel" (the last channel you watched before you switched off will always be the first channel you see when you start watching again)
                            -4K Sportsnet and 4K TSN look like garbage. Most disappointing of all for sure. I didn't have 4K w/ legacy cable so can't compare it but the image quality is worse than the non-4K feeds for the same Leafs or Raptors home games. Image looks all "choppy vertically" (for lack of a better description LOL). No comparison to the 4K streams you get with the built in streaming services like Apple TV and Netflix which look amazing (check out the Tokyo episode of Reluctant Traveler on an OLED TV - stunning).
                            Not bad information in my opinion. The opinion of all people must be taken into account. I sometimes even study http://essaypapers.reviews/, where people express their thoughts. I don't know why I'm so obsessed with it. But in my spare time, I enjoy it.
                            finger up!
                            Last edited by jasicarose75; May 29, 2023, 01:56 PM.

Comment

We finally got strong-armed into going with Ignite and it's been mostly good. For $65 less per month we get a lot of stuff, but oddly CP24 and Newsworld are gone and we used to watch those over coffees in the morning. If we really miss them we can add them and still be way ahead on the money side.

I love the voice remote - since many of the channels have moved around I just say "golf" or "hockey" or "everest" and find good stuff to watch.

We just came up to our rental in Thornbury and I found that the app on my phone and laptop won't stream to the TVs here via airplay. We get sound by a black screen. I'm going to have to bring an HDMI cable to solve that I guess.

I also taped yesterday's PGA before leaving Toronto, but when I went to watch it it told me I'm not allowed to because it hadn't finished yet and I'd started taping in a different location. WTF?

I don't see a big improvement on Golf Channel, but overall happy enough.
                              "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                              ...Iggy

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X