Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

America is not for Black People

X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Benz View Post

    OK, but at the time of the video, the cops appeared to be detaining the young man, not arresting him. Given that one or two of the people that had been sitting with the young man ran away when the cops arrived, I can understand why the cops would want to take control of that situation.

    Common sense would dictate that if a cop has a gun to your head you follow instructions to the letter rather than asking "What did I do, bro?" while also not complying.
    Common sense also says that cops need to uphold the law, while respecting the law.

    "A Colorado police officer has been arrested after body-camera footage showed him pistol-whipping, choking and threatening to shoot an unarmed man."

    "The footage shows the officers brutalizing Vinson, who cooperated with officers and repeatedly told them they had the wrong person. One officer, named John Haubert, threatened to shoot Vinson and hit him with a pistol multiple times, leaving him bloodied and bruised."

    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...iolent-beating

    I think people are foolish to argue or talk back to cops or border guards. But this cop crossed a pretty serious line. It still looked to me like the guy was trying to be compliant. It's hard to lie on your front when they push you down on your back.....
    "Confusion" will be my epitaph
    ...Iggy

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post

      Common sense also says that cops need to uphold the law, while respecting the law.

      "A Colorado police officer has been arrested after body-camera footage showed him pistol-whipping, choking and threatening to shoot an unarmed man."

      "The footage shows the officers brutalizing Vinson, who cooperated with officers and repeatedly told them they had the wrong person. One officer, named John Haubert, threatened to shoot Vinson and hit him with a pistol multiple times, leaving him bloodied and bruised."

      https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...iolent-beating

      I think people are foolish to argue or talk back to cops or border guards. But this cop crossed a pretty serious line. It still looked to me like the guy was trying to be compliant. It's hard to lie on your front when they push you down on your back.....
      All you can do is be compliant, you can’t control the actions of the police officer. The side of the road, or anywhere else you may interact with a police officer, is not the place to hold court. The justice system does a fairly good job of ‘getting it right’, and that is where you plead your case or worry about a violent police officer.

      Comment


      • White teenager assaults a black policeman who is forced to defend himself.

        The black policeman was fired and charges are pending against him.

        The system is so unfair.

        https://app.box.com/s/xmfvgqb2jrom7rafob9k87nprxk4612f

        Comment


        • On that Ahmoud Arbery case...

          Former Glynn DA Johnson arrested after indictment linked to Arbery case

          https://www.ajc.com/news/former-glyn...AFJHQAJN3XG5I/

          Comment


          • Derek Chauvin is appealing his murder conviction in the death of George Floyd.

            Ex-police officer Derek Chauvin to appeal conviction in George Floyd’s death - The Globe and Mail
            This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by mpare View Post
              Derek Chauvin is appealing his murder conviction in the death of George Floyd.

              Ex-police officer Derek Chauvin to appeal conviction in George Floyd’s death - The Globe and Mail
              As he should.........
              Bridgestone J715 10.5
              Adams Tight Lies Titanium 13.5
              Adams Super LS 17d.
              Mizuno JPX-850 forged 4-PW
              Scratch 8620 53d.
              Callaway X-forged 58d.
              Odyssey White Hot Tour #2
              Srixon Q-star tour

              Comment


              • Originally posted by mpare View Post
                Derek Chauvin is appealing his murder conviction in the death of George Floyd.

                Ex-police officer Derek Chauvin to appeal conviction in George Floyd’s death - The Globe and Mail
                This seems a pointless waste of time and money (and another chance to re-ignite BLM protests) given the video evidence of him asphyxiating Floyd until he was dead.

                What's your opinion of the merits of the appeal?
                "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                ...Iggy

                Comment


                • Originally posted by 73monte View Post

                  As he should.........
                  Because?...

                  Comment


                  • I would have been surprised had he not appealed. After all, he's the one who'll be serving time in prison unless the conviction is overturned. I have no idea what his chances of success are. You'd have to know as much as the counsel involved at trial to assess that properly. That said, the success rate of conviction appeals in the USA, according to the linked article, is less than 10%.

                    Chauvin verdict: Can ex-cop appeal conviction in George Floyd's death? (usatoday.com)

                    Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post

                    This seems a pointless waste of time and money (and another chance to re-ignite BLM protests) given the video evidence of him asphyxiating Floyd until he was dead.

                    What's your opinion of the merits of the appeal?
                    Last edited by mpare; Sep 25, 2021, 10:32 AM.
                    This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by mpare View Post
                      That said, the success rate of conviction appeals in the USA, according to the liked article, is less than 10%.

                      Chauvin verdict: Can ex-cop appeal conviction in George Floyd's death? (usatoday.com)
                      I wonder what it is for a white police officer . . .
                      If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

                      Comment


                      • This is why a lot of people think Voter ID laws is just a ruse.

                        https://twitter.com/chris_notcapn/st...68224106029059

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Benz View Post

                          Because?...
                          It's his right?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by vermin40 View Post

                            It's his right?
                            It may be his right, but someone suggested that 'he should'. Given this, I wanted to know what grounds he would have for appeal. Just because he has the right to appeal doesn't mean that he has the basis for one.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Benz View Post

                              It may be his right, but someone suggested that 'he should'. Given this, I wanted to know what grounds he would have for appeal. Just because he has the right to appeal doesn't mean that he has the basis for one.
                              Agreed, but if you were in his shoes, wouldn't you be throwing that Hail Mary?
                              TorontoGolfNuts.com/TGNFantasy

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Benz View Post

                                It may be his right, but someone suggested that 'he should'. Given this, I wanted to know what grounds he would have for appeal. Just because he has the right to appeal doesn't mean that he has the basis for one.
                                I guess that will become clearer when he launches his appeal.

                                Comment

                                Collapse

                                Latest TGN Reviews


                                Collapse

                                PGA Leaderboard


                                Working...
                                X