X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hit my first if the year.

Hole 18 at Copetown from the blues.

- Hybrid off the tee leaving 156 yards.
    - High 7 iron that landed softly about 5 feet from the pin and rolled in.

This was my longest holeout in a long time (possibly my longest ever) and the closest to a hole in 1 I've ever got.
    Callaway Blayne Standbag:
    TaylorMade M1 9.5*
    TaylorMade Burner Superfast 2.0 3w 15*
    TaylorMade R15 5w 19*
    TaylorMade RBZ Stage 1 TP 3 Hybrid
    Taykormade Speesburner 5 Hybrid
    5-AW TaylorMade RocketBladez
    Callaway Mack Daddy 2 - 54* and 58*
    Scott Cameron Newport 2 - Super Stroke 3.0 Slim
    Srixion Z-Star XV

Comment

• Sweet

Comment

• Today, at Puslinch Lakes, a somewhat uninspiring rounds where I was scrambling decently as I wasn't playing too well today (Left it all on the course yesterday at Elmira, where I played well)...

I had shot 2 successive 79's at Puslinch the previous 2 Sundays, and jokingly told my partners I had to eagle the 18th to make a 3rd 79 (Decent number of eagles over the past 5 years, but I've never had one at this challenging closing hole despite playing it many many times):

Par 5 18th: Playing only 420 yards, it's a complex dog leg hole to the extreme right (You need about 270 off the tee to have a clear shot at the green, which is protected by a large oak tree in front)...

Hit a decently long tee shot but too close to the left trees unfortunately, leaving me just beside a tree where I had to punch out to get back to the fairway leaving me 160 to the middle of the green, but a blind shot over trees on the right side. Beautifully struck 7 iron, to the right side of the green, rolling about 15' straight in the cup (according to my fellow players) for my first eagle of the year.

Good times!!

- Ian
        Taylormade M1 460 Driver 9.5D (Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 TS) (8.75D)
        Taylormade M1 3 Metal 15.0D (Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 TS) (16.5D)
        Taylormade PSI Irons (KBS C-Taper 105 S) (3-PW)
        Taylormade TP EF Satin Chrome Wedges (KBS Tour Wedge) (52D/56D/60D)
        Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals/Irons)
        Taylormade Spider Tour Black 34" (20G Weights)
        SuperStroke CounterCore Pistol GT 2.0
        Taylormade Supreme Cart Bag
        Clicgear 3.5+ Push Cart
        SkyCaddie TOUCH

Comment

• sweet ,congratulations Ian.

Comment

• Today on the 1st hole at Braeben from the black tees (with a helping wind).

Drive to top of hill, slightly past bunker. 4 iron 211 to back left pin position. Drain the 15 footer. I've been on that green many times in two, but the first time I actually made the putt for eagle.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SmartSelect_20220531-150617_MyTaylorMadeOnCourse (1).jpg
Views:	88
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	3549647

Proud member of the Prune Juice Army.

Comment

• Scarlett Woods #16 - 80 yards. Tee box was moved up about 20 yards actually, but I decided to just play it from the normal distance. Hit a LW that actually brushed against the tree that hangs right in front of the tee box. Saw the ball land on the green but couldn't see it on the short walk up (There was a lot of leaves/debris on the green). Found the ball in the hole!

Comment

• Originally posted by hookcity69 View Post
                Scarlett Woods #16 - 80 yards. Tee box was moved up about 20 yards actually, but I decided to just play it from the normal distance. Hit a LW that actually brushed against the tree that hangs right in front of the tee box. Saw the ball land on the green but couldn't see it on the short walk up (There was a lot of leaves/debris on the green). Found the ball in the hole!
                Would that not be a HIO? If so, congrats.

Comment

• Originally posted by luv2kruz View Post

Would that not be a HIO? If so, congrats.
                  Yes sir, thanks a lot.

I was a bit skeptical of whether I should consider it a HIO given: 1) the yardage, being the shortest par 3, already at an executive course; 2) I should have been playing the hole closer up (wasn't trying to play a 60 yard hole). Happy that my playing partners have reassured me that I should.

No crazy reaction or anything; just hi-fived the two guys I was paired with and asked for a quick picture. Guy took honors from me on the next tee though :O
                  Last edited by hookcity69; May 31, 2022, 04:57 PM.

Comment

• I was playing at Galt CC and was 9 over after 5. I suggested to my playing partner we put some money on the line and maybe that will give me the juice I need to make a some good shots. We decided on match play for the remainder of the round.

I went to birdie the par 5 6th and then from 122 out on 7 I dunked it for eagle, chipped one in on 9 for par. The other two we were playing with were calling me a bit of a sandbagger. We both play off of 9.7 indexes funny enough.

finished him in 16, 3 & 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clipless View Post
                      I was playing at Galt CC and was 9 over after 5. I suggested to my playing partner we put some money on the line and maybe that will give me the juice I need to make a some good shots. We decided on match play for the remainder of the round.

I went to birdie the par 5 6th and then from 122 out on 7 I dunked it for eagle, chipped one in on 9 for par. The other two we were playing with were calling me a bit of a sandbagger. We both play off of 9.7 indexes funny enough.

finished him in 16, 3 & 2.
                      Sweet,great finish

Comment

• Today first hole Rattlesnake Point Copperhead par 5, driver, 4 wood to 1 foot tap in. Great way to celebrate Canada Day

Comment

• First of the Season
                          #17 Cardinal lakes Heron. 470 par 5
                          driver, 6i to 3"

Comment

• Legends Battlefield #11, 497 yd par 5

Driver 272, 5w 225, 6 ft putt.

Comment

• Summit- 8th Hole- Par 4.

Driver leaving me about 165 yards in to a middle/right pin. Playing into a heavy wind, knocked down a 7 iron which I started on the left side and tried to draw in, did exactly that, bounced twice and dropped.

First time holing out from so far away, was pretty cool!

Comment

• Legacy #4, driver, 5 wood to 10 feet and poured in the putt.
                                WITB
                                9.5 Nike Covert
                                15 TM Rocketballz
                                3-P Nike Pro Vr Combo
                                52,56,60 Nike X3X Wedges
                                TM White Smoke

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse