Collapse

GTA AM Tour 2024

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MattM97 View Post

They already took my payment this morning so I guess I'm stuck and will grab a cart, I did pull out of The Nest cause I have a feeling that course will eat me alive.
    Nest is fair, fairways are very generous ( mind you so are they at Coppinwood)
    there is a lot fescue if you miss them though.
    they had the greens fast last year and the pins were tough.
    if it's windy it can play a lot harder.
    "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

• Originally posted by Over Par View Post

In what way ? I don't know what courses you play, but compared to say Copper Creek and Eagles Nest, The Nest is a cake walk, both physically and as a tough course, at least to me and I am 80+.
      Just an assumption with it being a Carrick course and looking a little similar to Eagles Nest or similar vibe to it a bit. Maybe it is easy if it is more of a resort course.

I'm also planning on doing something else that day so that's kinda more of the reason I want out, they play there later again in the year and if the scores are favorable I'll see if I can enter it.
      Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X
      3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X
      3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX
      Irons: 4-6 PXG 0311P 7-W 0317CB | DG120X
      Wedges: Vokey SM9 50.8F|54.10S|58.8M
      Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K
      TP5X 2024
      Ghost Katana

Comment

• The Nest is fairly flat, although they did a great job of making the flat lands somewhat rolling. It has wide fairways, although there is fescue if you miss the fairways and first cut. Greens are large and undulating, and there are many bunkers. I enjoy it and usually play pretty well there.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4wedges View Post
          The Nest is fairly flat, although they did a great job of making the flat lands somewhat rolling. It has wide fairways, although there is fescue if you miss the fairways and first cut. Greens are large and undulating, and there are many bunkers. I enjoy it and usually play pretty well there.
          Gotcha, they are hosting another event there later in the year so may jump in on that. Plus can play that any time, private clubs no so much.
          Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X
          3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X
          3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX
          Irons: 4-6 PXG 0311P 7-W 0317CB | DG120X
          Wedges: Vokey SM9 50.8F|54.10S|58.8M
          Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K
          TP5X 2024
          Ghost Katana

Comment

• Good luck today Weirfan

Comment

• https://gtaamtour.com/events/trilliu...flight-results - great start!

Comment

• Originally posted by hbomb View Post
                Good luck today Weirfan
                So Weirfan shot 85?

Comment

• Originally posted by pugs View Post

So Weirfan shot 85?
                  That is true. Struck it pretty well most of the day , only one errant tee shot on 10 that required a punch out , then misjudged the wind and air mailed the green arghh .
                  first time playing TW so some course unfamiliarity but mainly it was my substandard putting with a number of 3 putts and a little bad luck finding 3 divots and a partial footprint in a bunker added too many extra strokes to reach the podium. ( excuses excuses I know , everyone leaves strokes out there ) just don’t hitting those places lol

Enjoyed the course at Trillium Wood. It was very wet but so are most with all the rain we had.

wish I could have stayed to play BBR yesterday but had to work . My buds placed 1-2 in A flight though so a good day.
                  Last edited by Weirfan; May 15, 2024, 07:02 AM.

Comment

• Just reading up on this tour and posts in this thread are helpful. I'm inclined to join but I feel like it's too late for this season - and all the spots are mostly full. Can anyone comment or confirm? I don't want to join just to hope for late cancellations.
                    My life is a very complicated drinking game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Golf_Goof View Post
                      Just reading up on this tour and posts in this thread are helpful. I'm inclined to join but I feel like it's too late for this season - and all the spots are mostly full. Can anyone comment or confirm? I don't want to join just to hope for late cancellations.
                      Yes and no. All the popular/close tournaments are full, but still a bunch that have spots available - as long as you are willing to travel - Peterborough, Niagara, Owen Sound etc....

Currently Open:
                      • Legacy Ridge
                      • Kawartha/Baxter Creek 2 day event
                      • Sleepy Hollow
                      • Upper Unionville
                      • Silver Lakes
                      • Kawartha
                      • Legends on the Niagara 36 hole
                      • Peterborough
                      • Maple Downs season ending fun event.

And spots do open up last minute for most of the tournaments - of course there is no guarantee

Mark did also tell me that if I don't play 2 events, he would refund my registration fee.

Comment

Yes and no. All the popular/close tournaments are full, but still a bunch that have spots available - as long as you are willing to travel - Peterborough, Niagara, Owen Sound etc....

Currently Open:
                        • Legacy Ridge
                        • Kawartha/Baxter Creek 2 day event
                        • Sleepy Hollow
                        • Upper Unionville
                        • Silver Lakes
                        • Kawartha
                        • Legends on the Niagara 36 hole
                        • Peterborough
                        • Maple Downs season ending fun event.

And spots do open up last minute for most of the tournaments - of course there is no guarantee

Mark did also tell me that if I don't play 2 events, he would refund my registration fee.
                        Thanks for the reply.

Are last-minute openings communicated to GTA members via email etc., - or do you need to monitor the events day-to-day to see openings?

Comment

• Originally posted by Golf_Goof View Post

Thanks for the reply.

Are last-minute openings communicated to GTA members via email etc., - or do you need to monitor the events day-to-day to see openings?
                          Via email - I would note, that anything popular will be snapped up in a few minutes, so you have to be lucky

Comment

Via email - I would note, that anything popular will be snapped up in a few minutes, so you have to be lucky
                            More like in seconds but openings do happen , especially if the weather forecast is iffy.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

• Anyone playing Cobble Beach this week?

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X