/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Winter Tires.. Might be about that time!

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women’s curling team has been eliminated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post
      Women’s curling team has been eliminated.
      That's due to the stones had all season tires
      "The Older I Get...
      The Longer My Drives Used To Be."
      Relationships are a lot like algebra. Have you ever looked at your X and wondered Y

Comment

• Originally posted by Pin Seeker View Post

That's due to the stones had all season tires
        Not gonna lie but I was definitely viewing the Olympics thread when I posted that! Very strange!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kessly Snipes View Post

There is already a law for that. Winter tires just need to catch up.

and no, I am not saying driving on all season tires is nearly as bad as drinking and driving.
          No. I said that. But banning alcohol would eliminate the problem completely. Alcohol doesn’t do anyone any good anyway and there are way more dangerous drivers on the road impaired by alcohol than by all season tires. If you want to make the roads safe let’s address the big issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcampb00 View Post

No. I said that. But banning alcohol would eliminate the problem completely. Alcohol doesn’t do anyone any good anyway and there are way more dangerous drivers on the road impaired by alcohol than by all season tires. If you want to make the roads safe let’s address the big issues.
            You are comparing something that currently has a law to stop it, vs something that does not currently have a law. You are speaking about 2 very different things, that fact you are trying to use them as comparable shows you know you have a lost stance on the subject.

If you don't want to have a proper adult conversation we can end it here.
            Callaway Blayne Standbag:
            TaylorMade M1 9.5*
            TaylorMade Burner Superfast 2.0 3w 15*
            TaylorMade R15 5w 19*
            TaylorMade RBZ Stage 1 TP 3 Hybrid
            Taykormade Speesburner 5 Hybrid
            5-AW TaylorMade RocketBladez
            Callaway Mack Daddy 2 - 54* and 58*
            Scott Cameron Newport 2 - Super Stroke 3.0 Slim
            Srixion Z-Star XV

Comment

Clearly you aren't a drinker.

Click image for larger version

Name:	simpsons___to_alcohol.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	2745112
              MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

I'm by no means condoning drinking and driving, but can you even imagine the the economic impact it would have on the hospitality industry if you banned alcohol. In fact, it would probably change the Canadian economy as a whole, which is why it would never happen.

Comment

• There's actually a choice between two things you could ban to completely eliminate drunk driving.

I'm good. I'll walk.....
                  "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                  ...Iggy

Comment

• I think we should also ban texting and emailing. I mean sure there are already distracted driving laws, but let's just cut those 2 out completely across the country, safer roads for everyone!!!
                    Callaway Blayne Standbag:
                    TaylorMade M1 9.5*
                    TaylorMade Burner Superfast 2.0 3w 15*
                    TaylorMade R15 5w 19*
                    TaylorMade RBZ Stage 1 TP 3 Hybrid
                    Taykormade Speesburner 5 Hybrid
                    5-AW TaylorMade RocketBladez
                    Callaway Mack Daddy 2 - 54* and 58*
                    Scott Cameron Newport 2 - Super Stroke 3.0 Slim
                    Srixion Z-Star XV

Comment

• What happened to winter tires? I was hoping to hear Marty explain why he doesn't really need winter tires if his car is sitting parked in his driveway until the roads are plowed/salted. Wait, he's made that point a hundred times but is still getting flak. Cue Bern's great graphic of horse getting beaten.....

Comment

• Originally posted by wrigley View Post

I'm by no means condoning drinking and driving, but can you even imagine the the economic impact it would have on the hospitality industry if you banned alcohol. In fact, it would probably change the Canadian economy as a whole, which is why it would never happen.
                        I think they tried it once and got Al Capone and Nascar racing.

Used to be a few dry towns not far from Toronto. I seem to remember a couple around Orangeville, Shelburne might have been one.

Comment

• Originally posted by bogey5 View Post

I think they tried it once and got Al Capone and Nascar racing.

Used to be a few dry towns not far from Toronto. I seem to remember a couple around Orangeville, Shelburne might have been one.
                          Thanks to Bill Temple The Junction area of Toronto was 'dry' until the turn of this century.

Comment

• Originally posted by 68shark View Post
                            What happened to winter tires? I was hoping to hear Marty explain why he doesn't really need winter tires if his car is sitting parked in his driveway until the roads are plowed/salted. Wait, he's made that point a hundred times but is still getting flak. Cue Bern's great graphic of horse getting beaten.....
                            I’m just quietly watching from my garage....LOL!

Comment

• That looks more like a donkey than a horse.

Originally posted by Bern View Post
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	large.beating_a_dead_horse.gif.21be637bed4163a764cb264c578f3563.gif
Views:	46
Size:	216.0 KB
ID:	2744570

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fore Warned View Post
                                That looks more like a donkey than a horse.

But donkeys are better in the winter than horses!

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X