America is not for Black People

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: America is not for Black People

Originally posted by Secam View Post
    I doubt that a black Bill Gates would have met Paul Allen at Lakeside Preparatory Academy or Bill Allan at Harvard.
    Why do you say that? I thought a black man from humble beginnings became President of the United States.

Comment

Originally posted by Richd View Post
      not well though out comment. shows a fundamental misunderstanding of the dynamic at play.

what do you say the to the common experience of black men who are constantly pulled over because they have nice cars?

have you even been stopped and asked if you finance your car ?
      I was young, white, and had a very nice, very fast car. I got pulled over all the all the time.

Feel free to fill me in on what I'm missing.

Comment

Important article for me to read. The cause? Police(in Canada) used to,"protect & serve". Today, the police have become an exstenion of a Capitalism that is,"anti-citizen". The concentration of the corporate owned media has lead to a huge reduction in diversity of ideas, opinions and options...like raising the Federal Rate of Corporate taxation to 1960 levels. It's a,"dog eat dog world" is the common belief through all the main stream media. Long gone is the idea of a,"fair and just society". The wealthy and the owners of Corporations have become,"the new rulers" and citizens had better do as their told because,"we know best". It's the 1930's,"all over again".
        Max
        " One Day At A Time"

Comment

Is it different in Canada?

Comment

Originally posted by Left behind View Post
            I was young, white, and had a very nice, very fast car. I got pulled over all the all the time.

Feel free to fill me in on what I'm missing.
            every week?

were you ever asked about the financial arrangements/source of income that allowed you to drive that car?

Comment

Originally posted by Papa Chubby View Post
              Why do you say that? I thought a black man from humble beginnings became President of the United States.
              Because the colour of Obama's skin made it a big deal, and in a perfect world it wouldn't be.

The point of my original post and the point of the article is that blacks are treated different than whites. The fact that Tiger Woods or Obama can rise above it does not diminish this irrefutable fact.

If you're white skinned you won the genetic lottery. You get to start on third base waiting for a bunt. You have not earned the right to stand there and heckle those on first base for not trying hard enough.

Comment

every week?

were you ever asked about the financial arrangements/source of income that allowed you to drive that car?
                As a matter of fact yes. Not every week, but often enough, especially at night.

I have no idea what it's like to be a minority, I don't see the day to day encounters that minorities have with police or other figures of authority. I asked a simple question. Are minorities profiled based on the colour of their skin, or the stereotypes associated with the style of there clothes, music they listen to, places and time of day they congregate? Are middle aged professionals treated the same? Just questions, that's all.

Comment

This could also just be a 'rogue cop' like the one who shot that white kid on the bus in Toronto. Sammy Yatim was his name?

Please brief yourself.

He's Algerian-descent (Edit: Syrian) and threatened an officer with a knife. Do I condone the cop's actions? Not at all, but given that situation what did anyone expect to happen? You threaten a cop with any weapon and you should expect him to defend himself.
                  Last edited by cantcountstrokes; Aug 13, 2014, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cantcountstrokes View Post
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Sammy_Yatim

Please brief yourself.

He's Algerian-descent and threatened an officer with a knife. Do I condone the cop's actions? Not at all, but given that situation what did anyone expect to happen? You threaten a cop with any weapon and you should expect him to defend himself.
                    The rogue cop shot him 9 times from a safe distance as he stood alone on a Bus. And I could call him a lot worse than a rogue cop...I'm being polite.

Comment

"You have not earned the right to stand there and heckle those on first base for not trying hard enough."

You don't even know me...much less what I have or haven't earned.

Comment

There has never been a black president of the USA who came from humble beginnings.

Comment

Originally posted by Left behind View Post
                          Are middle aged professionals treated the same? Just questions, that's all.
                          yes quite often here are a couple examples that made the news:

and of course the famous Henry Louis Gates jr. case

Read the latest headlines, news stories, and opinion from Politics, Entertainment, Life, Perspectives, and more.

"BOSTON — Police responding to a call about "two black males" breaking into a home near Harvard University ended up arresting the man who lives there – Henry Louis Gates Jr., the nation's pre-eminent black scholar..."

Comment

Wow. Question answered.

yes quite often here are a couple examples that made the news:

and of course the famous Henry Louis Gates jr. case

Read the latest headlines, news stories, and opinion from Politics, Entertainment, Life, Perspectives, and more.

"BOSTON — Police responding to a call about "two black males" breaking into a home near Harvard University ended up arresting the man who lives there – Henry Louis Gates Jr., the nation's pre-eminent black scholar..."

Comment

no group in America is as derided, denigrated, abused and looked down upon by blacks, hispanic and whites alike as those defined as white trash, okie, redneck.
                              To date no American President has emerged from the dense hinterlands of the Appalachians.
                              Worse yet they don't have a Redneck history month, dedicated college, or library where their younguns can research and discover their roots.
                              As far as I know there is just one cookbook showcasing whitetrash cookery, and its still available on Amazon. Order now and get a Daisy Mae Apron.
                              Ernest Matthew Mickler's White Trash Cooking (1986) features recipes with names such as Goldie's Yo Yo Pudding, Resurrection Cake, Vickies Stickies, and Tutti's Fruited Porkettes.
                              things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Originally posted by laps View Post
                                There is always an exception that proves the rule. Oprah is another.
                                holy **** guys.. there are millions of well to do black people in the usa. this is oprah and tiger.. jeez..

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X