Clear All

• My first eagle in how many years!!!!

June 18th, 2021
    Carlisle Golf Course - North

8 Hole Par 5 - Blue Tee 484 yd

300 Drive with downhill
    177 by 6 Iron with little help from wind
    2 ft Putt

my son and my wife are witnesses and they are gonna hear about it for the rest of my life.

happy father’s day to me!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	B25AA2EC-542B-4065-A3FD-1A1978137F45.jpeg
Views:	249
Size:	276.3 KB
ID:	3399119
    AIR HYBRID II on CG 3.5
    Epic 9.5° Fujikura Pro Green 62 S
    917 F2 15° Even Flow Blue 75 S
    Stealth 3H 19° Ventus Red 7 S

P770 4-P Dynamic Gold 105 VSS S
    MG2 50.09 | 54.11 | 58.08 Dynamic Gold S200
    ER1 Blade
    TP5x

Comment

• Dundee hole #2
      - driver to just in front of the creek
      - gap wedge to 10 feet
      - hit putt with alot of pace.hits center of cup and drops anyways
      WITB :

Driver - Nike Covert
      3 Wood - Cobra amp cell 14*
      Hybrid - Nike cover 18*
      Irons - Taylormade tour preferred 4-GW
      Wedges - Cleveland 54/60 CG15-?
      Putter - Cleveland VP5

Comment

• Finally get to add an Eagle to this thread for this season.

Made one at Summit yesterday.

#5- Par 5. Driver to the right rough. Bad lie so I just hit a 9 iron to lay up. Rolled out a bit more than I wanted leaving me 88 yards in to a back right pin. Hit my 60 degree absolutely perfect. Just a nice low flighted dart than bounced twice and dropped for Eagle!

Comment

• Fun day today. Been playing like _sh!te_ but got some things going today. Willow Valley Blues, on 16 (par 5, playing high 4's at best) I hit driver down the middle and then SW to 4', making the putt for my first eagle of the year.

On 4, my brother does the same, rips driver down the middle (309 on arrcos) and SW to 6 feet and drops the putt. First time we ever had two eagles in a round within the group.

Lame par 5's I know, especially 4, but great to put some -2's on the card.

P

Comment

• Originally posted by petvan View Post
            Fun day today. Been playing like _sh!te_ but got some things going today. Willow Valley Blues, on 16 (par 5, playing high 4's at best) I hit driver down the middle and then SW to 4', making the putt for my first eagle of the year.

On 4, my brother does the same, rips driver down the middle (309 on arrcos) and SW to 6 feet and drops the putt. First time we ever had two eagles in a round within the group.

Lame par 5's I know, especially 4, but great to put some -2's on the card.

P
            Well done,still a par 5 🎉

Comment

• Had one solo eagle last month and one near solo in a scramble a cpl weeks ago.

Scramble at Scenic Woods #10: we used my 280 drive to left side of FW and 220 3i, then my partner made the 8footer before I got a crack at it.

Solo at Brant Valley # 12: Short elevated par 4 playing 240 with a nearly impossible green to hold even if you can reach it so I play for a chip and a putt by bailing out to the safe right side of the green, get a mishit off the tee, and wind up on right side of fw 50 yards away. I was on fire with my low spinner from 50 and nearly holed one exactly like this on #7. I pured the short aggressive stroke, ball took one hop on the front of the green, checked, and made a hard right before dying into the cup. I just added this shot to my arsenal this year and the 2 I played in that Brant Valley round have made it my favorite shot into the green to the point that I look to play it even when I sometimes shouldn't. I like a nice high, soft landing wedge as much as anyone else, but there's just something so sexy about a low screamer that looks like it will zoom through the green hitting the breaks on a hop or 2 and stopping by the cup.
              Last edited by SmoothBomber; Jul 31, 2021, 04:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hebbsy View Post
                Dundee hole #2
                - driver to just in front of the creek
                - gap wedge to 10 feet
                - hit putt with alot of pace.hits center of cup and drops anyways
                That drive must have been epic. 350+?

Comment

• Willow Valley #16 on Thursday. Baby fade driver 300ish. Slightly thinned 3i that came in low and hot landing well before the green but rolling to back of green. Tried to lag the putt close and the 30+ footer dropped.

Comment

• Twenty Valley - par 5 1st

Draw with driver over the creek, 8 iron to 15 feet, made the uphill left to right.

Comment

• First ever eagle yesterday at Don Valley, hole #12! Driver down to the 200-yard stake, cut 5-iron to the front fringe and nailed the slider uphill.

Was playing with an 88-year old man who said it was the first eagle he'd ever seen and wasn't sure if he'd ever see one.

Comment

• 300yard par 4 that I never close to the green from tee box in the past ever Yesterday was magic Fitness and new longr shaft driver working for a year now I hit this green from tee box. My playing partners and myself was in shock ! 35 foot putt that just missed the edge for eagle

Comment

• A couple months ago at Thundering Waters #9. Great drive with the wind behind me down the right side, had about 160 left and the 3 large trees in my way. High 8 iron around them to a front pin. Lands a infront of the pin, one hops goes in the hole, hits the foam and bounces out landing right next to the cup. Tap in Eagle.
                          Callaway Blayne Standbag:
                          TaylorMade M1 9.5*
                          TaylorMade Burner Superfast 2.0 3w 15*
                          TaylorMade R15 5w 19*
                          TaylorMade RBZ Stage 1 TP 3 Hybrid
                          Taykormade Speesburner 5 Hybrid
                          5-AW TaylorMade RocketBladez
                          Callaway Mack Daddy 2 - 54* and 58*
                          Scott Cameron Newport 2 - Super Stroke 3.0 Slim
                          Srixion Z-Star XV

Comment

• Originally posted by twooffthetee View Post
                            First ever eagle yesterday at Don Valley, hole #12! Driver down to the 200-yard stake, cut 5-iron to the front fringe and nailed the slider uphill.

Was playing with an 88-year old man who said it was the first eagle he'd ever seen and wasn't sure if he'd ever see one.
                            Nice!

Challenging hole....tricky green, not a level spot on it, with some pin placements absolutely diabolical.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

• Legacy #4 on Monday. Great drive, pure 4 iron, 20 foot putt.
                              WITB
                              9.5 Nike Covert
                              15 TM Rocketballz
                              3-P Nike Pro Vr Combo
                              52,56,60 Nike X3X Wedges
                              TM White Smoke

Comment

• 160 yard 7 iron on the 9th at Port Hope. First hole out of my life! Proceeded to duck hook same ball into trees on 9 and made double. Ahhhh....golf.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X